main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN Darth Vader World Tour

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    As I told you guys at the meeting last night, the Darth Vader vinyl figure is on his way here in the next month or two to be photographed with us and then sent on to his next stop in Atlanta. For those unaware of what the Darth Vader World Tour is, here is an official description:

TK7771, City Rep for Boston, MA wrote:

"What we wanna do is send a 12" Darth Vader figure to each official chapter in FF, and have his picture taken with the group by some kind of landmark,in that city or area.

It would start here in Boston,we take a pic of us with Vader. We send it off, to say NYC, they take a pic with it and then send it off to the next chapter on the list.. And so on,and so on, you get the point.

We will include in the box, the Vader figure (obviously), a couple of disposable cameras, and the mailing list so you know who to send it next."

That was back in July of last year, and I immediately signed us up for it. Anyway, Lord Vader will be arriving here as early as 8 weeks give or take a few, so I'm just letting you know to be ready for it. Chances are we will hold a meeting on a weekend when it shows up and head out to take pictures at the sunsphere or any other Knoxville landmark we might want to try. It should be fun as long as Vader doesn't choke us all to death, but then again, that might be fun too. :)

You have now been warned.

P.S.> You can keep up with the Vader tour's status by going to it on Boston Rebel's website. It is located here.

2. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, there is one more stop before us, so it looks like Vader will be arriving in March sometime. When I get the figure in, I'll let you guys know ASAP.

3. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    He's coming.... :)

Vader World Tour

Hopefully you guys can take a digital camera to the picture session, so we can put your pictures up on the website. If you take some pics, email them to tony@bostonrebels.net

4. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Woohoo! It won't be too long until he makes it to Atlanta! :D

Have fun with Vader, Knoxvillians!

5. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    YAY!!! Maybe Vader will make it in time for tommorrow's meeting? That would be really cool if it did.

6. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Vader has arrived, and it is a HUGE figure. We need to meet sometime this month or early next month and take pictures together with it so I can toss it on to Minacia in Atlanta. I'll leave the time we meet up to you guys, but anyone who has a digital camera, please bring it along so we can get as many pictures as possible. There are disposable cameras with the Vader figure, but those will not developed until after the North American tour is over.

I am thinking about making pictures at or around the Sunsphere, but maybe we could go somewhere else. It is up to you guys.

7. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well I'm sorry but it looks like I lied to you guys. I was just informed that we only get Vader for 2 weeks, so that means he has to be gone by the 24th. We have to get together soon, so if I don't hear anything by Monday I'm gonna set a day and place to use. We have spring break this week so this is a good time to get things done downtown with the campus being not so busy but it may be too short of a notice for some.

Just let me know what guys want to do.

8. Lighthammer72

Lighthammer72 Jedi Master

Apr 11, 2002
    Spring Break starts the week after this one. I've got a digital camera, and it'd be better for me to meet up somewhere this week, as I may be headin to Memphis for part of Spring Break. Monday night, Tuesday until around 8:30, Wednesday and Thursday nights are all good for me.

9. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Okay, well here is my work schedule for this week:

Tuesday: 7-4pm
    Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 12pm-9pm
    Saturday: Off
    Sunday: Off

Going by that, this Tuesday would be te best time to meet up if you are leaving. Should it be handled like a meeting or what? I dunno. This is gonna be rough I know, but also there is the possiblity of Saturday or Sunday. Just let me know.

10. Lighthammer72

Apr 11, 2002
    Maybe we could have an "emergency meeting?" Tuesday at Mr. Gatti's? Pic to be taken at 8:00 sharp, something like that maybe?

11. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    That would work. Can anyone else make it out?

12. Draven14

Draven14 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2003
    Hello all you sith and jedi!!! Forgive me but I really wanted to pose some questions to some real knowledgable star wars fans. I'm probably not going about posting questions the right way but here goes.

I had a thought the other day while watching ROTJ. I'm assuming that DARTH V was well versed in the principles of the Sith, One master and one apprentice. Why would any sith lord in his right mind show up to the the masters resident with a possible replacement. Had Luke turned to the Dark Side he would have taken Vaders place not the Sidious's. Vader had to know that he wasn't as adept in the force as Sidious so what was his plan?? It's like showing up to your job with a younger and more vibrant version of yourself.

And while I'm ranting what exactly did Vader die from? I know he got hit with a few sparks of sith lighting, but It was nothing compared to the shock therapy Luke recieved. Vader was supposedly stronger in the force than Luke. SO what happened??? Vader had actually had more experience with Sith Lighting, Thanks to Dooku.
    Any insight into these question would be welcome

13. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    I could probably make it...

14. Lighthammer72

Apr 11, 2002
    If you have email addresses or phone numbers of any members who you think might like to come, you might want to give them a call, in case they don't check the board today. It is pretty short notice, after all.

15. Lighthammer72

Apr 11, 2002
    Ok, what happened? I got out to Mr. Gatti's at 7:20, stayed till 8:15 and nobody showed up.

16. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    Well, I had some massive equipment problems at work, plus someone from corporate came in town last night and I got taken out to dinner with the work crowd... couldn't say no... :D
    I didn't get home until midnight, and I had a phone message from JarJar saying that he was stranded at home for some reason, and his internet connection was down until Thursday as well, so he couldn't post anything... he didn't leave the message until about 7pm...

As for a reschedule, he didn't say...

Fenn

17. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I am very sorry about all the problems with the last meeting not happening and all. I didn't have a way there I found out at the last minute and on top of that my internet services went down shortly after my last post in this topic. All I could do was look up Fenn's number and hope he could spread the word.

My internet services were down for nearly 4 days due to a failure at the node for our street's internet access hub. That's the cool thing about working for the cable company that's also your ISP, you know what's wrong and that gives you an idea on how long you are down for. That bad thing is that it took four days to fix because the median age on my street is 75 and no one else has cable internet services. Only me on cable internet on my street=it'll get fixed someday.

If I didn't work there, it would still be down, but oh well, it's fixed. Anyway, thank you Fenn for letting folks know what happened. I wish I had called sooner, but I just didn't know plain and simple.

I felt like I owed you one, so I once again went and looked into the WB20 in mono issue. This time I went and talked with the head manager in technical operations directly. He told me that they are in the process of looking into it along with some other things as a part of a massive migration of your station and others to a new broadcast reception area. He says that the new equipment is all fiber optic and brand- spanking new, so if there is a stereo signal going out, comcast will broadcast it as well and he will check for that once the migration is complete.

Now on to re-scheduling. If it's agreeable, how does this coming Tuesday the 18th sound? Let me know, and come heck or high water, we'll do this one!! :D

18. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, I am assuming that this Tuesday is a no-go for anyone from the lack of responses, so I suppose I will just go ahead and send the Vader figure on to Atlanta sometime this week. Bad luck and Spring Break worked together to see to it that Vader couldn't have have his picture taken here in Knoxville.

I hope everywhere else ends up working out.

19. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    If all else fails, before you run Vader to the post office, just take him somewhere and take a quick picture. Hopefully you can take along a digital camera so there will be instant photos as well as the cameras included within the package.

Email the digital pics to:

tony@bostonrebels.net

Thanks! :)

20. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    Take him down to the World's Fair Park and get a shot of him with the Sunsphere or something...

Tonight *is* out for me... I've got some old friends I've not seen in years coming through town...

Fenn

21. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I don't have a digital camera or I might have took a pic. While getting a shot at the sunsphere might be nice, without a digital camera or the group together it just doesn't make much sense. That plus the fact that it's about 15-20 mins drive for me to get to the Sunsphere makes it something I would rather not do unless it was for something more worthwhile. I'm not blaming anyone with the group or anything, it's just that it didn't work out. No biggie.

I'll try to get her sent off to Atlanta on Friday.

22. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Oh well..

I wanted to mail it off on Friday, but my new job's training schedule prohibited me from doing so before the P.O. closed. I mailed the package off today via normal ground shipping. Given that the package only needs to go to Atlanta from Knoxville, it should arrive sometime Thursday or Friday at the latest. Let me know if it doesn't show up and I'll raise heck on the P.O..

Have fun, Atlantians! :)

23. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Thanks, Jar Jar! We'll be on the lookout for Vader! :)

24. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I received Vader yesterday afternoon, so he has safely arrived in Atlanta. :)

Now, we just have to figure out where we're going to take him. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.