main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #13-18: Burning Seas (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Mar 9, 2018.

1. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    I seriously doubt they are surviving Padawans. At best they are Force sensitives that Barr has found and recruited. Note that they have blasters, not lightsabers.

2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    They could be from the AgriCorps?

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Prosset Dibs and Tenth Brother are the same person.

[​IMG]

4. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    OMG that actually makes a lot of sense.

Yunzabit likes this.
  5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I thought it was a fun comic, entertaining. Most of these SW comics kinda go TFU while they tone them down for the toons and films to where powers and abilities are inconsistent.

If the Jedi knew about Plagueis then it was something known only to Council members or just a select few even among them. Or maybe Anakin went back an asked the Jedi about him and they recorded the name. Its possible that Plagueis may of been very long lived and its not clear how many Sith Lords there was since Bane's Rule of Two went into effect during that 1,000 year period. The way Palpatine talks in ROTS he makes it out like he some student of history and religious man that wanted to learn the various aspects of the Force( Light and the Dark) and heard the story(or an old Sith legend as he put it) of Darth Plagueis the wise.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Darth Vader #18 solicit.
    [​IMG]
    DARTH VADER #18
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A)
    Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI & ELIA BONETTI
    GALACTIC ICON VARIANT COVER BY ROD REIS
    • It is time for GRAND MOFF TARKIN to repay a long-standing debt to DARTH VADER…
    • …and settling what is owed will require every last bit of his cunning, and will cost more than he ever imagined.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd.

7. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Uh oh, they called him GRAND MOFF TARKIN. So we’re back to this debate again - have we flashed forward to 14 BBY or did whoever wrote this solicitation just forget to call him GOVERNOR TARKIN?

SilentGuy66 and revan772 like this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's such a superficial detail that it doesn't bother me in the slightest when it's incorrectly portrayed, especially in a solicit.

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Vader really smacked the bejesus outta the royal Mon Calamari, didn't he?

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This is literally my favorite cover ever.

Tarkin brings Vader to his old summer camp planet for a jolly romp of the Most Dangerous Game.

11. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Oh, I agree. I should have added an eye roll emoji at the prospect of that kind of nitpicking.

12. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I'm kinda sad the big reveal Jedi is a brand new character. Very anti-climactic

13. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It might be an overreaction on my part, but I think it detracts my enjoyment of the preview. It just seems unnecessary. There was nothing the suit says that can't be interpreted from the artwork. I'm less absorbed into it all because of it.
    I'm very interested in how Vader used the force here. It's more than a shield. He creates a bubble that manipulates the atmospheric pressure around him. Space Leia + Ezra/Thrawn in hyperspace come to mind.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  15. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I like the idea of Vader's suit being a bit like Jarvis myself. I think the technology in Vader's suit is meant to be high tech and top of the line in canon while in Legends it could have been better but Palpatine intentionally had it be more limiting for Vader or something like that. (Not sure exactly where it was said but I think it was Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader)

SilentGuy66, Darth_Pevra and Vialco like this.
  16. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    That cover is truly beyond. The cover art for this series has been SO consistently good. I can't pick a favorite. #18, with the Big Tuff Huff sneaking through funky purple foliage during a lightning storm? #2, with Vader posing like he's shredding guitar? #14, where I can hear the JAWS theme playing? #15, with the gorgeous colors? I think I'm going to buy a print copy of #15 in addition to my usual digital just to admire it. [face_hypnotized]

17. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I can only think of one word: badass!

Why would the suit not have any advanced monitoring functions? We know Vader tinkers with it and it's only sensible to add something like that.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    It's a different world out there now for Star Wars.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  19. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    True dat

20. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    I actually thought the suit could be all-terrain considering he got burnt at Mustafar, if it's lava-resistant, it should do the same for water. Now I'm wondering if you could fly a TIE fighter underwater. I was always thinking of a battle between the Falcon and TIE fighters underwater at Ahch-To, that would've been reminiscent of the journey from the Phantom Menace in the oceans of Naboo.

21. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I spy with my little eye another continuity error. It's making me wonder if Soule is even reading the other sources.

22. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    It's not his job to make sure his work aligns with everything else in canon. He's trying to tell a good story. It's the Story Group's job to catch these things, not Charles'.

23. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    And to do so in the stories themselves, not Marvel's solits.

Senpezeco and tatooinesandworm like this.
  24. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I still say that those who are working on Star Wars should be aware of the other content, that way we can have as few errors as possible right out of the gate so that the Story Group don't have to retroactively fix comics after they've already gone to print.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  25. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    I am pretty sure Charles is reading Poe Dameron...

And he is a full time writer, he isn’t just working on Star Wars.

The Story Group and Marvel editors should be reading his story outlines and giving him guidance. It is their job to make sure there aren’t errors.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

MandaloreRex2015 and spicer like this.