main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Darth Vader to be Resurrected

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ObiGraeme, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The portrayal of Anakin in PT, Hayden's hideous wooden acting, bad dialogue and whiny teenage behaviour lessened my respect for Vader somewhat.

When I watch OT, I just shut it all out and try to enjoy it for what it is.
    But I would be lying if I said PT didn't ruin him a bit for me.

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    How about a spoiler alert! I thought it was a documentary![face_not_talking]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Nope. Hence Vader's "coolness".

4. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    The OT: fans whine about Luke being whiny (mostly in one movie).
    The PT: fans whine about Anakin being whiny (mostly in one movie).

I can already predict the future.
    The ST: fans whine about ? being whiny...

Padme501st likes this.
  5. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    That's what industry insiders call BS designed to increase hits to the newspapers website, and so far it's working for them.

6. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    If anyone has been paying attention to the books, there are at least two appearances of Anakin Skywalker to my knowledge, Truce of Bakura and the book after Dark Journey but the name of the book escapes me, Anakin told his grandson to stand his ground while being in the Embrace of Pain.

He has made ghostly appearances already. After the way Obi-Wan made some appearances they decided to run away with it apparently

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, but I think they are asking if he should be resurrected in a corporeal form.

8. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Let's make something clear here:
    Anakin Skywalker's return makes sense; Darth Vader's does not.

If I read the OP right, there are apparently rumors/suppositions/suggestions out there that the character of Darth Vader - not the character of Anakin Skywalker - will/might/would be resurrected, but, as noted, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Someone’s been telling porkies.

10. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Are they making the HoT duology & Union a trilogy of movies with Vader in Thrawn's place, do you think?

Think about it...

• We've had TFU and cloning of force sensitives as one large multimedia project.
    • The HoT duology covers a secret base of clones and clone-tech.
    • Clone Wars is the hottest Star Wars era at the moment.
    • What more a positive ending could you have than Luke's wedding with multiple Jedi... a sign of peace and prosperity etc?

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I remember this one fanfic where someone brought Anakin Skywalker back as a clone so he had no clue what Leia or Luke was too him. It was quite an interesting read.

I think it's possible if they brought him back as a clone but not ressurect him from the dead. That would make more sense.

If they did resurrect him from the dead then I know someone has been paying attention to my fanfic.

Brought Padme and Anakin back

12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    We will probably see Anakin's ghost at some point. I will actually be surprised if we don't. But this Vader thing is clearly tabloid nonsense with no basis, whatsoever, in truth.

Padme501st likes this.
  13. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Probably the Solo offspring since most think we'll see them in some form.

14. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    It's possible that after news of their writer was leaked, TPTB will come up with some disinformation from now on just to throw everybody off the real trail. Darth Vader coming back? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of when you consider what happened at the end of RotJ, Lucas would not write (or give the okay on) something so dumb. It's possible that Anakin as a force ghost returns, but not Darth Vader.

15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    They brought Darth Maul back at the end of Season four [face_dunno]

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Proof positive that just because they can resurrect a character, doesn't mean they should

JediFalcon, Echo-07 and Jedi_Lover like this.
  17. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I haven't actually witnessed Maul's return in TCW (given that I just barely discovered the series a few days ago), but based on what I've read, his return actually does make sense, whereas the return of Darth Vader would not.

18. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    All this cloning and/or resurrection nonsense pretty much removes the need to worry about dying, doesn't it? From an audience's point of view, why take any threat seriously or celebrate any of our heroes' triumphs? If you can cut someone in half and they still come back, why even bother telling the story? It just goes on & on with no measurable resolution.

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    You're in for some major excitement with the clone wars especially how Anakin behaves towards Padme's ex-lover, he's quite the jealous type

20. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I know, but I think Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker being the focus of the first six films is different than Darth Maul a secondary character who was in one movie. Also, I differentiate between the Clone Wars cartoon and the Star Wars films, if others don't differentiate between the two, however much I disagree with that in principle, I can still see their POV--as I have a difficult time differentiating between the SW movies and the EU-novels (and many fans see the EU as separate from the films). The ST will probably obliterate the post-RotJ EU I have come to now and love in the past seven years, but I will get used to it and embrace the latest paradigm shift in my view of SW.

21. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Or throw them into a generator pit. Yeah, BIG deal.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Speaking of a character who should have died at the hands of the Neimoidians but just had to be resurrected anyway.

If Anakin doesn't beat the living **** out of him, I'll be disappointed.

But that has nothing to do with Vader being resurrected, unless he's going to come back from the dead just to haunt Clovis.

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    You won't be disappointed

24. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Well, he was a teenager in AOTC (he was a nice kid though, I don't know why people forget about that). Vader is quite a bit older, after all. Had Anakin overcome his issues, he'd be a great Jedi. He was already more mature in ROTS. Unfortunately, Palpatine caught him in the most vulnerable moment.

Besides, he didn't really do anything worthy of respect in the OT. Before the revelation, he was little more than a cool-looking, but one-dimensional henchman who choked people for laughs.

PT enhanced him for me. Before PT, I was never sure if he actually cared for Luke or it was more his hatred for the Emperor that drove him. Now, after knowing he loved his mother, his wife and actually looked forward to becoming a dad, Anakin/Vader is more humanized in my eyes.

While I do have some issues with the execution of his characters development (mostly in AOTC), he's undoubtedly the most interesting and complex character of the saga as it exists right now.

25. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    This would be the key point for me.
    I did generalise a bit up there, but to be honest my overall impression (with all the ups and downs of Anakin's character) I do feel that the basic idea could have been very much improved upon.
    PT did ruin him for me because I simply expected more to it, a bit of a better execution of that idea, as you say. Yes, he's more humanized but it was very sloppy execution, in my view.
    I was especially disappointed with his moment of turning to the dark side, which seemed too hasty and too complete in my view. In a very short timespan he goes from being a troubled but still "good" person to ransacking the Temple and slaughtering children. That simply didn't sit well with me.

But of course, this is a purely subjective opinion. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.