main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Vader World Tour

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by BYOB_Kenobi, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    TK7771 suggested something very interesting in the CR forum. His Fan Force group came up with the idea to send a 12" Darth Vader figure around the world and have his picture taken with each Fan Force near a local landmark. :D I figured you guys would get a kick out of this, so I submitted my address to recieve Darth so that we could participate.

I can see lots of interesting spin-offs of this. More than likely, there should be a website gallery to document Darth's travels, and if Lucasfilm gets wind of it, it could quite possibly land a spot on starwars.com. I don't know what's to come of Darth once he's been around the world, but I'll keep you posted.

Would anyone like to make suggestions for the Milwaukee landmark Darth should visit?

2. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    This is a neat idea. It reminds me of this guy who makes tiny ceramic sheep and gets people to take them to places all over the globe. They just leave the sheep wherever they were with only a picture for proof. There have been sheep on the Great Wall of China, the Eiffel Tower, in the Tower of London, on Hoover Dam, etc... I assume after a while they are blown off, or maybe even taken off by persons or animals.

As for places? Good question. I suppose we want someplace indicative of Milwaukee. There's Miller Park, the Hoan Bridge, Miller Valley, or -- hey!! Wouldn't it be neat to take a picture at the MAM, since it was the site of the Milwookie Fan Force's inaugrial meeting? Or there's the Mitchell Park Domes, the Oriental Theater. There are tons more places, I know. I just can't think of them right now. A little help??!

3. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Someone else has done this with a full sized Tom Servo, I don't remember where I saw it though.

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    You're missing the obvious. Darth should go to Leon's. Why not take the man for some ice cream where Happy Days was inspired.

Marcy

5. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Summerfest gates, or any bar and buy him a beer.

6. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    These suggestions are all so great I'm tempted to just do them all. [face_devil]

7. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Miller Brewery tour--a picture in front of one of the big copper kettles would be cool. Or perhaps the Zoo--the Empire hated non-humans, after all. Plus we could all fit in the camera shot!

8. Outlander_

Apr 11, 2002
    We haven't had a poll in a while. Should we create one? Or should we have a poll to see if we should have a poll? :)

9. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    No, I don't think we should have a poll. I'd rather hear each individual's own ideas than make the group pick from a predetermined list.

10. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    In front of the Calatrava would be really cool. However, I think we need to find a place, like a cheese factory, that is indicative of Wisconsin...not just Milwaukee. How about in a pasture with cows in the background?

11. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Or a tannery!

Jeff

12. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    I think a poll would be great. It's too bad we can't take pictures INSIDE the new part of the art museum FOR FREE or it'd look like he was back in ESB

13. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    What a cool idea! I think taking Darth on the Brewery Tour would be cool. It can also be made into a Milwookie Counil event, if we want! :) There's my two cents!

14. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    "...we can't take pictures INSIDE the new part of the art museum FOR FREE..."

[image=http://www.intothevoid.com/vampires/gary1.jpg]
    Whatchoo talkin'bout, Willis?

15. Outlander_

Apr 11, 2002
    If we do a brewery, can we use Sprecher or Lakefront? If I remember right, the Miller tour didn't even include the brew tanks in the main tour. They started with the distribution center, then packaging, then the "cave", then the tasting room. Then they said we could go see the brew tanks if we wanted to, but they kind of discourage you by saying "its hot and there are a lot of stairs". Since I was with my somewhat elderly parents at the time, we opted to not go see the tanks.

16. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I'd prefer Sprecher or Lakefront over Miller just based on principle.

17. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Agreed.

18. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I have three words for you:

MARS CHEESE CASTLE.

I think we could make a day of it, taking photos of it all over, and see what comes out the best, or submit them all. Maybe we should decide if we want to go with "What people think of Milwaukee," or "the image Milwaukee wants to portray." A Harley factory would be cool too. The one in Menomonee Falls has a great sign. Vader's a Harley type guy I think.

- Dwayne

19. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    This is such a cool idea. I think the Harley Davidson idea is fabulous since it was based out of Milwaukee and known around the world. I also like the art museum idea or Miller Park.

20. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I think that the Harley idea is great or Miller Park.

21. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Behold! the first two images, here and here. :D

22. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    This is goona be so much fun

Ben

23. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Where were those pics taken, Tom? I can't tell the city...

24. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Boston, the origin of the Darth Vader figure that's being mailed around.

25. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I apologize for the breach in protocol, but the new CR of Boston Rebels wanted to check on you guys...next stop on the Darth Vader World Tour.

starwarschick14, if you need anything else...Darth Jurist is the one you'd need to contact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.