main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #1-6: The Chosen One (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    By Soule. Which means we'll get awesome Palpatine scenes.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

3. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I love it. I can't get enough Vader!

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You didn't quote the important bit!

Now, does this mean the end for Poe? Not necessarily, Soule writes bloody fast, he could handle two ongoings, but can people's wallets?

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

This is going to be strange.

Hope it doesn't confuse people for the Vader comic we already have.

6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    This sounds pretty great to me!

7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

vncredleader You are my Comic Book expert. I know characters have multiple books but any examples of them with the same name? Doesn't that confuse people?

8. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Oooh, Seventh Sister in a comic book. Yes please.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

That Vader comic is already over.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Revanfan1, Daneira and Taalcon like this.
  10. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Since there aren't two books with two different timelines coming out with monthly issues at the same time with the same name, I don't see a problem. The first run of Darth Vader has ended, and now a new Volume is beginning. This is pretty standard.

Also: VERY COOL!

Luceno's Tarkin refers to the Affair on Murkhana shortly after ROTS, clearly winking towards the events of his Legends book Dark Lord. Wonder if Soule will be giving us a new Murkhana story (much like Kanan gave us a new Haruun Kal / Depa story).

11. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    In one word: YES!

Soule wrote the best Marvel series to date with Lando, and Poe's been great all around.

I've only one wish for this: dump Vader on korriban (and call it that!) and have him survive there while pondering his choices.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    He's your expert? Well, yeah, he's a good guy, but he's far from the only one here!

Nope. Marvel have done lots and lots of re-numbering over the years. They'll restart from #1 for a sales bump, then, if a big anniversary issue is approaching they re-number back to say #200.

Where it has proven confusing is digital, as the way material is listed can make it hard to work out the sequencing. Similarly trades, we will have 3 Darth Vader Volume 1s next year:
    • Volume 1 TPB - Gillen
    • Volume 1 OHC - Gileen
    • Volume 1 TPB - Soule
    (And if it's deemed successful enough, a second Volume 1 OHC)

What it comes down to is ensuring accurate sign-posting which Marvel isn't great, they tend to rely on fans knowing the state of play.

13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Well, it wasn't long before they did another Vader series.:p Glad to see it closer to RotS though.

14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    We might the fates of Jedi from the PT. Luminara, Barriss, Shaak Ti, etc.
    The Grand Inquisitor.

DelRiego likes this.
  15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Ah....gotcha. Thanks for answering

Well it'll be interesting to see a Dark Times comic again. I think apart from Kannan this is the only Dark Times comic

spicer, vncredleader and Jedi Ben like this.
  16. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
  17. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    What potential! Let's not forget that as per the Ahsoka novel there was already the entire inquistorious squad about. Who was that the 6th brother was it, 1 year post ROTS.

Inquisitor trials maybe?

Sinrebirth and Taalcon like this.
  18. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I think this will give something a lot of people have wanted to see for decades. Vader hunting down and killing remaining Jedis as this comic starts off a second post ROTS.

19. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Camuncoli is awesome when he's drawing Amazing Spider-Man, so the art will be top notch in this series !:D

20. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Seriously, the new canon is giving so much love to Vader and Vader fans. [:D]

Everything about this one sounds awesome. Especially the red lightsaber construction. And Charles Soule, on Vader and Palps. Ooooh yes.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  21. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    It's going to be released in June. Meaning we indeed will likely only have fifteen issues of Poe (he probably already has those written).

22. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm literally shaking with excitement now. Post ROTS Vader is exactly what I've wanted to see from the new canon ever since I read the brilliant legends "darth vader" and.... series. And now we're basically getting the canon version of that.

I hope we get a story revolving around Anakin's lingering guilt and his thoughts on Padme. I think it'd be interested if this series show Vader at his most Anakin-like. Not so much whiny but he's still in the process of deciding which parts of his personality to keep and which to discard Eg: first set of issues he's constantly thinking and talking about Padme.

Officer: Senator Amidala? I always thought of her as a bit of a separatist sympathiser lord vader
    Vader: Amidala was a champion of political power, her death was a grievous blow to the empire. You WILL build the Naberrie memorial on Imperial Center Commander and you will build it to my exact specifications!

Plus I think we should get a canon explanation on what the galaxy was told regarding Anakin Skywalker fate. Was he a traitor like the rest? Or a brave whistle-blower, who was tragically Assassinated by the fugitive Kenobi?

23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    YES! This is something I've been wondering.

Jedi Princess and vncredleader like this.
  24. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Yeah all the time. We just call them Volume #. So take Iron Man for example: volume 1 was 332 issues ending in 1996, volume 2 started right after and lasted 13 issues ending in 1997, volume 3 lasted 90 issues starting a few months after vol 2 and ending December 2004, volume 4 starts January 2005 and lasts 35 issues ending in January of '09 with War Machine as the focus, volume 5 does not start till Marvel Now in '12 and ending after 28 issues in '14 (funnily enough his whole volume is Gillan's run on Iron Man). During volume 4 and before volume 5 Tony was moved over to a new title "Invincible Iron Man" which lasts 33 issues.

Now we get into Marvel hating me and collectors or really any sane people. After 33 issues the book is renumbered as 500 moving forward till issue 527 right before Marvel Now relaunched the title with Gillan. So that is the strange history off books titled "Iron Man" and that is not getting into Superior, Invincible Iron Man vol 2, International, and Invincible vol 3 and Infamous which are out now focusing on Riri and Dr. Doom respectively.

So in others words if you like sanity and are thinking of reading marvel comics, RUN RUN NOW!!!!! DC is much better at this with Batman vol 1 being issue 1 in 1940 all the way to issue 713 in 2011 right before the systematic slaughter of everything I hold dear, also known as the New 52, Volume 2 lasts till issue 52 with no interruptions and is mostly just Snyder save for fill ins here and there and one King issue I think, now we are at volume 3 cause DC Rebirth and we are currently at issue 18 with 19 being next week cause we are shipping twice a month and once again this has been a single run thus far.

See how Marvel changes their numbers all the time? Jedi Ben knows what I'm talking about.

25. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Another good thing is that we can guarantee that Vader will NOT be travelling around with a wise cracking female companion and her pair of homicidal droids that ultimately don't fit with Vader's character.

Note: I like Aphra :)