main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #13-18: Burning Seas (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Mar 9, 2018.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Good job on being half right on #1 and completely right on #2. :)

Vialco likes this.
  2. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Really enjoyed the opening pages, the shots of the orbital bombardment, and the scenes with Raddus.

Quoting myself from the Jedi: Fallen Order thread -- potential (but very mild) spoilers for future issues of this series:

3. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Well my theory about Ninth Sister is confirmed.

She is not cybernetic from the waist down. We see that her legs are flesh and blood when Sixth Brother severs her left leg at the knee. [spoiler\]

tatooinesandworm and spicer like this.
  4. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I bet 9th Sister survived. Did the Jedi survive? And how did King Lee Charr get injured? I loved this issue but I have more questions.

5. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Only if you speak or write his name three times. ;)

spicer likes this.
  6. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I loved this arc so much. There were a few missteps, but overall it was very solid. Having Tarkin involved and showing the Mon Cala surrender after an orbital attack is very much a nod to the old EU. When paired with the Mutiny at Mon Cala in the SW ongoing, this entire arc is a tribute to the dedication and resilience of the Mon Calamari. :D

--Adm. Nick

7. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Matt Martin confirmed that 9th Sister still lives.

8. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Where?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

9. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    On Twitter.

10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  11. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014

12. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I have Ghosts of Dathomir and Jerserra doesn't seem to be Verla. For one thing, her species is Dathomirian, implying zabrak and human blood while Verla is human.

Though one can speculate that her race is changed in canon and she met Quinlan Vos who was familiar with Nightsister magic, so he could have trained her in that before the inquisitors arrived on Dathomir.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    kalzeth and spicer like this.
  13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    It wasnt a very good issue, felt like too much was going on at once and it condensed up for a quickie that left one wanting more.

panki and kalzeth like this.
  14. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    So is tenth brother
    Dead or wounded?

15. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    10B is almost certainly dead. In the last panel they appear in, their body is being riddled by blaster fire and the surviving Inquisitors carry on under the assumption that they're dead - to the point where they specifically mention it. And, at least from a storytelling perspective, 10B served their purpose. Because we know how Dibs came to fall, we can at least extrapolate from there that all the other Inquisitors came into their positions through similar events without it having to be depicted.

Moreover, at least as an Inquisitor, there's nothing that 10B can contribute to the story (beyond us having more familiarity with him) that his fellows can't also boast of. He'll just be a random minor Inquisitor being condescended to by Vader, as seems to be a central theme of this series, and there's nothing about his previous depictions that'll make us revolt against this fact. By comparison, take Ninth Sister. She's been portrayed prominently throughout this series, has had some (admittedly small) character development, and is specifically mentioned by Matt Martin as surviving the events of this arc despite being betrayed. If they wanted 10B to survive as an ongoing character, they could have just slotted him into her role. I find the fact that they didn't and only introduced him into this arc for the reveal, after which he's killed, to be rather telling.

16. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I hope we start to see more of the Fifth Brother and Seventh Sister, since I'm already a fan of those characters I'm more interested in them. However, I will give Soule credit for getting me interested in his new inquisitors as well, but I still prefer the ones from Rebels.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Ventrix, Ithorians and KamNale like this.
  17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The 10th Brother is shown taking one hit, just below the right chest/shoulder armor. His body is seen from afar in the next panel, but the both 10th Brother and 9th Sister are missing when they go back to the area towards the end panels, all you see is some dead clones.

Vader's training was brutal, so my guess at least the 9th Sister made it out. But not sure a single shot will kill an Inquisitor, unless they meant for him to get multi-shot but didnt show it good.

Ithorians likes this.
  18. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Absolutely! Would love to get more info on them, especially Fifth... and Eighth too! he is probably the canon Inquisitor with less exposure/development at this point...

19. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    That's true, I'd love to see more of the Eighth Brother as well, I forgot about him while writing my post. I suppose that just proves your point!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Ithorians and kalzeth like this.
  20. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    9th Sister has already been confirmed being alive.

21. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Well now that we can post spoilers for this issue, let me say this. The most moving moment in this issue for me was when the clones turn on their Inquisitor commanders in a near-exact repeat of Order 66.

Maybe it's because it stirred up that old sadness I feel whenever I watch the real Order 66 happen.

The Inquisitors are, of course, evil. But there's something captivating about the fact that they can't escape the fate of their former brethren. Betraying all they stood for and abandoning their Order couldn't save them.

I've also grown rather fond of Ninth Sister as I've previously said and seeing her fall like that was a bit shocking. That moment of blatant treachery shows us just how cutthroat the Inquisitorious is and how there's really no loyalty among traitors.

It's a testament to Ninth Sister's skill that even losing a leg didn't stop her. She left those clones maimed and beaten before she made her escape. Sixth Brother had better watch his back.

Darth_Pevra and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  22. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    I like this series a lot but few like I missed something. How did the order work here? I would think it would take more than some random guy saying execute order 66. Then why would they attack the inquisitors since they are no longer jedi and why didn’t they attack ferrin?

Still want to see more inquisitors and I would like to see them take down some jedi 1:1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ithorians likes this.
  23. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    He mind-tricked them to execute the order, it wasn't just a simple utterance of the command.
    They took advantage of the chaos to escape quickly, and the clones started with the Inquisitors because they were first in the line of fire. If Barr waited a bit longer, I've no doubt some of the shots would've been directed at him.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  24. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Actually, I think Barr dropped his lightsaber precisely so the clones wouldn't fire on him. This issue gave additional insight into Order 66. The clones are given a very basic description of a Jedi. A person who carries a lightsaber.

Barr isn't holding his saber when he compels the clones to execute Order 66. What I find interesting is that he's able to trigger the biochips with the Force. This suggests that had Dooku ever been successful in killing Sidious with one of his numerous apprentices, he would have been able to trigger the order himself.

spicer likes this.
  25. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    I think one of my favorite things about this series is how different each Jedi and Inquisitor are. I'm glad they're not grouped into some stereotypical good guy or bad guy and that each has their own personality and motive.