main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Vader World Tour

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Sep 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    This from the Boston CR. I have already sent my address for our chapter to participate in this event! So stay tuned for when we'll get him...

Hey all,
    A member of our chapter came up with a really cool idea, and I think alot of you may agree.

What we wanna do is send a 12" Darth Vader figure to each official chapter in FF, and have his picture taken with the group by some kind of landmark,in that city or area.

It would start here in Boston,we take a pic of us with Vader.We send it off ,say NYC,they take a pic with it and then send it off to the next chapter on the list.and so on,and so on,you get the point.

We will include in the box,the Vader figure (obviously),a couple of disposable cameras,and the mailing list so you know who to send it next.

Now in order to do this we are gonna need some mailing addresses from you guys.If you would like to have Vader stop by your neck of the woods,please PM me a mailing address so we can put you on the list.

We believe this is a really cool way to have a little fun within FanForce.

2. Jacen_Solo3

Jacen_Solo3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2001
    I think this is a really great idea...and everyone from this area of PA knows that there are a lot of things of both historic and general interest. I vote YES!

3. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    This would be great.
    We could get a photo in Valley Forge!

Have fun!

4. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    We were thinking about the Valley Forge National Park entrance sign and/or the Liberty Bell.

:)

5. JediElfQueen

JediElfQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    How about in front of the Rocky statue?

*hehehe*

Kidding... I like the Liberty Bell idea too...

6. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    [face_laugh]

That would be classic!

Have fun.

7. Mil-jata

Mil-jata Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    That would be cool, Ha we could even do one in Delaware right next to the-----uhh--uhh, well.... forget the Delaware idea.

Tim
    (Delaware Boy)

8. JediElfQueen

JediElfQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    *hehe* yeah, we could do more than one, why not??

Are we going to do this in costume? If so, the Liberty Bell idea might now work as well... I just went a month ago with my son and there's a ton of security all over the place. If we walked in there with our costumes, I doubt they'd let us through... :(

Julia

9. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    Why not a picture somewhere in the Mutter Museum? Imagine, Darth Vader next to the skeleton of the largest man. Oops,I forgot, I live in L.A. I just like to post here because your City Rep is awesome!

10. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Latest Update:
    Vader is coming to the PORFF for the first week or two of Novemeber.
    We need to lock down a location, date and time for a group photo shoot in the first or second weekend.

Let's get those ideas going!

Have fun!

11. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    He is? :confused:

Just so you guys know,the mailing order hasnt even been set yet.The deadline for submission is this sat @ midnight.Once thats done we will put the list together.

he will be sent out by Halloween,but i dont know right now when you guys will be receiving him.I'll post the list in FF communications.Keep an eye on the thread in there over the next couple weeks.

And thanks again for helping out on this :)

12. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Woops.
    My bad. Jumping the gun on some info that came my way.

Guess will have to wait for the specific dates to be locked in before planning further.

Have fun!

13. Jacen_Solo3

Apr 24, 2001
    hey...i don't know if this is all still a go...but i have a solution to the liberty bell dillema...if there is one...The liberty bell was stored right here in allentown during the war for independence and the church it was stored at is still standing, there is a replica of the liberty bell there and there is virtually no security. there would most likely not be any problem with photographs and we may even be able to reserve a time to go...let me know if this is good or not..i can start making calls then.

14. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Ok, everyone stay tuned - we may have the Big DV really soon. If we do get him around Halloween weekend, mark your calendars to do a group photo on Saturday, Nov 9 from about 11am-1:30pm. We will do several photos at the following locations:

Valley Forge National Park sign
    QVC Studios
    PA turnpike sign near KofP

Rob has also graciously offered to get a pic of the Big DV by himself on the steps of the Art Museum in "Rocky" pose.

15. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Rick,
    Thanks for your suggestion. After a Council meeting yesterday we decided the group shots should stay with suburban Philly landmarks. Unfortunately Allentown is quite a ways for some of our members to travel since they have family obligations on Saturdays and that is the only day to get all of the officers in the shot. If you can get down we'd love to see you. Trains come in at Lansdale, and Devon (near me). I'm sure we could arrange to have someone pick you up from the station.

16. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Just realized...

Since we're talking about the KoP turnpike sign, we really should think about crossing the street and getting a photo at Dick Clark's American Bandstand.

AB is a distinctly Philly area institution, plus we've held at least two different meetings there.

Have fun!

17. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    That's true, we have had a couple of meetings there, maybe we can talk them into letting us take pics in costume inside. It's not like we don't spend lots of money there!!!LOL

18. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    hi all!
    just a note: we will *not* be getting the big dv in time for a photo shoot this weekend. please stay tuned. as soon as i know anything at all i will post it here. just be prepared for any time in the weeks leading up to thanksgiving.

thanks!
    J

19. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Update: Boston is shipping the Big DV off to NYC tomorrow, 11/12, then Long Island gets him. Boston is figuring a week for each visit, which means we'll most likely get him around Thanksgiving week. I'd like as many people to come out for the pictures as possible, so save the Saturday or Sunday after Thanksgiving for a couple hours of pics!

J

20. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Well SWNYC has the Big DV right now. They should be shipping him off to Long Island sometime at the end of this week. That means we'll have him the week of Thanksgiving sometime. Stay tuned....

21. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Here is one pic from FAO last night...

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/merlynny/faolightupalife/websize/IM000050.JPG]

Our Life Sized Darth "Zippy" Vader and the Traveling Vader taking last night at FAO Schwartz.

22. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Ok, it looks like Long Island is mailing the Big DV to us around Dec. 17. That means we'd have him just in time for our Holiday Party. Let's tentatively schedule Dec 21 for our big photo shoot around the area. I know a lot of you are busy but let's really try to get a good group out for this. :)

23. Jacen_Solo3

Apr 24, 2001
    Good News...It's looking good for me being there for the photos. My fingers are still crossed...and i'll keep you all updated.

24. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    He's coming.... :)

25. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    He is on the shuttle now. ETA Thursday, December 19.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.