main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader (Marvel) #3: Vader, part 3 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Fruit Pastilles, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I jokingly said that in another thread, regarding Rebels. Seriously hope it doesn't happen.

3. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Darth Maul was brought back.......
    Clone Emperor(btw the way I didn't like Dark Empire)
    Boba Fett alive
    Jedi after order 66 running around in OT era

FrankenPadme

https://flic.kr/p/bAxcGN

4. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Reposting past Bleach/Purge:
    --

So I wonder if 4-LOM is going to be associated with the Droid Gotra in this version of the continuity, not to mention IG-88. Two of Vader's handpicked bounty hunters in ESB are droids. Interesting with the story developments we're now seeing.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Revanfan1 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  5. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    :) I think it looks more like she has continence issues!

I have just finished reading Vader 003 and was really blown away by this new Aphra character. I must admit, my first thought was "Lara Croft in Space', especially with that line about being a rogue archeologist which I initially saw as just another way to say 'Tomb Raider'.

But then, as I got into it, it became clear that she's like this young female nerd, into old and dangerous tech which I thought was fab. It reminds me of a friend I have who collects really old computers and other ancient technical equipment. He's not just really into it, but he knows SO much and can do virtually anything with this stuff. Watching him work is almost like magic. Hearing Aphra going on about the personality matrix, (in fact talking to it!!!!) and chattering away as she works reminded me very much of my friend's magic. Aphra's also clearly into adventure, theft (liberation) and breaking through security too which adds to her abilities and potential for a great story.

One of the things I liked best about her though, was her complete lack of knowing the right thing to say (something I can completely relate to) and her lack of formality and respect for Vader in the traditional sense.

Yes - I saw it as a bit of a fan-girl thing too. It was really refreshing to see someone with a different attitude towards Vader. It breaks the mould and livens up the story immensely.

She seems to be so much her own person too which is always great to read about. I really really enjoyed her introduction and the droids she re-made were funny and interesting in a muderous sort of way. I think she's the best new character so far since the franchise moved to Marvel. I would go out and subscribe to a series just about her right now if it were available.

So overal, yes, it was brilliant. I really enjoyed it.

(My only downside with this whole issue is that my stupid little dog has got a liking for the taste of comics and although I normally keep her away she managed to lick the front cover of this one and the ink has come off!!!! Grrrrr. I wish I had Triple Zero Protocol Droid - I could set it on her and then get it to do the washing up.)

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    am i the only one who thinks she won't live that much longer.

7. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jul 3, 2014
    Well, I can easily see why you might think that because Vader's track record is not great - use, abuse, murder - seems to be his m.o. But I do think he has the restraint, most of the time, to avoid killing people who have special skill sets that he needs. Also, there are two things in Aphra's favour apart from her skills:

1. She responds to Vader differently from most people and that might be refreshing for him, espcially when she does the fan-girl thing, which must help his ever needy ego.
    2. She's really into old tech and he was quite a major tech head when he was young so they have a shared interest which will give them some common ground.

So, while I agree there is danger of Vader killing her, I would expect her to live and work with him. I can see them forming some kind of relationship - not exactly freindship, but something a little warmer than most working relationships - perhaps a cheeky, flirty kind of friendship/working relationship.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Aphra will die simply because every star wars character who is not in the films has to die to avoid the fans saying

"Well where was she in Empire Strikes back?":p

9. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    She lost the will to live.

BigAl6ft6, spicer and Gorefiend like this.
  10. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jul 3, 2014
    She could just be somewhere else - studying some weird ancient machine archive. It's a big Galaxy. :)

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Pretty sure that was a joke.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  12. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jul 3, 2014
    OK - sorry. I'm not so good at jokes - my autism gets in the way.

Jedi Knight Fett and SilentGuy66 like this.
  13. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    It was a rubbish joke anyway-my autism, makes me tell jokes I know aren't that funny.

Joanne2108 likes this.
  14. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    The comic made it clear that the weapons that are meant to be assembled are supposed to be a private matter. So it would be easy to believe that Aphra is simply off somewhere working on that stuff while Vader goes about his normal business (even throughout the rest of the OT). She may not even appear in the comics all that much and it will just be hinted that she is somewhere working on Vaders plans.

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Shadow forces don't make much sense if everyone knows about them. Vader will keep them well hidden from other Imperials except when the situation is absolutely desperate.

Joanne2108 likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Its ok the only reason I can tell things are a joke on this site is when someone puts this at the end of it.:p

Joanne2108 likes this.
  17. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    hahah dp4m i get a protocol droid tooooooo

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Not too. Yours is canon, his isn't. :p

(I'm not canon-ish anymore either :( )

Trip likes this.
  19. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    muahaha

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I was never canon to begin with. :(

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    You can all die in a fire.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    dp4m likes this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If Vader has a kid with Aphra I want Luke in the Force Awakens to meet them and also his half-Togruta half-sibling as well.

Wait, what?

Anyway, loved the issue. Even the very blatant Indiana Jones steals I thought were awesome because it was so blatant that it became really cool / funny to me. Also, yes, the one page of Vader recounting how he found her was amazing. And Murder Threepio and Murder Artoo. Honestly, I thought a hellova lot happened in this issue. It had an extended action scene opening and the second half of the book is all introducing the supporting characters.

And Vader cracking a machine code in about 10 seconds. He's still tinkerer mechanical genius Anakin Skywalker underneath it. And he doesn't say a thing.

Revanfan1, Darth_Pevra and Iron_lord like this.
  24. Camarasaur8

Camarasaur8 Jedi Master

Mar 24, 2013
    Might hit the comic book store today - should I get the first issue of Darth Vader, Princess Leia, or Star Wars?

25. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Better pick up 4 copies of Kanan #1 instead. ;)