main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader (Marvel) #4: Vader, part 4 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Feb 6, 2015.

1. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    I'm glad about one thing! The cover of the next issue features a Yellow Lightsaber blade, bringing my favorite color lightsaber back into Canon! :D

2. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    :cool: (Cough Cough)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Your welcome .:cool:

3. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    Wait... when the hell did she get a yellow saber? :confused:

Edit: Double wait! Does that mean Asajj could be the "replacement?" [face_praying]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Dooku's headless corpse would be rolling in its grave if he heard that one!

cwustudent likes this.
  5. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    [​IMG]

Interesting lightsaber colors on the replacements, now that you mention it...

JBFett007

JBFett007 likes this.
  6. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Sometime between The Wrong Jedi and Dark Disciple.

And I think it's safe to say that we're not seeing Asajj or Quinlan anywhere in here, come on guys. Especially since Vader #5 will come out before Dark Disciple.

7. Orman Tagge

Apr 10, 2014
    That was kinda a joke. Odd coincidence, but that'd be spoiling the end of Dark Disciple for no real reason.

Also, if Vos were to turn in the new canon, I'd be very, very cross.

8. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005

Unless it's another even more elaborate sting!

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I would love for Johan Cross to be impersonating Orman Tagge in the next issue!

Revanfan1, Senpezeco and Orman Tagge like this.
  10. Orman Tagge

Apr 10, 2014
    ...oh dear.

11. Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2001
    Aphra is hilarious in her goofiness. Though I'd love to know how Vader got a hold of the J-327 Nubian,

cwustudent likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's not out of character for Vader to jump down at something- he did so in ESB (albeit from half the height). And I doubt he's lost the ability to do a Force jump/landing.

However, I agree there should be a degree of ability limitations that shouldn't have him flipping around casually.

13. Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2014
    I don't mind the TESB jump because it isn't too high, and the way he jumps and lands. It's stiff looking, mechanical. Again, the jump in the comic isn't terrible, but if it were me I would reduce the height slightly and make the landing appear a little less easy for Vader.

[​IMG]

It's the ease with which he lands that bothers me slightly, I think a slight grunt of pain would've been nice, just to indicate that jumping from that height isn't something Vader does on a regular basis. Again, the jump doesn't bother me at all, really, but I just don't want us to end up with this again, or something like this crap.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, to be fair- it looks like he is landing on the Queen, which would be softer than the ground or metal plating.

15. Mmmmm Napalm

Nov 6, 2014
    He lands on the metal "abdomen" she's connected to.

16. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Of all the things to complain about, it's Vader making landing from a fall look too easy.

Revanfan1 and Ulicus like this.
  17. Orman Tagge

Apr 10, 2014
    What are those clips from? I don't recognize them at all...(the links, not the Geonosian queen one)

18. Mmmmm Napalm

Nov 6, 2014
    I know it makes me look quite silly, but you understand where I'm coming from, right? And once again, I must state: I'm not upset by this, I simply would have made a miniscule change to the scene if it were up to me.

19. Mmmmm Napalm

Nov 6, 2014
    Legends comics, but I don't know which ones. Regardless, seeing the stuff that Vader does in those images makes me happy the EU is gone.

Please don't kill me?

cwustudent likes this.
  20. Orman Tagge

Apr 10, 2014
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

...Anyone know?

EDIT: Actually, looks like they're both from Darth Vader and the Ninth Assassin. Interesting. Examples outside of that particular comic?

21. Mmmmm Napalm

Nov 6, 2014
    Here:
    Jumps really far, no problem

Same comic series as the previous image, similar uncharacteristic feat. And bad writing as an added bonus!

22. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    This is the strangest pet peeve ever. The dude has robot legs and access to the Force.

23. Mmmmm Napalm

Nov 6, 2014
    I just want it to be as close as possible to the original trilogy. I dislike how the prequel trilogy and TCW make all force users superpowered ninjas, and I prefer Vader to be slow and methodical in his movements, like in the movies.

As previously stated, Vader's jump in this issue does not bother me too much, while I personally would have made one small alteration, overall it's not a problem.

24. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

Well I think the reason the Force Users seemed so much more powerful in the PT and all the recent cartoons than they did in the OT is because they simply didn't have the technology to pull that stuff off back when they were making the OT. I think the way they looked in the PT and TCW is closer to how Lucas envisioned them to be than what we saw in the OT.

25. Mmmmm Napalm

Nov 6, 2014
    I think the technological limitations of the time made the OT special, and I'd rather not see all the characteristics of the OT be overwritten. Again, just want Vader's movement to be in line with the slow, methodical pace seen in the movies. Besides, Vader's unique in that he's a cyborg, so his abilities may differ accordingly.