main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Darth Vader, Chewbacca and Wicket are coming to Charlotte!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TuskenFan, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Greetings Rocky Mount friends, my name is Luis and I am a member of the Charlotte FanForce. I just wanted to give you all a heads up on this if you have not seen it already. On August 25th Dave Prowse, Peter Mayhew and Warwick Davis will be coming to Charlotte! No details yet as far as where exactly they are going to be but, according to the Official Site, details will be coming soon. We are going to try to make this a Charlotte FanForce outing if we can. Maybe, if any of you guys decide to go we can try to meet up. I guess as soon as more details are available we can plan this better. Here is a link to the announcement on the Official Site...

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/family/news20060804.html

2. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    That could be awesome. Some of the guys here have met Peter and David, but many of us havn't. Thank you for the update and I look forward to it.

3. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Cool! That would be a nice trip for those who are going to be unable to go to C4 next year. :(
    Plus, its the day before my birthday.;)

4. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Excellent! If any of you guys would like to meet up let us know. Here is the link to the thread in the Charlotte board.

http://boards.theforce.net/charlotte_nc/b10067/24594781/p1/?1

Hope to get to meet you! [face_peace]

5. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Interesting I look forward to more details. :cool:

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

6. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002

I do not read that article to suggest that Prowse, Mayhew, and Davis are coming. I read it that Vader, Chewie, and Wicket are coming. As in, I believe they're just sending out guys in costumes. It never says anything about the actors, but continually says the "characters" will be making appearances. Plus, the associated contest talks about taking pics with the characters. I don't think a bunch of pics with the actors would be anywhere near as interesting as pics with characters. I could be totally offbase on this, but that's how I read the article.

7. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    It does seem like that but please see my response to Dal in the Charlotte thread here...

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=24594781&brd=10067&start=24609878

8. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Ok, sorry for the double post but it has been confirmed with Jeremy at Rebelscum.com. It is NOT going to be the actors but just people dressed in costumes. Details were kinda sketchy and I guess I jumped the gun. If people are still interested in going, the Charlotte FanForce will be going and it would be great to make some new friends.

9. BarrisOffee

BarrisOffee Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    Im not sure if i'll be home..hope so, but i would love to go with you guys...this sounds so darn cool.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.