main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Vader's New Look (Rebels)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Saxman, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Kentoa I think Lee is very evil looking. Saruman and Dooku have made me biased though.

2. Darth Saxman

Darth Saxman Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Star Wars Uprising..................the latest example of how a fresh team for Rebels (instead of a carry-over of The Clone Wars team) could have led to no overly emotive / scowly Vader and a much more vibrant, fresh art style. Also, nothing too far out there such as skinny wookies and Pink mandalorians. Oh, and the Hutt speaks Huttese and not Louisiana-accented English.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even from the little that we've been shown of this game, the new characters and art style resonate so much more with me as "authentic Star Wars" than Rebels or TCW. It just oozes the atmosphere of the OT and holds a sense of maturity that Star Wars used to have, before it devolved into strictly Disney-fied cartoons with over-accentuated emotions and facial features.

But of course, this is too photo-realistic for a kids show and/or way too expensive for Disney to fund for their 1 canon animated series, right?

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I still don't know what's wrong exactly with a pink Mandalorian. We've had blue, green, red, yellow... Why not pink?

4. Darth Saxman

Nov 6, 2012
    For the same reason that [we hope] Vader doesn't put this on during Rebels:

[​IMG]

or this

[​IMG]

And let's not forget Stormtroopers:

[​IMG]

Oh, and the original Pink Boba Fett:

[​IMG]

Do we want these in Star Wars canon? I don't mean the outlier or comedy things, but the main storyline bridging Episodes III and IV???

For those who don't mind, you are a whole different type of Star Wars fan than me, and the future seems to be yours, as long as Filoni and Kinberg are calling the shots...............

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  5. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Sabine is not Boba Fett. Her painting her armour pink is specific to the character. It doesn't affect Boba Fett in the slightest.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  6. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015
    Darth Saxman

To say I don't follow your reasoning would be a massive understatement. Again: why is pink a bad colour?
    The German Panzertruppe rolled over Europe with pink being its colour of arms, and it still is pink today. And Filoni had no say in that.

Also, Sabine features merely two stripes of pink, the more dominant colour of her armour is Pantone 7421 - which is 'at worst' a dark pink, but rather a shade of purple. And even that is a minority among the grey, beige, and brown. See here:

[​IMG]

jabberwalkie and jakobitis89 like this.
  7. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Exactly. There being pink on Sabine's armour is because Sabine loves garish colours and patterns, including pink. She's artistic and independent and expresses it through art, including her armour. It's got nothing to do with Fett or any other Mandalorian who isn't Sabine. Her punk aesthetic is about her, and her alone.

Iron_lord and Zer0 like this.
  8. Darth Saxman

Nov 6, 2012
    Sabine's pink outfit is not that big of a deal, and I appreciate that it is central to her character

My main reason for posting in here today was the recent art style of Star Wars Uprising

Wouldn't find a scowly Vader in there, and the art style evokes very strong OT vibes instead of Disney vibes with Star wars "skin" over the top

Fresh blood for Rebels season 1 could have yielded an art style of that quality or even better, with a more neutral tone for the fanbase at large, while still remaining fresh and interesting

9. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    To be honest with you... I really don't care. You don't like the art style of Rebels. I get that. I have no time, need nor desire to go back around that little black hole of repetition and redundancy yet again.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  10. Darth Saxman

Nov 6, 2012
    Not needed. You've had more than enough warnings to back off with the condescension and non constructive arguments. Time to chill out.

11. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
  12. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    It's not pink. It's "light red."

Also, are we back to arguing about our artistic preferences? Because that never gets old.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  13. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    It does look 'pinker' in the actual show for whatever reason, from memory. But it's not exactly Barbie-with-a-blaster in any case.

Kassius Konstantine likes this.
  14. Darth Amr

Darth Amr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2015
    TCW didn't start off that great then as it progressed it became amazing. I say give Rebels a chance one season doesn't suffice

15. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Does anyone besides me need a new irony meter after seeing someone bash Rebels Vader for not looking right then posting that image for "Uprising" and it's StormVader helmet?

16. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Or how the central character in the first image is undeniably modeled directly from Han Solo.......

Darthmaul208 and Octavian Dibar like this.
  17. Darth Amr

Darth Amr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2015
    Vader's helmet doesn't even deserve this kind of viewer discussion.

Pfluegermeister and jakobitis89 like this.
  18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Sabine's color is a maroon or burgundy but the weathering and lighting makes it look pinkish or a pinkish red pr whatever. Maybe Sabine mixed paint for desired effect I dont know. Filoni I think released some sorta cosplay guide for her and mentioned the colors.

19. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015
    Well, considering how many times you have mentioned it, I was under the impression it meant something to you, but thanks for the clarification.

I have often wondered why the colours in the show often don't seem to match the official colour guide... But yes, the point is that Sabine is not a pinky, girly Barbie doll with a blaster.

Yes, the one I just posted above.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  20. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    I figure Sabine takes more of the Jackson Pollock approach to armour deco: it looks like someone just went nuts with a spray can but there's actually artistic intent in there that you just don't get, man. Then again my main theory for Vader's New Look (hey look, back on topic. Darn I'm good.) is that he was so darn angry and scowled so freaking hard he inadvertently used the Force on his own helmet and bent it out of shape.

(I think I might have a serious problem.)

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    When did you become a mod?

22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    If you're not joking, then that was Todd the Jedi's bold text editing in a warning.

Kassius Konstantine, ah ok, I must've glanced over your reply, but yeah.

23. Darth Saxman

Nov 6, 2012

LOL not a warning and not my post - - Todd banned me for the day [face_pig]

24. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    they've always stylized the characters compared to the film counterparts. Look at Anakin's nose in TCW or C3PO, or the two inch space between Count Dooku's nose and lip. Still, i like ROTS Vader mask the best, with the downward sloped cheeks.

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I think Vader's armor was just something the Republic/Imperial scientists and designers came up with probably Sidious had some body armor in mind for Vader that would've been wearing that was similar to the Clone trooper bits of custom armor the Jedi were sporting during the early part of the CW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.