main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader (Marvel) #6: Vader, part 6 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, May 31, 2015.

1. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    The first time I read through this comic I missed the tribute at the bottom of the credits page.

"To Mariano Gonzalez-Roth Voss, friend and fan...you will reach the stars first. The Force was strong with you, but not enough." -Salvador Larroca

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Grievbar. GRIEVBAR.

3. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Well, happy birthday!! Meanwhile, I'm twice as old as you are. Please excuse me while I go find some self-pity to wallow in...

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Is that the first nucanon proof of them no longer being exclusively limited to Mace Windu?

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    In Nucanon purple lightsabers are probably just really really really really rare

6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Or they're being synthetically created in a lab. But the Jedi temple would've been littered with Lightsabers and those of the past.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This had some really interesting stuff in it, I enjoy the new non-Force characters and it's pretty awesome how one is dedicated to the study of Revenge. And even Vader didn't take being "saved" as grateful but he wants to kick the behind of the guy who saved him. My favourite stuff came at the end, though I read Star Wars #6 before Darth Vader and I love the twist in the context between the two same ending scenes: The last few pages in Star Wars were uber-menacing when Vader found out who Luke was, all we hear is him say his name and the window starts to crack but in the Vader book it stays with it and we get some awesome "flashback" panels from the PT to get inside of Vader's head and what he's feeling. It works great as a solo piece in Star Wars - Vader knows and he done is angry! - and in Vader if flips the perspective giving it a tragic resonance. But that works in Vader's book and it works in a different context in the Star Wars book. The interesting thing about how it was done in Darth Vader was the final page where Vader says he's going to have Skywalker and he will take it all. That's what makes the Vader book different, we actually kinda root for the guy in his supremely messed up way.

Ewok Poet and Darth_Pevra like this.
  8. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Grievbar is possibly the greatest Star Wars character ever.

On a serious note, I didn't think was as strong as the last few issues, mainly because of the lack of Aphra and the evil droids. It was interesting seeing Vader and the Emperor's deteriorating relationship though and that ending was fantastic.

9. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

This was what I missed, too; as Aphra and the evil droids are what makes this series so incredibly cool, to the point where the plot itself is overshadowed by them. At the same time, Aphra wanting to defend Vader is an important moment for the character.

TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  10. SparklingRoyalty

SparklingRoyalty Jedi Padawan star 1

May 1, 2015
    It just dawned on me. I thought it was interesting that they would include a flashback of Padme at her funeral. I mean how could Vader even see that? He wasn't at the funeral as far as we know. One explanation that could be plausible is that Vader saw a picture someone had taken of her. I mean Padme was a notable figure in the galaxy, so her death and proceeding funeral would be big news.

SilentGuy66 and Taalcon like this.
  11. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    What's to say Vader wasn't at Padme's funeral. It was an official function and therefore he'd have been welcome. Maybe he was hidden in the crowd crying into a hankie:p

cwustudent likes this.
  12. SparklingRoyalty

May 1, 2015
    I was thinking about the possibility that Vader could have secretly shown up and hid but I really feel like the movie would have shown us that.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    !?

Um, OK... How do you hide a big 6' 6" guy in head-to-toe black armour at a funeral !?

14. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    Maybe he was camouflaged since the funeral was in the evening :p

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
  16. SparklingRoyalty

May 1, 2015
    By having him watch it from a very far distance obviously. Technically that would make him hidden from the others view.
    Btw I don't think he was there, just discussing the point since it was brought up.

Haha, that's funny *thumbs up*

17. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    He was there-Just late! He and Boss Nass hugged eachother and ended up drunkenly beating up Jar Jar because "he was a terrible representative!"

Jedi Ben likes this.
  18. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    He sat in the Goth section.

TK-421 Is vader and Jedi Ben like this.
  19. SparklingRoyalty

May 1, 2015
    You all are too much :)

20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Canonical:

[​IMG]

21. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

Probably felt it through the Force; just how Leia apparently 'remembers' Padme unlike Luke.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  22. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Guys. State Funeral on Holonet channel 57372543245b. On Demand.

23. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Vader's breathing apparatus would be sooooo awkward during the moment of silence.

24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

GOAT comment.

25. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    Maybe her body was displayed for dignitaries to come and pay their respects for a few days and Vader came in private to look at her one last time?