main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #1-6: The Chosen One (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    in Lords of the Sith, Vader is still flying his Eta-2, so this will most likely be the ship he uses in the comic.

La Calavera, Vialco and spicer like this.
  2. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    That would be awesome, his starfighter hasn't been depicted in comics since Darth Vader and the Lost Command.

SilentGuy66 and Vialco like this.
  3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    To celebrate my excitement:

MORE METAL THAN MAN

[​IMG]

4. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    Part of is like, "Oh god, we've already got our first vol 2," the other part of me is like, "Hey I'll eat up anything by Soule."

Edit: Whoa wait is that issue 2's actual variant? If so... I never thought I'd ever want a variant as cheesy as that but... damn. That's art. :')

Daneira and Jedi Ben like this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You know, a couple of weeks back, I got to the end of the Darth Vader OHC2 and was:

OK, that was great? What's next? Er....

The next OHC is Star Wars OHC2, but that's a real mixed bag. Aphra? Not a fan. Poe? Have to admit, if an OHC turns up, but it hasn't yet. So, nothing really to look forward to.

Then this came along.

Vialco likes this.
  6. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Is there really much room to have Darth Maul in this series. There is virtually nothing known about Maul from about 19BBY to 4BBY or so (or whenever he chose to go to Malachor).

This would be a great opportunity to fill in more of his storyline during that time period as well. However since this series will be told through Vader's and the Empire's perspective Maul might not make a good fit in this series since he likely would have been trying to avoid Sidious and the Empire after the events of SoD.

7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Awesome news, I loved the first Vader comic.

8. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    I literally did not see this news before I saw star wars explained's video just now. Woah I'm excited considering it is post-RotS.

9. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    Yeah OHCs seem to have dried up :( Poe would be the obvious choice given the number of issues but aside from that I can't see how any others will happen, Han Solo for example doesn't fit anywhere.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Remember that they've done single series OHC editions - Shattered Empire. The same might happen on O&A and Solo minis.

11. hilldill

hilldill Jedi Knight

Dec 4, 2013
    Have high hopes for this comic. I do hope we see more of the Death Star construction. Maybe we might have Krenic or Galen Erso show up?

Chris_Fives and Ben09 like this.
  12. Old Rex

Old Rex Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 28, 2015

The reprinting of Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir makes me think that'll come in a Darth Maul OHC later this year. It is strange we haven't heard anything about O&A or HS, though...

Jedi Ben likes this.
  13. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    The time period, writer and artist make me very excited indeed. I hope the building of his lightsaber is suitably epic.

Chris_Fives likes this.
  14. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm wondering if this was part of the reason why they didn't announce a season 4 for rebels. You know, cause of the darth vader comic book, with new information on the inquisitors, the construction of the red lightsaber and stuff like that. All in all, I am thrilled. This is a great opportunity to expand not only on Vader, but Palps plans, and hopefully, have Vader hunt jedi, and see him grow in the dark side. Now, I wonder if this is also another series meant to re-shape Vader into the monstrosity that we see in both Rogue One and A New Hope. I know that in ROTS Lucas said that Vader was not all that, and with Marvel's first series of Vader they really made him into a bad ass, that and the new canon novels, the Rebels tv series and Rogue One. Is it me? Or are they trying to repair Vader's image as Palps one and only?

15. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    My hope (and it's not a deal-breaker if it doesn't come to pass) is that we see Palps essentially force Vader to carve out his own place in the Imperial hierarchy, rather than it just being a case of "Yeah, this guy is my enforcer, do what he says" from the get-go.

I was always really fond of the original visual dictionary's take:

"Once regarded as mad human wreckage, with the increasing favour of the Emperor Vader had risen in power and influence to become a much-feared military commander."

Though I suppose we already got a bit of that kind of dynamic in the original DV run, what with his being demoted and having to work his way back up.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I want to see Vader attending fancy court balls.

17. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Ah, yes. Still one of the greatest moments of the NU.

AplagueOnTheWise and Darth_Pevra like this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
  19. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I hope we get a story about Vader and Tarkin teaming up for the very first time, with Vader being initially antagonistic towards the moff who nearly sentenced his former Padawan to execution but ultimately growing to see the resourceful ally he can be

20. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    The same padawan he himself tried to murder years later. :p

Vialco and Darth_Pevra like this.
  21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Luceno's Dark Lord: the Rise of Darth Vader, was the closest thing Legends had to this (written before TCW came out). His newcanon novel Tarkin makes allusions to events from Dark Lord. Suggesting that, at least in broad strokes, some of them may have happened in both universes.

SilentGuy66 and spicer like this.
  22. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Talking of ships it'll be interesting to see if there are any nods to TIE fighters. The Adventures in wild space series, set around 6 months post ROTS has ties as far as out as lothal. LOTS still uses v-wings. Now that's not say that there wasn't this overlap, but I can sniff a continuity error coming up. Vader can continue to use his ETA ship as the tie advanced wasn't developed until Rebels era.

Ahsoka novel doesn't give any clues, it's all starships and vague terms only

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  23. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Catalyst clears the issue somewhat. In 18 BBY there are TIEs being implemented by the Empire, but clone wars era fighters are still in use as there aren't enough TIEs to fully replace them.

24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    damn, I missed that.

25. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    If it's anywhere near Dark Times or Darth Vader and the ______, It will be amazing!

SilentGuy66 and spicer like this.