main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Darth Vader woke me up Friday morning

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Hmmmm. The title sounded better than it came out. Anyway, did anyone here sign up for the Target wake-up call? They had a bunch of different people to choose from, but Darth Vader was one of them (check out the commercial on their site with Vader and Heidi Klum). Anyway, when the time came, the phone rang and you heard the breathing. Normally at 4:30 in the morning, heavy breathing over the phone is, um... ANYway... a stormtrooper started telling yo uthat Lord Vader commands you to get out of bed and proceed to Target's 2 day sale. Once shopping is completed, an Imperial Shuttle will be docked in the parking lot to transport you home. Darth Vader never did say anything, but it was pretty cool.

2. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    that's too cool! hehehe....
    did you go to the Target sale?

3. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Actually, no. I love Target over the other big stores, but I'm afraid they didn't have anything we "had to get" on Friday. Wal-Mart had a trampoline, and I picked up another GBA from Circuit City. Other than that, there wasn't anything we were shooting for for the Friday sales. I'm sure I'll hit Target a couple times over the next month, though. As much as we spend there, James Earl Jones himself shoulda called me. LOL.

4. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    *chuckles* yeah, I know what you mean....though a nice call from Obi Wan would have motivated me so much more.... *sigh* *grin*

5. Jedi_Sha

Jedi_Sha Jedi Master star 5

Oct 13, 2002
    i saw a commercial for that. anyone calling me that early in the morning is asking for it, though.
    actually i didn't venture out of my house until late that evening. i hate big crowds.

6. mr_nightmarez

mr_nightmarez Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2003

Yeah... I got the Vader phone call - It was pretty cool.

I actually ventured out - Sears was INSANE!
    I was trying to get a 19" TV for my daughter for Christmas and one of those under the counter CD players...
    Needless to say I got the "next to last" TV and it got ugly as I snuck off... 19" TV for $60 was worth it!

I have to find three more things and I'm so done with shopping.

I heard there were several fights at Wal-Mart...

7. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    you won't believe this--I hardly did--but my husband took our 3 year old to WalMart with him last Friday morning. I don't think he knew what he was in for....lol

Needless to say, he didn't get all the things he went in for, and was just happy to be out in one piece! :D

We have just a couple of things left to get as well (thank God Almighty). Smooth sailing from here to the 25th if we can just find those things...

8. mr_nightmarez

mr_nightmarez Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2003
    Meaningless Post here - But in case you know of someone looking for the BLONDE "Ken Doll" Julian from Prince and the Pauper Movie -

TARGET is the only store that carries the Blonde "Julian". From that movie - And you have to buy it w/ Anneliese - (Which I had already bought)

What a racket -

If you are looking for an X-Box w/ the Game Bundle - I have 1 on hold. Let me know Soon!!! I found one yesterday - and the other one I had on hold should be in tomorrow!

I'm hitting T'R'Us today - Anybody looking for any "hard to find" things?

Sorry - Thanks for letting me vent my toy drama!

9. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Jedi_Sha is looking for a Wicket beenie buddy. So far, only Toys R Us had them (operative word: had). If for some reason Jedi_Sha doesn't need one, I'll buy it.

I wish I could say I'd like to get the X-Box, but I don't think my wife would allow another gaming machine in the house! LOL. Between the PS2, PSX, GBA, and PC, we're set in the video gaming department. Add to that a Game Pass at Blockbuster and you can never get bored at my house. Although... the fact that X-Box seems to have more Star Wars games makes it tempting.... no... I can't do it. I wonder if Maria wants an X-Box for Christmas? Naaaa.

10. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    lol

join with us, Vesper! Buy the XBOX and together we could rule the galaxy....um, not really, but that's how it makes you feel sometimes. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.