main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Vader World Tour

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by DarthMoby, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    It wont be long before our fearless Lord of the Sith will be in Providence, his last stop before heading home to Boston. The Dark Lord has hard a long and tiresome trip and we may not have much time with him. We should start thinking of what sights might interst the Dark Lord so as to not anger him when he arrives. I think the Cliff Wlaks and the Blue Bug are musts. Where do you guys want to take Vader? Input from all please.

2. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Cliff walk and the bug are a great idea, I would add fire water to it but i believe thats done till spring.

I say we get some Dels and show Vader cheering infront of a spilled cup of it.

3. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Wookie ..let go your hatred.
    Embrace Del's and your journey toward the dark side will be complete. :p

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I believe you guys are getting Vader after Syracuse right? Well, Vader arrived in Syracuse on Jan 30th so your turn is coming up pretty quick. Have fun with him! Here's some of the pics from his stay in Rochester, NY.

~Doc_Bev

5. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Nice Pictures. :)

6. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    Very nice pics!! I am afraid I don't know RI as well as some of you who actually live here but I personally find the Providence Place Mall to be a favorite attraction!

Maybe we should take him skating at the Fleet Center... or is that the Bank of America Center now? Murgh.

7. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Murgh? That's one I haven't heard before. :)

8. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I'm pretty sure that it is still the Fleet Center, I think Fleet had naming rights for another few years and it would have been too expensive for Bank of America to buy the naming rights.

9. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    You could always take him to Proctor & Gamble Stadium in Foxboro ;)
    lol

10. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Or you could take him to the Golden Palace.com Center (aka: Fleetcenter) in Boston :D.

11. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    As long as it's not the Golden Banana

rofl

12. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Kind of defeat the purpose of having him in rhode island just to bring him to boston =P

13. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Kind of defeat the purpose of having him in rhode island just to bring him to boston =P

I know. I was just kidding 8-}.

That would be impossible, the Golden Banana is no more :_|.

14. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001

That would be impossible, the Golden Banana is no more

It was a sad day when they closed down the Banana :(
    Lord Vader would have loved that place :) . I know I did :D

15. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Lord Vader would have loved that place

I'm sure he would have. Fortunately there are still a few other options to choose from along that stretch of Rte.1 :D.

16. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    You could always take him to Amazing Video...

17. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Ed, do you have Vader? Syracuse got him on the 31st of January so he should've been here by now.

18. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Just to update you all, I'm having Vader sent to me. There were some serious issues at hand (ask if you want to hear me rant) and this was just the quickest way to resolve the situation. I'm close enough to you guys that I'll be able to pass him on to one of you without a problem. I mean, I want to be in a Vader picture with you all anyway, so it'll work out. :)

I'll let you know when he gets here!

19. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I'd like to hear about it. Feel free to PM me at your earliest convienence. :)

20. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Gah, sorry Roy. Didn't mean to leave you out of the loop, it's been a bad week. PM sent.

21. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    After a very, very long time away from home...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v364/rchickos/Boston%20Rebels/DSCN0631.jpg]

...Vader is finally back in Boston. :) Right now he's chilling out on my Star Wars futon with the souvenirs from his trip. After another day of rest he'll be all set to party at the meet on Sunday. :D

I'm still very, very annoyed that Vader spent about 5 weeks in Syracuse. The box was postmarked 3/9, which explains why he didn't get here as soon as I had expected him (6 days later, to be precise). And I'll stop there before I say something that gets me banned.

On Sunday I'll be handing Vader off to Ed so that we can have our fun in RI. Even though both groups will be there Sunday, some pictures that are actually in RI would be good. :) Then after a brief return to Boston, the next stop will be...C3!!! :D

22. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Kewl! I joined the Rebels after the Vader tour got started, so it'll be great to see this bit of FanForce history in person at the meet. :D

23. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Glad to see Vader made it "home". Looking forward to showing him the sites!

24. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Okay folks, Vader begins his trek around Rhode Island this weekend. Suggestions needed now! Also, if you wish to travel with Jeff and I on his journey, leave us a PM. Sun-Tues will be Vader's travel days.

25. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Vader is headed to Newport! Sunday Moby and I are going to Newport to take some pictures with the Vader.

Our adventure starts around 9.30AM at my house, when Moby and I head out. I've already PMed a couple of people. If you would be interested let me know. Anymore then a few and we'll have to caravan down there. Which wouldn't be a problem.

Try to let me know ASAP if you are interested. PM if you are or post here, if you need directions let me know as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.