main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader (Marvel) #6: Vader, part 6 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, May 31, 2015.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Checking her throat for strangulation marks.

"Did I do it? Didn't I do it? Did I do it?"

2. SparklingRoyalty

SparklingRoyalty Jedi Padawan star 1

May 1, 2015
    What the hell?

It's possible and I was even considering that maybe he got a vision of her deceased body off screen. However I couldn't completely go with it because Anakin's visions weren't very detailed. In them he only saw faces, and yet in his flashback we see Padme's entire body Plus it's odd that the rest of the flashbacks are moments we actually saw him apart of yet that one wasn't. I know I'm making a big deal out of something small (and cool BTW), but it did surprise me that they included it.

About Leia, over the years I just figured it was possible that she was slightly more force sensitive then Luke was. I mean once Luke knew what the force was, he never expressed that he felt it before he actually learning about it. Yet we see Leia unknowningly using it before her heritage was revealed.

Honestly, I think it was dumb of Lucas to just have one of the kids remember her in the first place. It should have been both or neither.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

Well, it is George. Consistency was never his strong point.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The whole idea was that she actually knew her mother when she was little. If the kids were separated at birth, there's no reason Luke would've ever known her.

It's just that ROTS changed the story for no particular reason.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the ROTJ novel, Luke manages to remember something about that time, even if it's not her - that's how he figures out Leia is his sister:

"For that reason, your sister has remained safely anonymous."
    Luke resisted this knowledge at first. He neither needed nor wanted a twin. He was unique! He had no missing parts - save the hand whose mechanical replacement he now flexed tightly. Pawns in a castle conspiracy? Cribs mixed, siblings switched and parted and whisked away to different secret lives? Impossible! He was Luke Skywalker, born to a Jedi-turned-Sithlord, raised on a Tatooine sandfarm by Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru, raised in a life without frills, a hardworking honest pauper - because his mother ... his mother ... What was it about his mother? What had she said? Who was she? What had she told him? He turned his eyes inward, to a place and time far away from the damp soil of Dagobah, to his mother's chamber, his mother and his ... sister. His sister ...
    "Leia! Leia is my sister! he exclaimed, nearly falling over the stump.
    "Your insight serves you well," Ben nodded.

Jedi Knight Fett and Ewok Poet like this.
  6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    We can hardly pin that on Lucas, though. :p We can, however, ask him to at least follow the films.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah, I'm not down with the "necessity" of Padme's death.

I'd have preferred it if we'd not seen Bail towards the end, she'd survived, not named the kids on screen, and told Obi-Wan and Yoda that she would find a safe place for herself and her daughter. Then that'd be the last we heard of it until RotJ, when we'd get the "reveal".

Bonus points if Padme is using a Boushh-like disguise the last time we see her.

8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Although that would leave open the question of how she actually died.

9. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    Unspecified Space Opera Disease