main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader (Marvel) #2: Vader, part 2 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Feb 6, 2015.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Vader did some Sith Scheming in this issue, which is neat because you'd figure he'd just kill his new "assistant" outright but he actually put some work into it! And he blew up the damn droid at the end! Which is awesome because for a moment there I thought "Hey, look, Vader built himself an evil Artoo like his old Anakin years" and, nope, out the airlock and explodey it went. (I get the feeling Vader will go through a lot of these in this series)

Also "please comply" and "you have graphs" were my favourite part. In my head, I was hearing the Vader from ANH inflection as opposed to the Vader from ESB inflection (which does sound a bit different if you watch the two flicks back to back) but I get the feeling the story will progress so Vader doesn't have to scheme to kill officers so by ESB he can just out and out murder them.

I will say this issue for me did not have a jaw-dropping "holy kolker!" moment like the 2 page Tusken splash spread carnage that ended issue #1 but the final page here got reallllly close.

I liked the characterization of Tagge, and I especially dug when he called Vader a lightsaber (with the panel angle on his lightsaber too) Tagge I think has about 12 issues in him until Vader kills him outright, but it's fun to see Vader play right back at Tagge. Don't mess with a Sith, Tagge! Ain't gonna win that one!

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Starfleet commanders weren't called "Admirals" before ESB was released, hence Tagge and Motti were credited as Generals.

3. Lord Crevil

Lord Crevil Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2015
    i loved both issues, just wondering who's the chick.. :D

Vader's dialogue is amazing, I have his voice dead on when I read it ^:)^

4. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i bought the first two Luke comics, and but not this yet. These are expensive on amazon, and not prime. Will there be a TPB for these comics? If not where should i buy them for cheaper and no shipping.

5. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    So no synopsis? What's happening in this issue, where is the story going?

6. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014

Yep, Gillen has nailed his dialogue so far. He just sounds so right.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Vader goes after some Rebels and kills them. Also there's a traitor among the Imperial ranks that Vader exposes to Tagge.
    That's the gist. As to where it's going, seems up in the air right now. They're probably taking time to establish the setting before getting into more heavy duty stuff.

spicer and Good_News_Nobody like this.
  8. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    This was an interesting issue, although I can see why some view it as filler, nothing of note happened. But I think it established some important things for the series going further. We see the relationship between Vader and Tagge and how Vader will react to being watched.

Vader framing the adjutant is important as is his statement to Tagge. Vader almost implied that he did frame him and that Tagge needs to be careful about how he watches Vader.

Those aspects provide important information about the characters and needs to happen before the series advances.

Lastly, I expect that the pirates will play a larger role in this series and so this issue was the beginning of a larger plot line.

BigAl6ft6 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  9. The Cheat

The Cheat Jedi Padawan

Aug 22, 2014
    How did Vader know the pirates would hold out long enough for the droid to get there before them and plant the evidence? Didn't they expect the pirates to simply set the self destruct anyway? What would he have done then? Plan seems a bit iffy to me.

10. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    Have faith.

Mmmmm Napalm, BigAl6ft6 and DelRiego like this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So will Vader get his own Super Star Destroyer and we'll get a Vader's Super Star Destroyer vs .Tagge's Super Star Destroyer battle or Vader kils Tagge, renames it Executor? I'd be fine with the latter but the former is the more badasss option.

See, folks? Prequels ARE fun because you kinda know where it's gonna go but there's a hellova lot of room to wiggle in there!

Mmmmm Napalm likes this.
  12. Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2014
    I hope Tagge's SSD is a different model than the Executor, a smaller one, around 10,000m (compared to the 1,600 of an SD), as opposed to the 19,000m Executor. It'd be awesome to see Vader get a bigger, better SSD than Tagge's, and have the massive Executor fly alongside the smaller Annihilator, putting Tagge in his place.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    His plan A was to have the guy follow him around during the battle, getting himself killed, but that didn't work out.

14. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I like that some people on here don't realise that "oon ani" (?) WASN'T actually a traitor:p

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I have even seen reviewers "not get it".

DelRiego and SilentGuy66 like this.
  16. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    What was the pirates' role? What's with the "traitor" and the empty ship in the preview?

17. smisk

smisk Jedi Master star 2

Feb 16, 2015
    Yeah I definitely didn't realize he was framed until I read it on here... Very diabolical of Vader...

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, 'nothing of note' eh? You have read Gillen's work before?

Dante1120 and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  19. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Finally read it

I want Tagge to get what's coming to him. He doesn't seem like what I saw in ANH, but then again he was only a minor character, so this is okay. What an arrogant pompous jerk. Does he remember what happened to Motti?As Dooku would say twice the pride double the fall. I am sure Vader will get his revenge. How humiliating for him. I can see how this could explain the Vader we see in ANH and ESB change. I think he would have a lot of anger built up after serving under a person like that.

20. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I watched ANH directly after reading this, and found the Death Star board room scenes to come across as having much more resonance/tension to them, thanks to new background info on the participants from Rebels/Tarkin/Darth Vader.

21. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Umm, I'm sure someone probably already caught this... but did anyone else see that the planet on Tagge's holoprojection in was Earth? Appears in three panels, where Africa and Europe are clearly shown.

Easter egg? Or is the Empire gonna attack the home planet of Walt Disney? :p

--Adm. Nick

Revanfan1, spicer and Senpezeco like this.
  22. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Empire vs Disney?
    Can somebody please make this?
    Emperor Palpatine is on a mission to save us from the Evil Mickey Mouse

23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    In that case you need to track down copies of the Tales trilogy! Does the same for the Mos Eisley Cantina, Bounty Hunters and Jabba's Palace scenes.

24. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Tagge was highly annoying. He's lucky Vader doesn't choke him (and fears Palpatine).
    The end made me chuckle.

Vader was in true form

25. Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2001
    Ready for thread number three?