main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #7-12: The Dying Light/ Legacy's End (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I reckon through the same hidden doorway she uses to get back into the Archives in the issue. She'd know it's there, after all.

kalzeth likes this.
  2. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I think I'm going to have to wait until the end of the week to pick up the issue due to work, but I can't wait to check it out.

3. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    What is the opposite of the Dark Side if not Light?

Darth_Voider likes this.
  4. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    The OT also didn't use "Sith" or "Ewok" (and plenty of other terms besides) even though the concepts themselves existed. I feel like "light side" is as good a name as any to contrast with "dark side". And the term has a long enough history in the EU besides.

Darth_Voider and Vialco like this.
  5. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016

In the extended Death Star conference room scene, Tagge refers to Vader as a Sith Lord. I wonder if it was cut because GL didn't want to get into that, or for some more mundane reason like pacing.

Is it possible that the fake grave didn't actually fool anyone?

6. KikReask

KikReask Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2016
    Good issue all fine and good, but there are more important priorities now:

Holy crap he's still alive! Granted he doubtfully doesn't have a wife or kid in his canon exile, but who cares? Quinlan Vos lives, for now! :D It seems doubtful that Marvel will hire someone outside of their own circle for their Star Wars comics, but I would kill for Ostrander and Duursema to take over from Soule for a bit when the hunt for Quinlan Vos begins. Although considering how, slow the progress of Hexer Dusk has been due to personal reasons in Duursema's life, it doesn't seem too likely yet, plus we're still waiting for Hexer Dusk to be finished and Ostrander is nearly retired at this point.

And I know The Clone Wars and Dark Disciple changed Vos's character and personality a lot, but I believe Ostrander can work around that and still remain true to the original Quinlan Vos if he penned a new story. Seriously Marvel and LucasFilm needs to bring Ostrander and Duursema if they're up for a few more Star Wars comics. :)

7. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Hexter Dusk is taking too long indeed, but surely at least a 5 issue mini by Ostrander & Duursema isn't outside the realm of possibilities? Also, you say that Marvel won't hire someone outside their own circle; why do you think so? Asking because that makes little to no sense to me.

kalzeth likes this.
  8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    What part of "holistic approach" was unclear?

"You sense only a part of the Force, Darth", Kenobi murmured with the assurance of one to whom death is merely another sensation, like sleeping, or making love or touching a candle. "As always, you perceive its reality as little as a utensil perceives the taste of food." - Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Alan Dean Foster (as "George Lucas")

The above, coupled with the eschewing of "light side" in every film, paints a far more interesting picture to me. Your mileage, obviously, varies.

The Sith/Ewoks, their belief systems and way of life weren't a primary focus of any film in particular, let alone several.

As I noted, yeah. Which is another reason why it would have been nice to see the NU distinguish itself in this regard.

Ewan Tibbetts likes this.
  9. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I'm struggling to see how John and Jan can be considered outside Marvel's circle, unless you mean outside Marvel's "current" circle. They both have done a good deal of work for Marvel in the past.

kalzeth, Daneira and spicer like this.
  10. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    What sidv88 said. To that I might add that Jan did the art on Star Wars #92 from the original Marvel run.

kalzeth likes this.
  11. KikReask

KikReask Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2016
    In terms of writers from my point of view it seems to be easier for them to manage the continuity when they're all working reguarly for Marvel and are in close contact with one another, plus it's probably cheaper too for Marvel. That's just what it feels like for me at the moment, although it might just be the Dark Horse fanboy in me still holding a grudge against Marvel for no good reason. XD

12. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    If that was the case then only three to four writers would be working on SW comics at the moment. For example, Matt Owens, the writer for the Mace Windu mini hasn't worked on SW before. Clearly Marvel doesn't mind hiring writers and artists that haven't worked on SW before. Also, the artist for the Leia mini has worked on some DH SW comics in the past. Therefore, Marvel has also hired artists from the DH days to work on their new comics. If they hire Jan and Jon they wouldn't be doing anything new or unusual in terms of hiring old and/or new authors & artists.

Daneira and KikReask like this.
  13. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Re: other Order 66 survivors, Star Wars Uprising had Khandra, Mususiel, and Nuhj. They were all killed by an unidentified Inquisitor.

panki, spicer and Daneira like this.
  14. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Great issue. My only complaint is I would have liked to see more of the inquisitors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Someone had to do it.

Vos is....
    [​IMG]
    Alive !?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Really enjoyed this issue, this is shaping up to be one of my favourite series' so far.
    Like many others around here, I'm super excited Vos is acknowledged as being alive, really hoping we see him in a comic soon. I was also surprised to see Commander Fox from The Clone Wars in this issue, interesting to see he is still alive.

SilentGuy66 and kalzeth like this.
  17. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Very very good issue. Will be interesting to see if Jocasta managed to bring any younglings along with her when she escaped the temple massacre. She did mention about starting a school so I imagine she either already has some younglings hidden somewhere or she hopes to find some new young force users.

18. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Even after everything that has happened, Jocasta Nu is still insufferably arrogant. Normally I would not root for the Sith and Inquisitors, but I'll make an exception for her.

Grievousdude, revan772 and Vialco like this.
  19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I thought she was noble. Not arrogant. Heady perhaps, but not arrogant. I think everyone has underestimated her. None of throse who mock her skill with the lightsaber claim to have seen her wield it. I think we may be in for a surprise.

Barriss_Coffee and theraphos like this.
  20. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I hope we are. This comic made me like her a lot and I'm already dreading her death. She's being heroic, rather than arrogant. It's just that she's taking a huge risk, but it's to preserve the Order and so her goals are good. Jocasta has even taken precautions in case she fails. She has definitely acted realistically. However, that doesn't mean she isn't going to fix the situation she finds herself in. While ultimately, it isn't the right time, she can't be faulted for failing. I'm hoping she puts up a good fight and manages to hide her archives for Luke or Rey to eventually find.

kalzeth, Senpezeco and theraphos like this.
  21. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Luke will come across Jocasta's collection, believe me:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This actually seems to imply it was Shaak Ti speaking, but I guess you can explain it away that she was one of the others. Idk.

22. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Umm, could this be Jocasta's starfighter?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Had the same thought, spicer !

spicer likes this.
  24. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    It's funny, I'm a big Jedi fan. But for this entire series I'm rooting my favourite character, Anakin. Because I can still see traces of the man Anakin was in Vader's words and actions. And the best part? He never really dies. A part of Anakin always remains in Vader even at his worst.

25. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Very interesting. Yeah I imagine that is intended to be her ship.

CooperTFN and kalzeth like this.