Char, NC Darth Vader, Chewbacca & Wicket are coming to Charlotte!

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by TuskenFan, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    OK, I've contacted someone over at the Original Site to ask about this. Hopefully they might know an answer or two. ;)
  2. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Knight

star 5
    Are there any other big events going on in Charlotte on the 25th? Maybe something unusual that they could just show up at?
  3. Darth_Julio Jedi Youngling

star 2
    im coming on friday to charlotte so i hope we all can go and hang out ......
  4. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    I'll have to look and see if there is anything "suspicious" :p

Julio, I'll let TK-2970 know and we'll get together with you. :)
  5. darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight

star 2
    They're probably going to be somewhere in uptown definitely, right? I'm mean they wouldn't show up somewhere weird like the Arb or University City or something...

If we can find out where they're going to be and it's not too far from me, I'll definitely be there. It'll be my first day of school and a welcome relief.

DL Purple Pencil
  6. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master

star 6
  7. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    OK, I have a wee little inkling of information. It isn't much. I am also putting in another email to the guy who wrote it for http://www.canmag.com/news/4/3/4640

The journey kicks off Aug. 22 in Miami and ends Sept. 10 in San Diego. During the road trip, characters will visit Niagara Falls, take in some Major League and AAA baseball, attend a Las Vegas wedding and get a glimpse of the Johnson Space Center ? among a host of activities. They also will take time out to spend time with patients in children?s hospitals in many of the cities.

Now, the Knights are in Durham that day so we can rule out that.

[face_frustrated] [face_frustrated] [face_frustrated] [face_frustrated] [face_frustrated]

OK, TK-2970's HS has posted a question in the HS forums at starwars.com.

If I don't get answers soon I'm gonna be an angry wench! :mad:
  8. Darth_Julio Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Lucas starts to piss me off! First the phantom menace, then he doesn?t do **** to the original trilogy on DVD (b/c he said, he doesn?t care) and now this...
  9. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    It's Greedo's fault. :p ;)

Spooky [CR from W-S] said he is going to try to troop for this event so he may . . . or may not know something.
  10. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    [face_plain] leads to :(
    :( leads to [face_frustrated]
    [face_frustrated] leads to :mad:
    :mad: leads to [face_beatup]

OK, the only two major events in Charlotte on are:

The Wiggles

and

Kannapolis Intimidators vs. Augusta Green Jackets

I highly doubt that Vader, Chewie and Wickett are going to The Wiggles concert. They might frighten Captain Feathersword! :eek:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/cf.jpg]

The baseball game is a get a free admission if you bring a school supply night.

I'll try to call the office there and see if I can squeeze any info out of them.

11. TuskenFan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    OK! I just left a voicemail for the person in charge of this event in the public relations department at Lucasfilm. I explained that the event for our city is Friday and that we have no idea what is going on. I asked that she call back and speak with me or Jada to explain what's going on. Hopefuly we can finally make some headway with this. We will post any info as soon as we know something.
  12. Darth_Julio Jedi Youngling

star 2
    awesome tk you are the **** thank you
  13. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Knight

star 5
    You would think it would be in their best interest to promote a little in advance instead of keeping it a big secret. :confused:
  14. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master

star 6
    They probably don't have anything set in stone themselves except the idea. It could be a badly planned tour.
  15. TuskenFan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That's what it sounds like. Jada is on the phone with Lucasfilm right now, so as soon as she get's off the phone I'll let you all know what she found out...

Ok! We have some info! They will be at the movie exhibit at Discovery Place from 4 to 5 pm. People who are planning to go, please brainstorm on where and when you would like to meet and post it here.
  16. TuskenFan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Alright, sorry about the double post but I ran out of edit time. I was thinking that we might want to get together afterwards to get some dinner before everyone heads their seperate ways. My suggestion was that we go to Quaker Steak & Lube. It is near Concord Mills Mall but the food is good and worth the drive. They have the best wings I have ever had. They also have steak, ribs, chicken, salads and burgers. Let us know if you are up for this. We are also open to other suggestions as well. Here is a link to Quaker Steak's web site...

http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/

http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/default.asp?fldLocation=charlotte

http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/pdf/charlotte_menu.pdf
  17. darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll definitely try to be there, but is there a cover charge to get into Discovery Place? I haven't been there since a field trip in the third grade...

DL Purple Pencil

PS: is anyone else coming from the south Charlotte area?
  18. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    [face_plain]

Fuel Pizza for the win. :p

OK folks, I'm going to be calling Discovery Place and finding out if they:

1) will do some kind of group rate for us
    2) will definitely confirm all of this ;)

I'll also be PMing all the NC CRs and calling spooky-kid to find out if he is coming up for this. There is an indication that the 501st will be involved.

edit: markups aren't my friend today
  19. darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight

star 2
    If Fuel Pizza was a serious choice, I'd say go there. Despite how wonderful Quaker Steak and Lube is, it's really far from center city...

DL Purple Pencil
  20. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    I'm making up a flyer and I've registered a domain for us at charlottefanforce.com.

I know TK-2970 is a slave to the Quaker Steak. [face_hypnotized] He [face_love] the place. And I <3 Fuel! =P~
  21. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master

star 6
    Even though I won't be there, Fuel Pizza off South Blvd/East Blvd. would be a great and central location in Charlotte to meetup at and possibly carpool to avoid the 10-20$ parking fines at Discovery Place.
  22. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    And you won't be there why? o_O
  23. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master

star 6
    Again, I'll be at DragonCon for The Legacy of Tirlannon and Phatooine.
  24. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    I thought that was next week not this week :confused:

edit:

I just looked and D*Con is next weekend, Sept 1-4. Unless you are leaving on a Camel to Atlanta on Friday I don't see why you'd be out there the weekend before. :p
  25. TKBIG Jedi Youngling

They will also be making an appearance that morning.

Post edited ... agree with Jada.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.