main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #7-12: The Dying Light/ Legacy's End (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Wow. This is the first time I read a chapter from this series and
    [​IMG]
    I get that Vader isn't perfect, but how many mulligans does this guy get? Luke could not have come soon enough for the Emperor I guess.

kalzeth likes this.
  2. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Wow. This series is quite amazing. The action pace is awesome.

Way better than the first Vader series.

My only complaint might be the possible continuity flub.

We'll have to wait and see if all that info was truly erased.

spicer, kalzeth, Vialco and 1 other person like this.
  3. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Yeah, I'm not Jocasta's biggest fan (although I like her as a character, as she shows the flaws that had begun infecting the Jedi Order and this series has been doing great expanding on her), but I really do not want that to be her fate. No one deserves that.

4. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    This series is really good but I'm still liking the original Vader series better. This series has been really strong on the lore aspect but its lacking original characters like Aphra and the murder droids to put a lot of charm into the story.

In regards to the continuity possibly not lining up with what was said in Rebels. Well we need to remember that even if it doesn't line completely up they will still have about fifteen in universe years to line it back up with what was said in the show.

5. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Re: the archives are quite complete line in Rebels - it's been a while since I've watched season 1, but could th GI be referring to the records as in lists, statistics and such, and not the knoweldge/lore (as presumably, the latter is what is deleted in the latest issue)?

6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Who said the archives are quite complete in Rebels? The Inquisitor? I think Yoda would say, "lies, deceit, mistrust are his ways."

7. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    "The Archives are quite complete." is the Inquisitors justification for his recognition that Kanan's study of form III means he studied under Depa Billaba.
    Considering the circumstances, I don't think we have no reason to doubt his word here.

8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I wonder if the lightsaber-powered gun is a weapon captured/reverse engineered from the ancient Sith? It's basically a mini Death Star laser, when you think about it. Weapons with kyber crystals at the center were sith engineering. It's the same concept with the lightsaber gun, except the kyber is still inside the lightsaber.

9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    A better look at the list of Jedi survivors from DV #7 especially for the last two names.
    [​IMG]

kalzeth and spicer like this.
  10. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    For those of us that don't read Aurebesh, what does that say?

11. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Kayce Beradun
    Yoda
    Quinlan Vos
    Kirak Infil'a
    Jocasta Nu
    Ahsoka Tano
    Kule Xandar
    Naia Taver

MrDarth0, Revanfan1, kalzeth and 4 others like this.
  12. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    [​IMG]

So three new names eh. We shall watch their career with great interest.

13. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Pfeh. I'm waiting for Mace Windu to show up. Crazy old one armed dude in the deepest depths of Coruscant. And Vader must hunt him.

It's going to happen.

14. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016

I hate idea of Mace surviving ROTS but a brainwashed one armed, Windu with half his body burned from lighting going toe to toe with Anakin for his final duel would be worth it. All that tension between them for three movies and never got to see a payoff. Long as Anakin finally get's the chance to show him why he was wrong all along.

SilentGuy66, Zer0 and kalzeth like this.
  15. Very good issue I hope the following marvel comics are just as interesting as this series

16. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
  17. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Gravitational Kyber Beam Emitter?

Vialco likes this.
  18. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
  19. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I agree with the above post by LelalMekha. These names may be Easter eggs to us the readers, sure, but in universe they represent "real" (again, "real" to that universe) Order 66 survivors that if left unaddressed would leave an open question as to what happened to them eventually.

J_K_DART, Revanfan1 and kalzeth like this.
  20. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

I disagree.The reason Jocasta could wipe those files was Vader's arrogance. If he would have lowered his blade to show trust as GI asked him to do, the stand off could have been over quickly. But because Vader just had to show off his authority and power, Jocasta could get away. Its your usual dark sider arrogance that always ends up being the reason behind their downfall.

21. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    To be fair, he then goes on to clarify that "Basically, I'm just saying if there's a name you don't recognise it's because it's made up. Don't go off and make a crazy @WookOfficial entry or conspiracy video about how Kule Xandar is a certain mysterious character from the sequel trilogy." Which is a pretty valid thing to say given how fans tend to over-scrutinise every tiny, obscure detail in the lead-up to a movie looking for hints about who/what might appear. It's not that these figures on the list don't exist - after all, they're quite literally depicted on an in-universe list of living people - or that authors are banned from ever using them if they want. It's just that, at present, the names themselves are Easter eggs and not hints about the ST/future stories.

J_K_DART and Vialco like this.
  22. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    But surely there's nothing crazy about making a Wookieepedia entry for any of those names, is there? They are characters in-universe. It would be like saying Master Tra's M'ins isn't a "real" character because he was only namedropped in passing in a computer file...

Purpilia likes this.
  23. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    He's not saying it's crazy to treat them as actual in-universe names. He's saying not to read anything further into them, considering they're names on what is otherwise a Very Important List Of Very Important Jedi. People might start getting ideas about new names appearing in the same breath as Ahsoka and Quin.

J_K_DART likes this.
  24. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Can I just say how much I want to see Quinlan Vos appear in this series?

Unlike guilt-ridden Kirak and feeble Jocasta, Quinlan knows the power of the Dark Side firsthand. He was a Sith Apprentice for a time. And most of all, he's already defeated a Sith Lord in single combat. That's a fight Vader would be very hard-pressed to win. It might even be an emotional one as Anakin was friends with Quin.

Revanfan1 and kalzeth like this.
  25. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Yes, but for some reason, my WP colleagues decided to delete the articles about these guys... Another overly literal interpretation of a tweet.

AV-6R7, Ewan Tibbetts and Purpilia like this.