main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #1-6: The Chosen One (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    Vialco I agree with you regarding Obi-Wan...I think Obi-Wan thought Vader couldn't be saved and would have to be killed. But, I don't think Yoda wanted Luke to kill Vader when he said you must "confront" Vader.

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I think Obi-Wan saw Anakin's failure as his own, and when he walked into the Jedi Temple and saw his friends and younglings dead, he couldn't see much of an explanation besides he must have failed Anakin, and so Anakin failed the order. He put his faith -- all of 2 decades -- in Luke in correcting that. So much so he didn't even consider Leia ("that boy was our last hope...")

I think Yoda had a broader perspective, having seen how life changes over 9 centuries. He could step back. He seemed to believe in redemption more than Obi-Wan... I think that was the message from the cave. Luke couldn't face Vader one-on-one.

Jedha John and Vthuil like this.
  3. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    I also think a message in the cave was that if Luke kills Vader, Luke is in essence killing himself. Luke is killing himself in the sense that he is killing his own father. And he is killing himself because there will be no one left (once Vader is dead) that can protect him from the Emperor.

Or if you look at the cave as a place that brings out one's worst fears, perhaps Luke's biggest fear is that he gives in to the dark side and becomes a monster like Vader.

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I thought the message was pretty simple. Luke believes Vader killed his father and hates him for it. He wants to kill Vader more than anything and he'll do it out of hatred. If Luke does kill Vader in anger he'll be tapping into the Dark Side and he'll eventually become Vader. Nothing in there about needing help to beat Vader. Luke wins the fight in the cave.

Jedi Ben, themoth and Jedha John like this.
  5. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Darth Vader #5 preview.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mustafar!:eek: And that last panel with Vader reminds me a lot of Ahsoka going deeper into the Sith temple on Malachor.

6. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Damn, Sheev's sadistic. I wonder if Vader will only bleed the crystal on Malachor and build the lightsaber elsewhere, or if he'll do both at the same place? Can't wait!

7. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    The more this series goes, the more into it I get. Now I can´t wait for this issue and the next ones. Apparently we are about to get the reason of the location of Vader´s Castle!!

SilentGuy66 and Darth Marcia like this.
  8. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    This is the best marvel series yet although I don't like the kyber crystal bleeding thing (I know it didn't start here)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I assume Vader will confront some kind of visions while in the caves at Mustafar. It's too simple for him to just walk in and make the crystal bleed. This is a test of some kind.

10. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    A variant of the ESB cave scene would be nice.

11. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Vader is confronted with his enemies (Obi-Wan most likely, but maybe Mace, other Jedi, or even Padme) who taunt him, he duels them, strikes them down in anger, and is rewarded with a red crystal.:vader::redsaber:
    I could definitely see some pretty good parallels there. Could be fun too see.

12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yeah, it seems that way.
    It makes sense for Palpatine and Vader to establish that location early on in his Sith career.

13. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I'm guessing at this point Vader won't feel like this though.

[​IMG]

Right now Vader's rage still burns hot. But after twenty years of such a hollow existence he'll begin to grow weary.

"What is good is power without reward? What good is power without joy?"

14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Really enjoyed the mysterious, magical tone of the preview.
    Vader on an epic quest to find himself, kind of like the Hero with a thousand faces. I always wondered if Sith had to take an inner journey to find themselves similarly to how the Jedi do. Turns out they do. They really are a dark mirror to the Jedi and maybe the storygroup will stick to the EU-origin of the Sith being former Jedi.

15. KikReask

KikReask Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2016
    I think that's what they'll stick with the original Sith being former Jedi. In Showdown on Smuggler's Moon one of the Jedi holocrons mentioned the 100 Year Darkness where the Jedi's 'brothers' turned against them, similar to how it went in Legends. :)

Darth_Pevra and kalzeth like this.
  16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Where did that come from?

17. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    The page is from Darth Vader #24 where Vader confronts and 'kills' both Obi-Wan and Anakin in a mindscape sequence, and the quote is from a conversation between Vader and Sidious in Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. Or maybe I'm misreading your post and you meant that as a rhetorical question, in which case: sorry! Foggy brain over here. :)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

No, I was genuinely wondering. I hadn't seen that page before.

19. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I wonder what other locations are used to bleed crystals. Who does the bleeding for the crystals used by the Inquisitors. With all the Inquisitors having the same lightsaber (though few minor differences on some) and with them not being Sith, I suspect they don't make their own blades nor bleed their own crystals and that its done for them. Probably done by Palpatine unless he has other ways for crystals to be corrupted beyond him or Vader doing it. I'm sure we will get some answers later one when the Inquisitors are introduced.

kalzeth likes this.
  20. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    "Eventually you will come to see that power is joy. The path to the dark side is not without terrible risk, but it is the only path worth following."

[​IMG]

"Look at us, Master. Are these the faces of victory?"

21. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016

Another idiotic reason this whole "bleeding" crystal nonsense is a giant headache in canon now. It took what was a simple and elegant concept and really complicated it needlessly.

kalzeth likes this.
  22. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Maybe the Inquisitors indeed bleed their own crystals, and it´s not such a complicated matter. Each bleed his/her own, and it´s a trial they have to pass to be inducted into the Inquisitorius...

MrDarth0 and Vialco like this.
  23. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    What exactly was "Simple and Elegant" about kind of evil synth crystals?

I mean, say what you want about Bleeding Crystals, but it serves a point. It shows that the Dark Side is inherently corrupting; it's unnatural and impure. Hence why there aren't natural dark side crystals, and why turning a crystal is an involved process, as you physically have to exert the Dark Side's will over it.

Ithorians, SilentGuy66 and cwustudent like this.
  24. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Jedi Version: Study constantly through adolescence into teenage years while adhering to strict unbending rules until you're loaded into a shuttle onto a frozen plant, listen to a lecture (and be subsequently told you will be trapped for a month if you fail) from a green gnome, go on a condescending spirit journey, grab a piece of ice, then finally spend a few days being taught by a overbearing centuries old training droid on how to build a Lightsaber. Only after you've done all that do you get a Lightsaber out of it.

Sith Version: Kill a Jedi. Take his/her crystal. Go to a place that makes you angry and bleed the mother dry. Done!

I know I'd take the quick and easy path any day!

MrDarth0 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    I wouldn't be suprised that after Vader bleeds his crystal, he finds another message from Sidious introducing him to the inquisitors.