main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #1-6: The Chosen One (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I've been pulling for Shaak Ti to be canon K'Kruhk (minus The Hat) for a while. Complete with showing up with no explanation as one of the members if Luke or Rey ever creates a new Jedi Council.

Also, no one cares about Coleman Kcaj.

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Aww, but I'd love to see someone try to draw K'Kruhk's hat on Shaak Ti's head. [face_laugh]

3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    If they do it right people could care. And the only reason anyone doesn't is because, as I said, he is seriously underdeveloped.

And really their option for previously established characters known to be alive during the events of episode III aren't exactly numerous. I've conceded they could probably reestablish a Legends character. (Though of course they would inevitably do some serious changes to them, that could, and probably would anger some of their older fans.)

But meh, its all speculation at this point anyways. I'm just as curious as anyone else who they will choose. For all we know they will be an all new character. And they probably will introduce some new survivors to be killed at some point.
    Time will tell. All I care about is its done well, with respect to established canon as is, and makes sense.

4. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I nknow what you where talking about. My point is that she was the closest he had to that cause she was someone who had some connections to him and could easily have been an ongoing threat and had similarities character wise. My point is that you are right that Vader never had an ongoing threat cause my best example got stabbed first encounter.

reveal Oppo is alive and have him be that threat.

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Now just I have a idea of Vader getting his own Bane, someone who "Breaks" The Darth.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  6. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000

I care.

Even if he's just a poor man's Pablo-Jill

7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    He does. The guy literally chopped him into four pieces and left him burning next to a lake of fire.

BigAl6ft6, KamNale, Vialco and 5 others like this.
  8. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Eh that was just a love tap dude.

Ben09 likes this.
  9. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Ahh, I see what you mean. Yeah, Dass, Jax and Ferus don't fit the nemesis description. I don't think we have to worry about Shaak Ti, as she died in the temple, and frankly I don't see why LFL would decide to retcon that.

vncredleader likes this.
  10. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Just wanted to ask this again. My question got buried pretty quick haha

11. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    How about re-canonising Rahm Kota as the militant rebel Jedi whose strikes are all attempts to draw Vader out, like he was at the very start of TFU. Just leave out the blinding part, for obvious reasons ;)

BobaMatt, Revanfan1 and spicer like this.
  12. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Kota would fit the "Jedi nemesis to Vader" role really well. In addition to that, I really like the idea that one Jedi would resort to non-clone troops, and it would also make sense that such a Jedi would (almost certainly) survive O66. The basics of Legends Kota would be kept, but not much else. With or without the blinding though, Kanan looks a LOT like Kota anyway, so that might be a tiny issue...although it's not like there aren't similarly looking people in RL too.

13. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    With Kota, there's even potential for a clone wars mini series story dealing with the animosity he and his militia would receive from clones and Jedi alike

Clone: We were born and bred to fight this war!
    Militia: You can't be born to fight. You can't be bred to win. Instinct can't be made in a lab. That's why you and the rest of jango's spawn kind will never win this war without us!

14. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Kota has been molded in the character of Kanan.

15. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    That's the biggest problem for brining Kota into canon. I like Kanan a lot, but I still wish LFL were a bit more creative when designing Kanan. Kanan's story and personality are reasonably distinct from Kota's (aside from a few details), but physically, Kanan looks EXACTLY the way I imagined a younger Kota. Heck, even without the goatee and pony tail, the facial features are on point with Kota's.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  16. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

So just redesign Kota's look.

17. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    You mean like Dass Jennir? Who Vader never caught? I always found it odd that Jennir never even came face to face with Vader. The writers always found a way to get him away before Vader showed up. Maybe because they couldn't fathom a situation where Jennir actually walked away from a fight with Vader.

18. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    In that case better come up with a brand new character and call him/her something else.

No way Jennir would've survived an encounter with Vader. He was beaten by Beyghor before, and if it wasn't for Bomo and Kai he probably would've died during that duel.

Vialco and Revanfan1 like this.
  19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

Fair enough. But at the same time, if you just keep the same look but give him short hair and a full beard, suddenly he doesn't look like a Kanan clone, but he's still Kota-esque (especially if you keep the armor). Think about Thrawn: when he was canonized he was given facial structure somewhat different from humans', which he didn't previously have, his eyes now have sclera/pupils/etc. which they didn't before, and his epaulettes are just gold plates. Minor changes, but changes nonetheless. So a few similar changes to Kota wouldn't be too bad.

20. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I'm thinking something like this:

[​IMG]

BobaMatt and Revanfan1 like this.
  21. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Personally, if it was entirely up to me (which it isn't one bit :p), I'd go with a brand new character instead. But, that's just my preference anyway.

22. MonkeyHouse143

MonkeyHouse143 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 4, 2015
    What is it subtitled?

23. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Beyghor Sahdett was such an interesting character. A Jedi Master who survives Order 66 and is later captured and brought before the Emperor along with four other Jedi.

[​IMG]

Sidious presents them all with a lightsaber and orders them to fight each other, with the winner being granted his freedom.

[​IMG]

Predictably the Jedi try to attack the Emperor and Sidious shows just them just how outclassed they are. Faced with such awesome power and an enemy he can't begin to compete with, Sahdett strikes down his fellow Jedi and pledges loyalty to the Dark Side of the Force, a power so strong that even a Jedi Master is in awe of it.

[​IMG]

spicer likes this.
  24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    (Updating thread title (series may officially be just "Darth Vader" (vol 2) but the subtitle distinction will make thread searches easier, etc.)

I think the preview is either meant to be an extension of the scene set after what we see in the film (ie: film and comic depict the shackles being broken, the droid being crushed, then film scenes occur up through "NOOOOOOO!!!!", then comic kicks in as he falls to a knee, shoves Sidious, etc) or a fantasy sequence. There's nothing to indicate it is meant to be an adaptation.

Impossible. That would make all of her deaths canon.

[​IMG]

25. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Beyghor's turn to the dark side was perfect, definitelly one of the best good-guy turns bad backstories in all of Star Wars, period.

Vialco and SilentGuy66 like this.