main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Vader in Episode VII, VIII, IX

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by JediHanuman, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediHanuman

JediHanuman Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes, yes. I know. He's dead.
    But Darth Vader is arguably the most popular and most marketable Star Wars character.
    I can't imagine Disney doing an Episode VII without Darth Vader in it.
    Perhaps Luke will get seriously injured and have to don an the Darth Vader armor to keep himself alive and do good, or maybe they clone Vader, or..... but I think it is unthinkable from a business standpoint to do a new Star Wars movie without Darth Vader.
    Again, this isn't Lucas telling his story, but Disney hoping to generate as much $$$ as possible.
    I'm sure standalone Vader movies occurring between III-IV are not a pipe dream anymore, but I can't imagine Disney not finding a way to get Darth Vader back into the story of upcoming episodes..
    I do think they are going to completely disregard the EU.
    Anyone disagree?

2. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004
    But they already made 2 movies without Darth Vader. He's definitely the most iconic character, but I think it is more certain that we will not see an ST without Star Destroyers.

3. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    Sorry, but that's a terrible idea. the last thing the Star Wars universe needs is even more "he wasn't dead after all!" or "he's alive again thanks to a secret thingamajigger that nobody knew about!"
    I hope the writers has the imagination and balls to make an entirely NEW and original villain. Not just a rehashed old one, no matter how great he was.
    Lucas almost succeeded with Darth Maul, but killed him off instantly, not the EU is trying desperately to "magic" him back.
    Give us something new and fresh, please. A believable villain that hasn't just stumbled across some magic device that lets him be a threat.

I would welcome a Vader movie from between III and IV, but nothing after he died.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  4. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Anakin Skywalker died on the Second Death Star during the Battle of Endor in Return of the Jedi. If the Sequel Trilogy will be set after Episode VI, Anakin could only appear as a force ghost, in visions from the past or something like this.

5. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    You may not be able to imagine Star Wars without Darth Vader. But I can. :)
    Defining Star Wars by Lucas' pet project (which he has admitted to be a small part of the whole thing) is narrow-minded. There are so many other worthy storylines that don't mention Vader at all.

6. ObiWanandonly

ObiWanandonly Jedi Padawan

Sep 23, 2012
    I think the big deal with this new trilogy will be that it brings in fresh characters and storylines, not brings up stuff from the past. Maybe an Anakin force ghost, but nothing beyond that. I think if they involve past characters, it should be brief, and mainly just for continuity purposes.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  7. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    Darth Vader in Episode VII?[face_dunno]

8. ElevationNation

ElevationNation Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2011
    I don't want Vader is any new SW movies unless they are set between the PT and the OT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.