Darth Vader Supreme Costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by LukeSkiewalker, May 14, 2005.

Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. PuakaFace Jedi Padawan

Yeah I'll just be wearing this for Halloween. I live in an area with a pretty cold October (it is snowing half the time) and I probably won't be going to any indoor parties so the heat might be desired. I still want to know if the Darth Vader costume on www.officialstarwarscostumes.com is the Rubie's costume.

Also, does anyone know if Chad Vader is wearing the Rubie's costume? It seems to be the best view of this costume if it is.

Thank you for the help.
  2. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I believe it IS made by Rubies, but as a counter to their usual cheap crap, they made the vader High-end, and the Fett not bad. The real loser is the StormTrooper which is both expensive and sucky.
  3. weemansith Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've been lurking here for some time, and had a question... I've seen a guy on the old eBay, fenix props, who does a lot of the 'soft' parts of the Vader costume. He gives the option to choose between which screen version you can choose from etc. Has anyone seen these or have any feedback on it? Thanks for the ideas. I'm in the planning phase right now. I'm 6'9" so I think I could make a sweet Vader ;).
  4. LAN-ED-TUL Jedi Master

star 4
    fenix props is Lucas Alverez a 501st memeber that does vader stuff, i got my body suit cape and robe from him, excellent quality for the money. you wont be displeased, if ordering a bodysuit, add 2 inches to all diameter measurements he asks for, example if your bicep is 17 add 2 make it 19.

for some odd reason, if you give exact diameter measures it will be a lil too snug. i added 2 inches to every diamter measurement he wanted, and mines perfect.
  5. weemansith Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks! Everything on his page looks good to me, just wanted extra input from more trained eyes. I'm wanting to do an ESB Vader, so the next thing is the lid. Would it be better to get the Rubies lid and mod it, or should I go the aftermarket route on that? I'm having a hard time finding those at the moment. Tips?
  6. LAN-ED-TUL Jedi Master

star 4
    well u could retrofit a rubbies, but by time you spent money and time invested you would be better off gettin a FG one from a vendor. look on ebay for one but before you buy ask someone if its worth it, ya dont wanna get slammed by a recaster or flimsy fg lid.
  7. PAPATOOLSDV Jedi Grand Master

hey lan just wanted to ask you am looking for a new chests armor. wanted to know if you knew a good maker. thanks papatoolsdv
  8. Traynor-Vader Jedi Master

Hi i'm looking to add voice changer into my vader mask is the mk171 any good
  9. Traynor-Vader Jedi Master

ok so far I've collected.
    voice changer Mk171
    a rubies supreme darth vader suit,
    having belt modifications done so the breathing device is ran from a swich amped and to the mask with a better spreaker.
    I've got fans for the suit that will be fitted lower back and chest.
    fans for the mask top of dome fitting and bottom vent,
    ski goggle dark black lense for the eyes.
    a replica darth vader light saber.and hunting down some german military riding boots.
    any thing else .
    any advice appreciated
  10. DanteVader Jedi Knight

star 1
    Can anyone recommend a cooling vest and/or neck roll to go along with this suit?

I found a great deal online for one and pulled the trigger, but I was sweating bullets before I even had the suit fully on. I've gotta bring the temp down if this is going to be of any use come Halloween.

Thanks!
  11. Traynor-Vader Jedi Master

Hello mate I brought from an ebayer this full body suit and it looks cool with the rest of the costume when im only wearing it for partying i.e hot as hell and its perfect . stores.ebay.co.uk/Base-Layers?_trksid=p4340.l25
  12. PAPATOOLSDV Jedi Grand Master

how was everyones halloween this year 2011
  13. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    My husband put his suit on for the first time tonight. He has a few things to finish, belt buckle, neck chain and he's currently at my brothers doing the final electronics....but he's nearly there.

[image=http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af151/Adalia-Amber-Durron/P1060490.jpg] [image=http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af151/Adalia-Amber-Durron/P1060496.jpg]
  14. Obi-Zahn Kenobi Chosen One

star 7
    Bump after a year . . .

All right. I am going as Darth Vader to the next three movies. I am 2m tall and pretty solidly built - meaning I'm not fat, but I've got big bones and broad shoulders, so I'm pretty imposing.

Where should I start, people? I'm sure you've got experience with this.

I want it to look legit - nothing costumy. I want people to **** their pants when they see me.

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_esb_vader

Yes, I am looking to spend serious money. This is important to me.
    Last edited by Obi-Zahn Kenobi, Nov 3, 2012
  15. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  16. ashgad Force Ghost

star 1
    Howdy Y'all. Just a friendly bump to keep some life in this thread...
    Anybody seen Huzz around?

-SL9416
  17. Carreragt3Cup Force Ghost

star 1
    Hey I finally finished my Vader costumer. A lot of time and effort and waiting and modifying[IMG] went into the custom armor
    Last edited by Carreragt3Cup, Feb 23, 2014
  18. Carreragt3Cup Force Ghost

star 1
    Stupid broken link.... here is the other picture [IMG]
  19. Carreragt3Cup Force Ghost

star 1
  20. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  21. Carreragt3Cup Force Ghost

star 1
    I cant find the ROTS chest box anywhere. Mine is just a rubies modified one and I want an accurate replacement and I cant find it anywhere anymore. Id like to switch them in and out for pictures. Does anyone know where to find them?
  22. Carreragt3Cup Force Ghost

star 1
    I have a new chest box. I will take pics tonight and post...uhhg im back into the vader costume...I thought I was done but now I know for sure that I will never complete this.... For one my cod piece sucks, my belt boxes are inaccurate..I need to remold my chest armor to make it more front heavy and stronger...I need to put in some custom padding for the armor so it sits right, I need a better leather suit....the list goes on
    Last edited by Carreragt3Cup, Apr 28, 2014
Moderators: Commander-DWH