main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #1-6: The Chosen One (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Mar 10, 2017.

1. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    It will be interesting if there will be time jumps in this series or if the whole thing will take place during the first year or two of the DT time period. There aren't any set in stone story arcs to follow like there were with the first Vader series (him finding out about Luke and becoming the leader of the entire Imperial Fleet like he was in ESB).

For the most part Soule can do whatever he wants as there is nothing set in stone canon wise that has to happen to Vader until really the time of Rebels (which is close to fifteen years after this series will begin).

Only thing I can think of is that he should have some missions with Tarkin occasionally to back up what Catalyst and the Tarkin novel said.

2. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    This has unlimited potential and I am thoroughly excited of the possibilities. However I hope they don't water down and breeze through the whole light saber construction process . I'd love to physically see that part and anything Vader during this undiscovered time period.

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

and new interview
    http://www.starwars.com/news/in-marvels-new-darth-vader-series-we-will-see-the-sith-lords-rise-the-construction-of-his-lightsaber-and-more?cmp=smc|830249160

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

*faints*

5. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    I am as excited for more Palpatine as I am for more Vader, if not more so! I see the IGN article mentions that the Emperor is Soule's favorite SW character.

Heather Antos posted on Twitter that the full name of this series is Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith.

Vialco, revan772, Revanfan1 and 4 others like this.
  6. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

Is it just like a supermodel asking you out on a date????

BliTTzZ and revan772 like this.
  7. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    I guess they don't have a font yet so they just rushed it out with the old one and two artworks from the archive.

8. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016

I understand the fainting...this is just too amazing to process!!!

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The most exciting thing about this is getting a new ongoing about Vader. But the second most exciting thing about it is that with Soule we have a writer who will probably delve deep into Sith mythology. He did so for Lando, after all. And he already hints at it Sith mythology will play a huge role because the first arc is about a mythical journey. Force mythology was rather absent in Gillen's run safe for a few scenes with the Emperor. So Soule now has an almost empty playfield because so little about the Sith is really explained.

10. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Hmm, with the beginning of the Inquisitorius being shown, I wonder if there will be any information on when they began hunting for Maul and referring to him as "the Shadow". Perhaps we will be seeing a Vader vs Maul duel after all?

Jedi Ben likes this.
  11. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I hope that not only do we see a former temple guard become the 1st one, but we see the early training of other Inquisitor characters. It could create a jumping off point for an eventual inquisitor series. I'm also looking forward for Jedi characters this series can create, for the Empire to fight. But its best if not every Jedi that shows up bites the bullet before the end of this mini. Having at least one survive leaves the door open for more stories about him or her. I wonder if this new arc could answer the fate of Barriss. If we do though, I prefer to not see her join the inquisitors nor fight Vader at this time. Yes she should die pre-Rebels, but right after RoTS is too soon. Before Death walks to her door, she should get her own comic set post RoTS. What I'm also glad to see in this series is clones and Republic tech under the Empire, and maybe Ex-CIS can appear.

BliTTzZ likes this.
  12. jafo

jafo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2001

Just to make things even more confusing, looks like Marvel will be returning to legacy numbering soon. So comics will jump from (vol 4 (say)) issue 15 to issue 700

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, I've heard that too Jafo - not a new trick but they haven't used it for a while.

Oh hell, this is going to be good. They're actually going to show how Vader actually earnt that title and its meaning.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Noice.

This is my preferred reading of Palps/Vader, more-or-less. I'm increasingly optimistic, and I wasn't pessimistic to start.

15. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    so this is the canon version of the legends novel Dark Lord: The Rise of Dath Vader (Cause that novel immediately starts right after ROTS too.)

DelRiego likes this.
  16. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Well, it's taking place in the same kind of timeframe within the new continuity, yeah. I wouldn't go so far as to to call it "the canon version of RoDV", though, because . . . well. Because that's incorrect. :p

17. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Indeed because Dark Lord will always be canon. :vader:

vncredleader and spicer like this.
  18. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    That, right there, was the finest piece of Jello-shtick I've ever seen you do in all my years on the forum.

And one I happen to agree with... *faints*

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  19. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    No, it's a supplement to that novel because as Valryk said
    :)

vncredleader likes this.
  20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Sounds cool but I would have preferred a different character.

21. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I like this reading as well. It adds a lot of depth to the character of Palpatine and their whole dynamic. And Vader is not just a dupe for following him.

Ithorians, Ulicus and vncredleader like this.
  22. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    There better be clone troopers in this.

23. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    If there are a ton of V-wings I will find a con Soule is at just to give him a hug.

spicer and Jedi Ben like this.
  24. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    There will be as there are in Catalyst, Kanan and IIRC Lords of the Sith and all of those take place later than this series.

vncredleader likes this.
  25. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    Yep, one of the Royal Guards is a clone in Lords of the Sith. Loving the sound of this comic, I enjoyed Gillen's Vader a lot but the potential here is great, as others have mentioned hopefully they won't rush through things like the lightsaber being constructed in a fair amount of detail. Also hoping for some insight into the Sith and their teachings within the new canon.