main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #1-6: The Chosen One (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    It was confirmed in the Galactic Atlas and in a tweet by Pablo Hidalgo.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

themoth likes this.
  2. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yep. It's the deleted scene where Vader walks up behind her while she's meditating.

cwustudent likes this.
  3. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    "Your Shaak Ti's dead son. Accept it."
    [​IMG]

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    While I personally continue to maintain that Shaak Ti is immortal, in all honesty: if they're going to kill off Hobbie because of a deleted scene, she's definitely toast.

Revanfan1 and kalzeth like this.
  5. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Apparently, the inquisitorious has been in preparation for a long time at The Works! [face_hypnotized] But, I don't feel like we've had enough explanation for the Grand Inquisitor's initiation in the group.When did he join Sheev? Here's hoping that will be explored more in the coming issues. And where the hell was Jocasta during Order 66? Where is she now? Can't wait for next issue!

6. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    The greatest Jedi of all time, Yarael Poof is canonically dead. He died on a mission between TPM and AOTC.

7. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    This series while very well written with beautiful art, may not be for me. Too dark and I may not enjoy reading about Jedi getting hunted down. This series (including issue 6) has so much new information in it, that it might be hard for me to stop reading it. The first series of DV, although very dark as well, seemed to have more of a balance with Doctor Aphra and the murder droids providing some humor. This second series is just uncut darkness.

Very cool to meet the Inquisitorius. Love the last page with Jocasta Nu at peace with a hot beverage and her pets. Really not looking forward to DV and the Inquisitors hunting her down, even if the Emperor wants her alive. This is a must read comic, but I really am trying to convince myself not to read it due to the overwhelming darkness.

8. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    I think that's what I like about it as it gives a good balance to all the hope and small wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedha John, spicer and SilentGuy66 like this.
  9. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    As a pro-empire star wars fan, this series is definitely for me. Palpatine, Vader, Tarkin all heroes who knew that strength and might was best for the galaxy as compared to the naively optimistic idealists like Leia, Mothma and Bail who believed in diplomacy and the squabbling senate.

I also hail Hydra:p

10. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    SilentGuy66 Ha! Yes, this series is a pro-empire fan's dream come true. I know you are mostly joking in the post above, but I can't help but ask pro-empire fans.if they are comfortable with their boss force-choking them to death if they make a mistake at work.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  11. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    Incredible issue!

Ithorians and themoth like this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So if you had a, er, "accident", two more would take your place?

Lady_Misty likes this.
  13. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I loved this issue and I'm excited about the direction the series is taking. I love the artwork, and I'm very happy the artist is sticking around for the second arc. This is definitely one of my favourite Star Wars comics.

Ithorians, kalzeth and themoth like this.
  14. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    I loved everything about the issue besides the fact that all the inquisitors looked about 14 years too old. Almost like they forgot that how they appear in Rebels is 14 years after ROTS and this comic is like 1 week after ROTS...

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Dude, this comic is awesome. It's nice to get a balance and different perspective. I said it before, the comics under the new canon has really blossomed. This series is stronger than even the first Vader.

Jedha John- I get it, some people don't like the too dark stuff, but its not bad at all. These Vader stories are deep and quite frankly under new canon Vader has been restored as the bad arse he was meant to be. Anakin was the jedi with no fear, and Vader is the sith with no love. I love it.

16. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The streak continues. This is the best Star Wars comic going around.

17. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

[​IMG]

Yet go down she did.

Really? That's the primary reason I like this series over the previous Vader one. This one seems a lot more mature with serious themes. Guess it's a matter of personal preference. I always found Aphra's murderbots to be fairly lame.

kalzeth and themoth like this.
  18. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I absolutely loved this issue... it was completely worth the wait!
    The Grand Inquisitor seems like quite a corrupt individual from even before Order 66. Everything from the interaction between him and the Sith, the new Inquisitors and the Emperor giving a little information about them was handled perfectly to me.

The thing that left me curious was the fact that there were only two new Inquisitors... could there be a couple more already in missions, or perhaps we´ll stick with these 6?

19. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    So does this issue probably end any hope of us seeing Barriss Offee again anytime soon (officially find out what her fate was)? I feel like if they were going to have her in this series we would have seen her by now.

kalzeth likes this.
  20. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Really hope some are in missions or we get to see the finding and recruitment of more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ithorians and spicer like this.
  21. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Man, this issue was excellent. The series continues to improve and I'm very curious how the story of the Inquisitorius unfolds. Vader is tremendously powerful, as he should be, and his interactions with his master are fascinating.

Ithorians likes this.
  22. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
  23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    "Grand." [face_laugh]
    Come one, that is totally sassy Anakin you can't fool anyone Vader.

Slater, BigAl6ft6, KamNale and 7 others like this.
  24. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Maybe they'll reveal she is actually the Seventh Sister like everyone speculated when Rebels Season 2 started. It wouldn't surprise me.

25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Rebels Report‏ @RebelsReport
    Barriss Offee will be a completely different story if it ever comes up. The Seventh Sister is *not* Barriss #NYCC #StarWarsRebels
    10:53 AM - 8 Oct 2015