main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DARTH VADER'S PSYCHIC HOTLINE

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by TheRealFennShysa, Feb 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Gehenna

Darth_Gehenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Sigh, you can't download.

2. poorturtle

poorturtle Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2001
    i think that's the greatest easter egg i've ever seen (the delorian).

funny stuff. bravo, bravo.

3. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    I think while in the technical aspect it was funny, I think it wasn't too funny using already existing lines that Vader says in the movies. If they were new material it would probably work better.

I applaud your effort and great technical skills! The video could have been shorter though. It kinda dragged after a while knowing I'd be hearing more existing Vader lines, made it predictable.

I'm not bashing on you, I really liked your technical work! Keep it up!

4. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Ryan:
    Well, it was the actual Vader lines that gave Lowell the idea in the first place, and everything sprung from that... mainly because *so many* of his lines sounded like the crap you'd get from a "psychic reader"... that was what we were shooting for...
    And it wasn't all original Vader dialogue... granted, it may have based on something from the films, but not *all* Vader... :D

Oh well... diff'rent strokes, diff'rent folks... and as for shorter, there's a lot of stuff we didn't use... got the makings of a good behind-the-scenes/outtake reel in that... :) but there's not much in this now I'd really want to cut out...

Fenn

5. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    Well I know it wasn't EXACTLY word for word...

Anyway I hope you're not angry at me. Don't think I hated it, it was a great idea and I did enjoy it!

6. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    No, not angry at all... didn't mean to come across that way... just wanted to get across our justification for using the Vader lines the way we did... :D

Fenn - watched about half of the Toy Wars thing today... liked the bike/truck chase...

7. Bastion

Bastion Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    Fenn, are you talking to yourself again?! ;)

8. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    I was going to reply WTF? until I saw that my P.S. up above to NienNumb1 got appended to my signature... whups...
    Talking to my typos, maybe... :D

Fenn

9. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    I knew there was something creepy about him....

:D

10. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
  11. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    I noticed that this morning! You're famous!!! So how does it feel to be the next Macomber/Nutley?

12. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    Fenn- CONGRATS on your press coverage!!! Wish you the best of luck on your entry :)

Also thanks for the comment on the Toy Wars movie so far. It's sooooo old.. HAHAH!!! It's 4 years behind what I am currently able and have access to do, but appreciate it!

13. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    Y'know, it's odd... I don't know if any of the other contestants are getting treated this way, but I've been getting lots of furious emails for even daring to enter this contest... they've ranged from personal attacks on my and my friends' character to telling me I had no business being in the contest becuase of my job or threats to report me to Lucasfilm for copyright infringement (there's one yahoo who seems tho think I've got footage from TESB and ROTJ playing on the monitors behind Vader... TESB*Y* maybe, but that's with permission)...

Maybe it's just because this is a competition as opposed to having something hosted here at TF.N, but this is ludicrous... never got anything near this vicious over Crazy Watto... and makes you wonder also when the few negative reviews I've gotten on Atom have almost all been anonymous...

Oh well, whatever happens, happens... makes you wonder about people, tho... but I'll send out a big "Thanks!" to those who *have* supported me and Vader this far... only six more days of this... :D

Fenn

14. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    Well, only one more day until the voting is over... so if you haven't, I'd like to encourage you to please cast your vote for DARTH VADER'S PSYCHIC HOTLINE! Remember, this is the one that sorta sticks it to the rules of the contest on behalf of some of the fiction fanfilms that were excluded, as I was able to sneak DOTF, TESBY, and KNIGHTQUEST in on the monitors... :D

So please, go to this link (the reviews aren't votes) and cast a vote for the Z-Team crew and DARTH VADER'S PSYCHIC HOTLINE! We'd certainly appreciate it....

Here endeth the shameless self-promotion....

Fenn

15. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    Resurrecting an old thread for some cool news...

I was informed today by AtomFilms that Vader's Hotline just passed its 100,000th download... :eek: Holy smokes! I knew we'd done well (still in the top 5 comedies on the entire site), but never expected a number like that... I'm still a little shocked... :D

Fenn
    and thanks again to everyone who voted for it...

16. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    Resurrecting an old thread once again...

I'll be showing Darth Vader's Psychic Hotline (as well as the premiere of The Jedi Hunter)and some behind the scenes stuff on the making of it at DragonCon this Saturday night... the panel on the making of fanfilms is 8:30pm Saturday, and the showings (along with other films) start around 10pm...
    I'll have some DVPH stuff to give away as well... :cool: So if you're at the con, come on down to the MOTF track in the Dunwoody room, and we'll *try* to entertain you... :D

Fenn

17. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    Try? *scoffs* we will SUCCEED, John Boy. :)

-Chris

18. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    Chris:
    I think we can now safely say that we *did* entertain them... :D

And in another bit of shameless self-promotion, the Internet Movie Database has a listing up for Darth Vader's Psychic Hotline now, and I'd like to encourage those of you who enjoyed it to head over there and give us your rating and/or comments, if you feel like it...
    If you didn't like it, well, I can't stop you from saying your piece either... :D

Fenn

19. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    What the hell is up with that: "If you liked this title, we recommend..."
    And do you see what it recommends? A movie 33 years before Star Wars?

Well, I suppose someone thought it was a good idea.

Anywho, are you sure that using Claudia Christen as a voice and using the same font used by Babylon 5 was a coincidence? ;)
    (call it an easter egg and pat yourself on the back)

20. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I finally got to see this with this bump. Very funny!

M. Scott

21. DorkmanScott

Mar 26, 2001
    EDIT: When was I double posting before?

Or was that a pun? :p

M. Scott

22. DarthFoole

DarthFoole Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2001
    You're double-posting again, Scott.

23. DarthFoole

DarthFoole Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2001
    You're double-posting again, Scott.

24. DorkmanScott

Mar 26, 2001
    ^ [face_laugh]

M. Scott

25. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    Boskone:
    I have NO idea what's up with that "recommendation" from the IMDB... I'm going to try and get that changed soon... :D and as for the font thing... it's called Serpentine, and while it *was* used on B5, I used it because I liked it... I actually had it on the temp credits even before Claudia came on board...

Dorkman:
    Glad you enjoyed it...

Fenn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.