main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #1-6: The Chosen One (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Mar 10, 2017.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    That would mean we would get a LOT of issues. But don't forget, we're also supposed to get a VR story with Vader set in this period. I wonder if this comic series will tie into that or not.

And speaking of the VR story, I don't think we've gotten any updates for almost a year now. I hope it's still happening...

La Calavera and SilentGuy66 like this.
  2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

Yeah there hasn't been any updates at all about it since last years celebration. At this point I would be very surprised if the project is still moving forward. VR is still in its infancy stages and I think it would be extremely difficult to bring people a satisfying story. Most VR games that I have seen are just real simple 'find your way out of a room' type stories.

3. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    You have a good point. If that's what happens, then this would be the second Vader project that gets scrapped. Anyone remembers the "Darth Vader TV special" from 2015? :p

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  4. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    It was an ambitious idea but probably something we are still about ten or fifteen years away from realistically being able to do.

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    re: Vader VR

I wouldn't be so sure it's impossible, as Resident Evil 7 has demonstrated what can be done in that respect.

6. OneTrueOverlord

OneTrueOverlord Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    I haven't bought any individual comics since I got sick of Secret Wars. That will change. I will even get physical copies of this. That's how hyped I am.

I mean early Empire period is always one that fascinates me, though its been years since I read Dark Lord, and I wanna see how the galaxy reacts to this new machined being.

The what?

BigAl6ft6 and Vialco like this.
  7. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Back in spring(?) 2015 there was a small announcement that a Darth Vader TV special was going to air during the summer. Obviously, it didn't happen and as far as I know no one ever said anything about what happened to it or what was the special about.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  8. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal aired during the summer, which I think was marketed as a TV movie and featured Darth Vader heavily. I wouldn't be surprised if some news site called it a Darth Vader TV special or something, but I'm pretty sure that's what they were referring to.

Vthuil and spicer like this.
  9. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Wasn't it a series of TV Specials? Also I'm pretty sure the report mentioned they were going to be live action

10. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

I don't pay much attention to news sites or spoiler sites but given the nature of how most of those sites work it wouldn't be surprising at all if they would do something like that. Not that they purposely outright make stuff up but taking fragments of information and blowing it out of proportion is how they get people to click that link.

11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Wow, this preview is beyond epic.

12. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    The pages in that preview are amazing, I'm so excited for this book. I've always wondered why more emphasis hasn't been placed on Vader's lightsaber - even the great Luceno failed to give it the attention it deserves in the otherwise epic Dark Lord! It seems like Soule will be giving it the reverence it deserves at last.

In any case, Soule won my eternal loyalty with Lando and Camuncoli's Amazing Spider-Man work has always been a treat for the eye. It will certainly make the new series visually distinct from the 2015 one.

13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Two variants
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  14. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Does the figurine come with the comic?

15. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

If only! Nah, it's just Marvel's way of paying homage to the vintage figures and packaging.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  16. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Well, I guess I can buy it off Amazon. Anakin is my favourite character.

SensationalSean likes this.
  17. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I wonder what Vader's saber will look like in this comic... more precisely, I hope it'll be the right one timeline-wise, the ROTS one.
    I assume not, though.

18. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    His lightsaber in Revenge of the Sith was taken by Obi-Wan, which would later be given to Luke. The first arc will be about him creating a new lightsaber.

19. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    Pretty nice to see Anakin as a vintage figure in a Marvel comic. I really miss comics about the Clone Wars :clone:

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  20. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Does Vader already have his new saber in his final scene in ROTS, aboard the Star Destroyer?

21. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    I dont think so. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the comic is supposed to take place after ROTS ending. It will show the med lab scene as well as the scene on the bridge and those two scenes are sort of the beginning of the comic. Going by this, he does not yet have his saber.

Vialco likes this.
  22. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Vader is shown exclusively from behind until he reaches Sidious' side, then he is shown in a single shot that is framed above his belt.

cwustudent and Vialco like this.
  23. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Is there a difference between Vader's ROTS and OT sabers?

24. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    Minor visual but its the same saber.

25. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Not what I meant. ;-)

No, it's not. The recent Visual Encyclopedia makes it clear that Vader has had several lightsabers. I'll try and post a pic.

EDIT: Here it is. Not a very good pic, but that should do the trick.
    [​IMG]

Note the phrasing:
    *ONE of Darth Vader's lightsaberS
    *Darth Vader's FIRST red lightsaber