main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ~Darth Vader: Becoming the Dark Lord~ {Final Update Is Now Up!}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darth_nemisis, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Ladynaye, I just might. :)

Well everyone! I have finally found the time! Here is my next update! I hope you enjoy!

[b]Chapter 6[/b]
    The Jedi and the Sith were meeting in what was most likely the final duel the galaxy would ever see. For millennia?s, the Jedi and Sith battled each other endlessly in duels to the death, slaughtering one another in mass numbers in countless wars of the past. They have hated each other since the first dark-siders appeared, and hoped to eliminate each other completely from the face of the galaxy. For two millennia?s, the Jedi believed they had achieved their goal, as they were unaware of the Sith. Now, the tables have turned, and the final meeting of Jedi versus Sith is at hand?Unless, the Jedi can find a way to overcome the impossible...

The two sabers clashed once more as the black clad Sith Lord attacked with great power, a power so devastating that the Jedi could barely block it. However, Master Farr had obtained the strength through the Force, and was able to block the devastating blow. The attack did not stop however; Vader kept driving forward, swinging his blade with blinding speed. Being almost overwhelmed, Master Farr was forced to back-off; he jumped backwards, narrowly missing a jab to the mid-section.

The Jedi panted mildly, and looked at the Sith Lord. ?You are a great warrior, Anakin?? he said, hoping to dig into Vader?s skin.

?That name no longer has any meaning for me,? Lord Vader retorted, his tone even more deep than usual. In contrast to Farr, Vader was not panting at all. He was not sure if this was a result of his strength with the Dark Side, or the suit-the horrible, obsidian suit in which he was not sure if he hated or not.

During that brief pause, Rasca Farr thought about a brilliant plan: he would use the environment to his favor. He had lived among this place for years now, becoming one with it, and all of the living creatures around him. The dark Lord had no knowledge of this place, and that could possibly become his downfall. Master Farr, with the assistance of the Force, leapt into the air, and found himself a tree vine in which he used to swing to the branch of a tree. He then leapt from tree to tree hoping he would cause the Dark Lord to lose site of him.

Lord Vader kept eye contact with him, and leapt up to a tree branch. He had done this sort of duel before on Yavin IV during the Clone Wars against the Sith Hopeful known as Asajj Ventress. Though, it seemed extra accessible this time?perhaps it was the suit yet again. He did not know, and did not want to think about it, he had other things to concentrate on at the moment. Though, it was too late. He was distracted for a moment, and was unable to see the large tree branch that was flying his way. It hit him right in the center of his body, sending him flying to the ground some fifty feet below. He hit the ground with a hard thud, and lost his lightsaber on the way down. Now, he was defenseless, and the Jedi Master was approaching him, lightsaber in hand. Perhaps, he would not succeed as easily as he had thought. Or, perhaps...he would not succeed at all. [hr][/blockquote]

2. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2004
    Vader is not as powerful as he thinks he is. Interesting. Great update looking foward to more.

3. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    GO VADER!!

4. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    That's awesome, dude! Keep going!

5. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Wow! Another great update. I look forward to more. :)

6. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    El Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!! Nemisis (I spelled it right!!!!) Can I have a PM when you update please?

7. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Sure thing. :D

Thanks everyone for your comments!

8. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Here is an update! w00t!

Chapter 6

Lord Vader lay on the ground, stunned. How could he let such a thing happen? He was a Sith Lord, and he was fooled by a Jedi Master. Though, he didn?t have enough time to ponder about it, he could sense the Jedi approaching very fast. Before he knew it, Master Farr reached him and stabbed at the fallen Sith. Luckily, Darth Vader managed to move out of the way just in time. The Jedi?s lightsaber, however, did catch the cape of the Sith Lord, cutting it almost in half.

Lord Vader managed to get to his feet, his back aching from the fall. The multi-ply padding within his armor had absorbed some of the fall, but the strong padding could not contain all fifty feet of it. As soon as Vader turned around, Farr was right there on him. A dark blue blur of pure energy approached the Dark Lord with blazing speed, forcing Vader to jump out of the way as he was not able to get his lightsaber up in time. He couldn?t help but think as he was rolling on the ground that, if he were not contained in the suit, he would have been able to block the blow, possibly ending the duel right there. Though, he did not have enough time to think. When he got to his feet, he instantly brought his saber up to defend himself from a power attack from the Jedi, an attack so powerful that it caused Vader to stagger backwards slightly. The attack wouldn?t stop there either. The Jedi kept bringing on the advantage; a feint attack to the right, followed by a quick attack to the left, and a stab towards the chest.

The Dark Lord struggled to block these attacks; one had even burnt the armor upon his shoulder, just nipping his skin. He let out a short howl of pain, and fury. Lord Vader was now angry.

The Dark Lord of the Sith had managed to lock blades with the Jedi, something that he knew he could win: his strength was far more superior than the Jedi?s. The Jedi stared into the skull-like facemask of the Sith, his confidence began to grow. And, like all Jedi before him, his confidence lead to slight arrogance, and he tried to over-power Darth Vader. This proved to be a grave mistake.

With the Dark Lord now angry, he dug into his memories, something he thought he would never have to do, and thought of his mother, and Padme. The memories rushed into him just like the time he had rushed passed the finish line in the Boonta Eve race so many years ago. His anger grew even more, and he grabbed a hold of that anger and rage, and began to use it to his advantage.

As quickly as the Jedi had managed to turn the tide, Vader had done it twice as fast. Vader swung high with a hellacious attack to the shoulder. He did not stop there. He delivered a jab attack, followed by a slice, followed by a feint and sweep. His movements increased, and, before long, the Jedi couldn?t handle it. With a flick of his blade, the Jedi?s lightsaber went flailing into the air, hitting a tree like a bullet, and smashing into pieces. The Jedi fell backwards onto the hard ground of the forest of Endor. Master Farr sat on his knees on the forest floor, his hands up, trying to stop Lord Vader before he proceeded.

?Anakin,? he said calmly. ?Anakin, listen to me. You do not have to do this, you kno-?His words were cut short, as Vader slashed in a diagonal motion. The Jedi?s head fell to the ground, just as Vader?s life had come crashing down when Padme had died.

Jedi Master Rasca Farr had lived a peaceful life, especially after his isolation from the Jedi Order. He knew this day was coming; he did not fear it; he did not dread it; he only waited, meditating, practicing, and learning how to become once with the Force better than most Jedi would ever achieve. He had worked his whole life for that moment, for the moment where he had the chance to kill the Sith, and prevent a terrifying reign upon the galaxy. Though, that moment never came. The only moment that had arrived was his death, a death that brought the Jedi?s complete extinction closer. Jedi Master Rasca Farr had not gone in shame, however, Jedi Master Rasca Farr wen

9. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    Wow. That was beautiful. I anxiously await your next update.

10. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    Wow. That was great! :D =D=

11. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
  12. The_Dark_Knight

Jul 15, 2004
    I loved it man great job. Waiting for next update.

13. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    Hey! Sorry it took me so long to reply, but it's great to see that you're updating again! That was an awesome fight. It's great to see Vader in action, even if he did almost lose it a few times. In the end I'm glad the Jedi died in peace. Great updates. I can't wait for more!

14. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Thank you guys! I really appreciate the comments! :)

Though, unfortunately, I am not going to be able to update tonight like I had hoped. Sorry.:(

15. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Here is my recent update! Sorry for the wait everyone!

Chapter 8

Lord Vader began his slow walk back to the shuttle, which was still currently located some 25 kilometers away and at the other side of the closest city. Though, he walked back to his ship differently than he had away from his ship; he took his time, walking very slowly, as opposed to using the Force for guided speed. He didn?t have to be anywhere specific now, so he would take his time. Also, he was alone, something rare these days, and had plenty time to think about what he wished, without having to worry about anyone eavesdropping, especially the Emperor.

He was quite pleased with himself that he had disposed of this Jedi. Though, it wasn?t as easy as previously expected. It was approximately only the third Jedi he had killed within the suit, and it had been, by far, the toughest. During his previous battles, he had crossed a faintly similar amount of difficulty. He was hoping it was because the opponents he was facing were tough as opposed to the contingency that his suit was actually a detriment to his performance as he thought it may be. If that were the case, Vader would soon be erased from the face of the galaxy as the Emperor would find a new apprentice who could defeat Vader.

Before he knew it, Vader had reached his shuttle, the new improved Imperial shuttle, slick gray in color, and wings spanning from the center cockpit forming a sort of triangle. It was a slightly eerie ship, and was made that way, as were most of the starships in the Imperials arsenal.

?I see all went well?? Captain Neer said in more of a question and not a statement.

?Indeed,? Vader said tersely, heading to the room containing the holo-tranceiver; he needed to inform his master about what had just happened. He stepped on a platform that would send an image of Vader kneeling in respect for his master, and pushed a button, with the aid of the Force, that started the transmission. The message was instantly live as Palpatine had been expecting the call.

?My master,? he said, still kneeling. Saying these words brought a chill through the Dark Lord?s body as the remembrance of his times as a slaved rushed back into his head. He had used those words so many times to Watto as a child, and saying them now brought back those painful memories. Not only that, but the memory of Padme drifted into his thoughts. He remembered the day when he first saw her, and she identified him as a slave, not a person. Those painful memories caused the Dark Lord to pause.

?Lord Vader??? Asked Palpatine.

?I am sorry, my master,? said Vader, snapping back to the present. ?I have called you to inform you that all has gone well. Jedi Master Rasca Farr is now dead, just like the countless other Jedi.?

?Ahh...very nice my apprentice,? Palpatine said in his usual tone of voice, one of mystique. ?I sense you had a?tough time, is that correct??

Vader wanted to lie, but knew it would not be possible, for Lord Sidious knew everything. ?Y...yes, master. I do not know what came over me. I felt as powerful as I have ever felt, but it must not have been enough.? He hoped with these words, the Sith Master would not make an attempt to kill him as he had done with Count Dooku on the Separatist flag ship. By now, Vader knew that Dooku had been a sacrifice to the Emperor to make room for Vader.

Palpatine said nothing for a moment. ?Very well,? he said at last. ?I await for your return.? Vader bowed, as the transmission was quickly ended. He hoped his master was not too disappointed in him.

------------------

He shut the transmission off quickly. The view of Vader kneeling vanished into thin air, and Palpatine swiveled around in his chair, staring off into the city planet known as Coruscant, the home world for the new Galactic Empire. The Emperor let himself slip into deep meditation, and he began to think.

There can be only a master and an apprentice...no more, no less.

This was a fundamental saying to the new era of Sith, founded by Darth Bane

16. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    Awesome. Apart from one minor part :p

?Ahh...very nice my apprentice,?

Sorry, but that sounds so un-emperor like lol. It sounds like a teacher at school :D

17. The_Dark_Knight

Jul 15, 2004
    That was good Darth Nemisis. Can't wait for more.

18. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    =D= Very good...Its very clear why Vader would want to avoid being replaced. ;)

19. jpauln

May 3, 2005
    Awesome update! Vader's still more powerful than most, even in his suit. I'm sure he'll find a way to prove himself to his Emperor.

20. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    This kicks ass :D

21. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    I would just like to apologize to all those for my absence in this Fan Fic. I just thought I would let everyone know I will be wrapping this up soon, making it much shorter than I had expected. Expect an update sometime soon!

22. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Okay everyone, sorry about the delay! I have finally gotten around to this fic. This chapter does not contain as much "action" but it is a lead up to the final chapter. Enjoy!

Chapter 9

The sleek grey Imperial Shuttle landed within the hanger of one of the largest Star Destroyers in the Imperial fleet, Demoniac. The large Star Destroyer orbited the Death Star, the Commanders on the bridge looking at the ongoing construction of the massive planet crushing machine. It was said that the Death Star would not be complete for quite a long time, but it was already looking like a brilliant masterpiece; it's spherical shape made it look like a beautiful moon when looked upon on the surface of the nearest planet.

As the ramp descended, Vader began his descent out into the hanger. As he emerged, Imperial Stormtroopers, formally known as Clone Troopers of the Grand Army of the Republic, lined up in perfect rows standing at attention. In the center of the room was a man cloaked in a dark black robe, an old, wooden cane in hand. He walked towards the Dark Lord, his face covered in the shadows.

"Welcome back, Lord Vader," the man said to Vader--who had lowered himself to one knee, showing his deepest respect for his master--in an eerie tone of voice, which had become his usual tone these days as he dug further and further into the Dark Side of the Force. Darth Sidious raised his head slightly and said, "Rise."Â? Vader did as commanded and the pair began to walk, Vader a fraction of a second behind the old man.

"The Jedi are coming ever closer to extinction, my apprentice."

"Â?I know, my master."Â? The words he spoke, once again, brought back painful memories of his former self as the slave on Tatooine, the slave to Watto. When he left that horrid planet, he had promised not to ever be a slave ever again...but he couldn't help but think that he had, in some way, become a slave.

The master and apprentice walked with each other in silence for a few moments, the Imperial Royal Guards following closely behind them. After another few short moments, the Emperor said: "How are you doing? I sense you are having some difficulties."

Vader did not respond right away, he continued to walk, thinking carefully of what to say.
    It is true, master. I do not feel myself anymore. This suit seems to be...holding me back."Â? Those words brought back a vivid memory, a painful memory, of a time before his marriage on Tatooine. He had same the same thing about Obi-wan in one of the shacks in his step-fathers farm.

"It is to be expected," Sidious said, bringing Vader back to the present time. "You just need more practice within your ""life-giverâ"."� He did not refer to the obstruction as a "suit", rather, he called it a "life-giver". Vader understood. He would not be alive right now had it not been for the suit. Though, would he have preferred that? His life at the moment was a living hell, all that he had loved had been taken away, his friends turned against him, his life nearly taken from him, his former best friend leaving him for dead, not helping him to survive.

"Yes, my master." Vader lowered his head, feeling slightly ashamed at the moment. He knew that Sidious could tell what he was thinking, as if he was reading his mind.

"You need to realize, Lord Vader, that you are still very powerful. You have eliminated many Jedi within your suit, which is no small feat." His tone was similar to the father-like tone he had used to lure Anakin to the dark side. Though, Vader could feel a slight difference in his tone, as if his master was...disappointed in his apprentice. "Indeed," the Sith Master continued. "It is to be suspected that you are not as powerful as what you could have been. However, the power of the Dark Side works in mysterious ways. It is to be my opinion that the Dark Side has brought you into the suit for a reason that we have yet to discover. While you continue your training, I believe that reason will become clearer."

"I understand, my master..." His words drifted off, as he slipped into

23. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    Very nice update....though there's something odd about "â??" these... [face_thinking]
    Anyway, nicely done. :)

24. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Ahhh! In the preview they were not there! I have been getting those all the time. Thanks for pointing that out! ;)

I sincerely apologize for that. FOr some reason, they are substituting for my (")'s and (')'s. I will fix it, I hope.

25. jpauln

May 3, 2005
    I love how you're showing Vader's discomfort in his suit and the Emperor's doubts. Good update!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.