main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #13-18: Burning Seas (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Huh. From that image, I thought it was just an open wound to her rib cage or abdomen, since it looks to me like her belt and lower torso continue below the damage, and that the white panels around the 2-1B's wrist are either uncolored or brightly highlighted sections of her skirt/tassets(? I don't know my pieces of armor). I could be totally wrong about all of that, though. If she does indeed have cybernetic lower limbs, they must be covered in synthskin, because her exposed feet and toe-claws are consistently colored the same as her hands and finger-claws.

Vialco and spicer like this.
  2. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    I think she is cut off at the waist because the coloring past her waist kinda looks like the wall. Plus in Rule of Five she doesn't have her exposed feet and like Senpezeco above, it could be synthskin.

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like a slash, certainly not cut in half. Whoever edited that wook page is in error.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Amazon says it is.

5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Anyone think a future issue might involve Vader being tasked with hunting down a certain up and coming crimelord that cameo'd in Solo recently ;)

6. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Timelines are off. The comic is still in the opening years of the Empire's reign while that Solo movie took place around 10BBY. I think they will only have Vader hunt down force users that he can succeed at defeating. We know he can't kill Maul.

7. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    In spoiler tag in case this is deemed a spoiler for Solo: A Star Wars Story.
    When Vader arrives on Malachor in Twilight of the Apprentice, you can tell by Maul's facial expression that he's pretty scared of him, which would imply that they have met before, or at least that Maul has seen Vader in action and knows he's no match for him. But I'm not sure if that potential story is going to be explored in a comic.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Revanfan1, Vialco and Ithorians like this.
  8. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Right. We could get there, eventually... still, I imagine that a scenario where an Inquisitor discover and hunts down Maul and gets killed in the process, provoking Vader and the rest of the Inquisitorius to relatiate and destroy Crimson Dawn, with Maul barely escaping, is an acceptable outcome for both characters.

I would still prefer to see all of this in an anthology movie, but I don´t think that´s as likely to happen as I would like to [face_laugh]

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Revanfan1 and Darth_Accipiter like this.
  9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    If they ever do this, I hope they save it for a movie.

revan772 likes this.
  10. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I wouldn't mind if it was only done as a comic because I find it so disappointing how few significant events have happened in the books and comics. Now that there are at least 2 TV shows in development, and a movie every year, I fear it may only get worse.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    speaking of Inquistors and cameos and comics and weapons

Maul still has the Darksaber at the end of Son of Dathomir. He has it in his hovel in Rebels. In between he apparently ditches it and uses a double bladed red blade which is a broken Inquistor blade. So it seems one of our Inquistors is destined to die at Maul's hands so he can get a new lightsaber. I would call Ninth Sister but I think it's probable we may have a few Inquistors filter in and out over the course of 20 years. But Maul has to end one of 'em in 10 cuz he was using it to intimidate Qi'Ra in Solo

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Doesn't stop him having a damn good try or pulling down Maul's organisation in the process.

Vialco likes this.
  13. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    Yes, but what they're saying is that this comic takes place around 18 BBY, while Maul is still running Crimson Dawn in 10 BBY, so for another 8 years at the very least. Which means that, should Vader take down Crimson Dawn, it won't happen in this comic unless they do a major timeskip.

14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Nah, crime organisations in SW are like Hydra, tear one down, two takes its place!

I get the chronology point just fine, but there's enough latitude to do the story if they want to.

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Maybe Vader has to do some other important thing which prevents him from killing Maul. I can definitely imagining them clashing. It wouldn't end very well for Maul though.

Jedi Ben and Ithorians like this.
  16. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I have to admit, despite my earlier criticism of this comic series, it has definitely grown on me and each issue is revealing to be more and more exciting than previous one.

17. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Oh, man, I´m really missing this comic. Next issue is coming soon, right? [face_nail_biting]

Jarrus and revan772 like this.
  18. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Next week.

revan772 likes this.
  19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I've said this quite a bit. The new canon has really left the novels and comic books on the low end of the spectrum. Everything is now the movies, tv series, and animated series.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The Vader comic I feel has had some pretty big deal events in both volumes and the mainline Star Wars comic basically has the entire classic Star Wars post ANH era almost entirely to itself.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Darth_Accipiter likes this.
  21. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Where's the preview? We usually have one by now.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

KamNale likes this.
  22. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    Actually screenrant.com just put up the preview.

Ithorians likes this.
  23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    And what a preview it is. Wild.
    You've really gotta compare this to the first issue. The art has changed so much. And for the better, too.
    [​IMG]
    This is very comic-y and lacking in details. Current issue less so.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    and quite the preview it is. Felt like more than half the issue, plus definite spoilers. I'm impressed by the brutality of the artwork. That last panel is macabre.

Revanfan1, Jedi Ben, KamNale and 3 others like this.
  25. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    That's the tradeoff, though. Although nothing big happens in Lit these days, what DOES happen may be picked up on by, and probably won't be blatantly retconned by, the films and TV stuff.

The reason I stopped following the old EU (other than not liking a lot of it) was that it became a contradiction in intent. On the one hand, all of the OT characters (one obvious token exception aside) had total plot armor in case future films decided to pick up the EU timeline... on the other hand the longer it went on and the more convoluted that timeline became, the more absurd it became to even entertain the idea that Episode 7 could ever incorporate it. At which point the plot armor became an obstacle to investing in those version of those characters.

So now we have lower stakes, but not really -- books and comics seem to show less important events, but they're really not less important than "events that seem big but as you read them you're aware that this isn't even *really* what's happening to these characters in any way that will be respected by the main continuity going forward".

Of course as soon as a film or show does a truly noteworthy retcon or reversal on a book/comic story point, I'll eat every one of those words.

More on topic regarding the preview... DAYUM!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.