Lit Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #1-6: The Chosen One (5/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Mar 10, 2017.

1. TrandoJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome to Marvel Comics in the 21st century, you're in a for a more complicated than it should be ride. :D
    revan772 likes this.
  2. StarWarsFan91 Jedi Master

star 4
    That makes the most sense. Also it works well with the many sith of the past. Instead of needing a crystal already in a jedi lightsaber, the large amounts of sith could get their crystals in a typical place that has them. Meaning they don't need to be in constant state of war with the Jedi, steal their sabers, to get their red blades. For the RoT sith, im sure Maul wasn't the only one who didn't kill a Jedi to get a crystal. We have to remember their is a reason the Sith have been off the radar of the Jedi for so long.
    darklordoftech and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    There's also the fact that Sidious already has a full store of Kyber crystals as of ROTS (which he kept in the Grand Republic Medical Facility, per the canon edition of Complete Locations).
  4. spicer Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe finding a Kyber crystal by himself is a test tailored for Vader personally? It doesn't mean that every Sith has to acquire a crystal the same way.
  5. TheDonnerSmarty Jedi Youngling

Per this new comic, Palpatine picked up Yoda's lightsaber and had it destroyed along with all the other lightsabers. So I guess this page from last year's COMPLETE LOCATIONS book is already incorrect?

Look at the right side. The part about the box holding Yoda's lightsaber:

[IMG]
    Last edited by TheDonnerSmarty, Jun 13, 2017
    MrDarth0 likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 6
    It's an empty box! Yoda takes brooding to a new level.
    MrDarth0, Revanfan1 and cwustudent like this.
  7. Iron_lord Force Ghost

star 8
    Did we actually see the lightsaber on his belt during or after his escape from the Senate building?

If not, he may have manufactured himself another one, rather than retrieving his old one from the Senate building floor where it ended up after Palpatine disarmed him.
    Daneira likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 6
    I doubt Yoda has his saber after his fight with Sidious. I think Yoda could have made himself a new lightsaber in 2 decades on Dagobah. The place was strong with the Force and he's freakin Yoda. He could have probably made one out of twigs.
    Last edited by BigAl6ft6, Jun 13, 2017
    Daneira likes this.
  9. tatooinesandworm Jedi Knight

star 2
    Pretty sure that's canon though. Didn't Huyang, show the young Jedi group, a lightsaber with the hilt made out of wood?

Yoda probably did have a wooden light saber.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 6
    damn straight he did! Of course, I guess he just had Kyber crystals in the planet somewhere.
    Last edited by BigAl6ft6, Jun 13, 2017
  11. Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    But that was a special wood, Huyang said it was the only wood that could be used for a lightsaber hilt. I don't know if this kind of wood grows on Dagobah.
  12. LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Remember that Yoda came to Dagobah from Kashyyyk and in an escape pod made of metal.
  13. ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Somebody with twitter should ask Pablo about this.
  14. tatooinesandworm Jedi Knight

star 2
    Pretty sure Pablo is like 5 Star Wars tweets from snapping and committing massive workplace violence.

Seriously, someone who has that much acrimony towards the fans should probably be put into a more satisfying position.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force
    DelRiego, Sinrebirth and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. jamminjedi23 Jedi Master

star 4
    That scene would have taken place over twenty years after last weeks Vader issue. Yoda had plenty of time to build himself a new lightsaber. Unless it specifically said that that was the lightsaber he used during the Clone Wars than there is absolutely no contradiction whatsoever.
    Last edited by jamminjedi23, Jun 14, 2017
    Revanfan1, BigAl6ft6 and LelalMekha like this.
  16. Vialco Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    That was always a lie. Yoda fled the Senate without his lightsaber. He's not carrying the weapon when he jumps into Bail's speeder.
  17. jamminjedi23 Jedi Master

star 4

Yep. As you can see Yoda's lightsaber gets knocked out of his hands during the Sidious fight and we never see him pick it back up or even searching for it. So it would actually be more of a contradiction if the lightsaber in his Dagobah hut was the one he used during The Clone Wars than if it was an entirely new one he built later.
    Revanfan1, BigAl6ft6 and spicer like this.
  18. JawaDog Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Actually Vader is the one who surmises that the saber of a Sith must be taken before the Emperor tells him that
    MrDarth0 likes this.
  19. StarWarsFan91 Jedi Master

star 4
    By the time this series is over, I hope at least one jedi who appeared in it will survive further in the timeline. Vader is expected to kill various jedi, but I want to see one not fall to his hands and avoid death for now (either dying later or giving up the jedi path pre-Rebels). It could create a window into more of the world about jedi survivors perspective in a new dark era.
    revan772 likes this.
  20. Charlemagne19 Force Ghost

star 8
    Mind you, I want Ezra and Kanan to survive until ROTJ and beyond but am less inclined for others.
  21. Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Knight

star 3
    I haven't picked this up yet since I only get my lot of comics once a month, but I have to ask is it good? I get a lot 2x a month so just wanted to know if it's worth the effort and money.
  22. Vthuil Force Ghost

star 5
    There's only one issue out so it's hard to say long-term, but right now? Yes. It's good.
    spicer likes this.
  23. spicer Jedi Master

star 4
  24. T7-01 Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Wow, this is amazing!

Show Spoiler
    Really love the clone dialog and that they know that their fight days will be over! I love this series so far! It's basically everything i wanted. I wonder what Vader is doing there.
    Last edited by T7-01, Jun 16, 2017
  25. spicer Jedi Master

star 4
    A better look at Kirak Infil'a (the new Jedi character) from the issue #3 variant cover:
    Show Spoiler
    [IMG]

https://jedi-bibliothek.de/2017/06/marvel-variants-darth-vader-3-doctor-aphra-9/

So bad ass. He looks like Dass Jennir on steroids (and Jennir is pretty muscular anyway!). I'm a bit confused though, is Kirak's lightsaber green or blue? It looked blue-ish on the regular cover and it seems green-ish here?