main
side
curve

Darth Vader Supreme Costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by LukeSkiewalker, May 14, 2005.

1. Mr Vader

Mr Vader Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2016
    Sorry, my reply posted more than once.

2. Mr Vader

Mr Vader Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2016

Well, you are RIGHT about "spending more time and money"! Had to have some alternations done on jumpsuit and cape shortened. Not cheap, but at least this Rubies Supreme was on sale.
    Also had to put foam inside the helmet to fit me. To keep cape from falling off my shoulders, had to put a spot of Velcro on cape and chest armor. Of course my wife loves the way it looks on me, but it does get awfully hot inside the jumpsuit. Trying to figure out what to do about that. Did buy a Cooling Vest, but it's made more for outside work in summer. When in the jumpsuit, I do have a pair of cargo shorts on and last year put two ice packs in the front pockets. Wore a t-shirt that got fairly wet from sweat. Just don't know how to control the heat this jumpsuit creates.

I'm now 68 years old, and am starting to wonder if I'm too old to be "costuming" anymore. Unfortunately, I'm also just 6' tall and appears this jumpsuit is made from someone taller than me.

Also, btw, I wear the chest box outside the jumpsuit and had the holes in the jumpsuit sewed up. Looks much better to me.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

3. Mr Vader

Mr Vader Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2016

Reply posted more than once. Please look at previous post/reply​

4. Mr Vader

Mr Vader Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2016
    Well, FINALLY made this costume worth buying along with the cost of the jumpsuit alternations.

Due to me fighting a sinus cold, we couldn't attend any party. So, after discussing it with my wife, we decided that I'd put the entire costume on, stand outside and greet Trick or Treaters as they came to our apartment door. I even walked up and down the sidewalk, by our apartment, and waved at cars coming in and leaving the complex. My wife didn't put on her Female Stormtrooper outfit, but instead, helped me dress, handed out candy and took photos. It was fantastic and I was a HUGE HIT!! I really didn't know that Vader was still a celebrity. I absolutely loved the attention by the kids. Shaking their hand and getting photos with them. Their parents really thought I was cool looking. This lasted for about an hour and half and it was still somewhat daylight.

I wore cargo shorts under the jumpsuit and put an ice pack in each pocket. Even with how active I was, I hardly done any sweating.

What a time wife and I had and we are sure looking forward to next year. Hopefully will attend a party as well.

mavjade likes this.