main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #1-6: The Chosen One (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    [​IMG]

Vialco likes this.
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Fixed. :p

Karl0413 likes this.
  3. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    If you're looking for fairness, organize a shockball tournament. Don't look for it in warfare.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  4. Godzilla2099

Godzilla2099 Jedi Knight

Dec 19, 2015
    Vader is one of my favorite characters of all time. His last series was phenomenal. I'm sorry, but this new book feels flat

- Didn't like the "Red Crystal" explanation: The one where the Sith had to synthetically engineer them because none were available was a far better explanation
    - Vader's Armor is a lightning rod for Force Lightning?: By far the lamest plot twist I read in a long time! Vader got seriously messed up in ROTJ because Luke chopped his hand off and Vader's Wiring was exposed. Anakin is a genius at tech. Upgrading his armor should be a walk in the park for him!
    - Anakin recently became Vader. Not to long ago, he treated clones with respect, now they're fodder? I don't mind seeing Vader go more dark, but this doesn't feel organic. One day Hero. Then a 180 now he's full villain.

Lord Sith Harloxzz likes this.
  5. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    You know, Anakin respected and admired the Jedi Order as well. They were his brothers and comrades in arms. He turned on them and slaughtered them all, down to the last youngling.

I really don't see why people think Vader killing a bunch of clones is so out of character after he cut down defenseless children, choked his pregnant wife and tried to kill his best friend. We already established in ROTS that an angry Vader loses all self control and lashes out at any targets in range. Him killing a bunch of clones to expiate some of the fury he feels at his horrible losses in ROTS makes perfect sense to me.

6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    DARTH VADER #7 & #8
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A)
    Covers by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    LEGACY’S END BEGINS!
    As Vader takes his place in command of the Emperor’s secret Inquisitorius Program, he sets his sights on one of the most dangerous Jedi remaining alive…and it’s not who you’d expect.
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T …$3.99 (EACH)
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2017 Lucasfilm Ltd.

I love those covers. I can see the Grand Inquisitor, 7th Sister and 5th brother but there is two I don't recognize. One might be 6th Brother maybe?

7. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    The one with the mask besides 7th Sister is 8th Brother. The buzz saw kinda gives it away.

Ithorians and Vialco like this.
  8. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    We're getting two issues in November! And the cover for issue #8 is beyond cool! I really, really, really hope they make all the inquisitors competent, because they were just plain awful in Rebels.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  9. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    This might be because of the format of the show.

10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    The planet in the first cover may be Mustafar. So excited to see Vader's castle and his butler if it was the same guy in RO or did he Force choke some of them? I mean we had the same Grand Inquisitor for 15 years so it's possible he spared them despite his anger in his early days.

11. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    "One of the most dangerous Jedi remaining alive…and it’s not who you’d expect."
    And we already know who that is. ;-)

12. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I assume that is intended to be the Seventh Sister and Fifth Brother? Would it fit for it to be them considering this is supposed to take place more than 15 years before they appear in Rebels? I don't know about the Fifth Brother but the Seventh Sister didn't seem to be all that old in Rebels.

13. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Amazing art for those covers. I´m surprised too to see 7th and 8th having a 15 years career in the Inquisitorius, I imagined both to be younger than the Grand Inquisitor and the Fifth Brother... this is a very intriguing revelation. I hope they don´t go with Filoni´s "maybe the 7th Sister we saw was the third there was" theory; Inquisitors as characters have enough mystery, this is a good time for them to start getting some development.

14. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I hope, at least, we find out what species the Fifth Brother is. That's what I've been waiting for for a while now.

15. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Coleman Kcaj. The most dangerous Jedi on the entire High Council. So powerful, he didn't have to say a single word to make his thoughts known.

16. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    You think it could be the same species than the 6th brother? it could be said that he matched the description...

Darth Marcia likes this.
  17. Darth Marcia

Darth Marcia Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2016
    Uhhh those covers are just amazing! Finally we are getting into the inquisitors, great news!

Ithorians likes this.
  18. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    They're not humans, different species age differently.

Ithorians likes this.
  19. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    It would be cool if they were. Personally, I think the Fifth Brother is the best new design for a Star Wars villain in a while (barely beating out the Grand Inquisitor and his Orlockian influence) so seeing more of that species is always going to be a plus for me.

Ithorians likes this.
  20. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I really like him too. He was somewhat wasted on Rebels, so it´s great to see him having a second chance in canon. Wasn´t he meant to be blind at one point of development?

21. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    According to his voice actor he was called the blind Inquisitor before they came up with the whole brother/sister thing.

22. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    What I'd like explained is why all of the Inquisitors are aliens when the Empire has an otherwise anti-alien bias.

23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    My guess is that racism is simply a tool to Palpatine. He uses aliens as scapegoat. However he can still use force-sensitive aliens as a tool as long as he keeps them somewhat apart from other imperials.

24. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    What's odd isn't that there's alien Inquisitors, but that there don't seem to be any human Inquisitors.

25. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    And the Inquisitorious program seems to sit "just outside" the Empire from what we have seen in Rebels. They serve the same guy, but they are free to do their own thing. You won't see Lyste ordering around the Inquisitors. The one who seems to work with them best, Tarkin, also doesn't seem to share the anti-alien bias, at least from reading Thrawn, he didn't.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force