main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader (Marvel) #3: Vader, part 3 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Fruit Pastilles, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    For a light-hearted fun story, Star Wars. For a darker story featuring politics and intrigues: Darth Vader.

2. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Keep in mind the first three issues of Star Wars form a mini-arc that leads into Darth Vader #1, and contains an event that sets the latter series in motion. So I'd personally go with Star Wars, if only for that reason. As Darth_Pevra points out, however, both are good for different reasons and one may appeal to you more depending on what sort of story you're into.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  3. Camarasaur8

Camarasaur8 Jedi Master

Mar 24, 2013
    Thanks for that guys, I didn't find any SW at the comic book store today, but I really want physical copies of the comics. I don't have much experience with comic books - are they going to release trades of those series at some point? Any idea when?

4. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Yes, trades collecting Princess Leia and the first arcs of Star Wars and Darth Vader have been scheduled for September, I believe.

EDIT: Just checked - the Vader one is scheduled for October, the other two are September.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    BigAl6ft6, Taalcon and Darth_Pevra like this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Sexy death.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Looks like it's a new addition to the pantheon of Morally Ambiguous Doctorates, whatever it is.

9. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I was just very confused by the issue. I think it's worse for me to read issue-by-issue instead of waiting for a compilation in a GN or TPB.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well then, your path is clear: Buy the trade in October!

11. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004

I may have to! I can keep getting the issues, but if I'm unable to for whatever reason, the trade'll probably be cheaper in the end.

12. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    My plan is to buy the individual issues, then sell them to finance my purchase of the TPB. It's the best of both worlds: I don't have to wait to read the story, and I'll later be able to proudly display the TPB on my shelf.

Admittedly that plan will...probably not work. But I need to tell myself something to justify buying both...