main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Darth Vader World Tour

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LordGoldenArrow, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002

Some time ago...some people from the Boston FF group had an idea to do something worldwide with the FF groups. They decided to ship Darth Vader (doll) around to the different Fan Forces. You can go find the story here:
    http://www.bostonrebels.net/vader
    and see some of the places it has already been.

It's been almost a year since the original idea came and went. In that time, we've had many new members and even had a new group spawned from Orlando. While I was CR in Orlando, I signed Orlando up for it. I'm not exactly sure who it is being sent to, but the doll is coming to Orlando! It should either wind up in my, JediDan's or Thumper's mailbox depending on who the people in Atlanta sent it to.

It would be great if we can get as many FF members from Central Florida together (Melbourne, Gainsville, Daytona and Tampa weren't created when this started so neither is on the "official" listto take pictures with the Vader. It would also be great if we can get him into the Disney SWW!!!! What an awesome pic then!

Anyhow, is anyone else interested? I'm out of town till who knows when but Thumper or JediDan should be able to arrange something!!

Art

2. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Hey there! I'm from Boston Rebels. I'm hitting SW Weekends May 16-19 and would love to see ol Vader in attendance.
    Even if he doesn't make it, I'd like to gather as many FF as possible for a pic to possibly send to Insider.
    I've created some printable badges to help identify FanForce members. You can get it here. You can use a graphic program to put your name and/or where you're from on it. There's a sample one there to see.
    You may want to use the Distant Galaxy font. I'm willing to whip them up for people and send them via email.

3. JediDan

JediDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2001
    Hey all!
    Vader is coming to me!
    We can start setting something up for a photo op so post your ideas. I like SWWE idea!

-Dan

4. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    when be this golden oppurtunity to meet the bohemoth of sithdom?

5. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Last I heard, Vader's in Atlanta right now. I think his next stop is Orlando. Our website is down right now while we're remodeling, but it should be back up on Thursday, so you can check on good ole Darth's progress. Our CR asked me to write an article for Insider about the Vader Tour, so if you folks have anything you'd like to share from your time under the iron fist of the Dark Lord, feel free to share it. ;)

6. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    YES YES!! SWWE would be awesome! Just think, Vader, the 501st and as many FF members as we can find!!
    That plus Sebulba's article would certainly catch the Insider's attention!

7. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey all! :)

Just a little FYI: Vader was sent on his way to Orlando on Monday, so y'all should be seeing him soon. :D

8. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Don't forget about the Beachtroopers up here in Daytona! I will be attending the first weekend and the trooper weekend of SWW, and there should also be some friends of my CR from R2-Detroit down for the trooper weekend. What an awesome pic we could get!!!

9. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Has Lord Vader arrived? Any information JediDan could supply would be appreciated.

10. JediDan

JediDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2001
    Vader is here safe and sound.

Stay tuned for more updates!!

11. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Have you guys taken any pics yet?

12. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey guys, I know the Beachtroopers will want to get in on this and there will be some people visiting from R2-Detroit that will want to as well. Do we know when/where pics will be taken or anything?

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, I've heard that Vader is going to have to be mailed out before this weekend. Will he not be at the events Saturday?

14. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.