Darth Vader's World Tour!!

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by TK7771, Sep 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Vader is in Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX and should be leaving for his next stop at the beginning of the week.
  2. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sweet! Thanks for the info.

I just worry about the little guy :(
  3. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Not to worry. I promise no harm shall come to him.
  4. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Does every FF get to participate in this?
  5. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    The tour is already booked. There was a sign up for the tour when it was first proposed last year.

At this point we can't add anymore stops.
  6. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
  7. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    So... Where is he now?
  8. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    He's on his way to OC. I was informed yesterday that he'd been sent off.
  9. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    ok, thats cool. Just remember to post here when you get him and when you ship him off again.

i really dont understand why its so hard for people to do that, its not like you arent here everyday anyway!!

Also remember you get him for 2 weeks, no more! then ship him off to the next town.This tour has taken far to long as it is now.
  10. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I have just received Vader. I noticed San Francisco is listed as next and then Provo. Is he suppose to go to San Francisco? The map, along with the list, on the Darth Vader World Tour website would seem to suggest otherwise.
  11. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    No he goes to Provo,Utah. San Francisco was removed from the list earlier in the year.
  12. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    May I ask why San Francisco was removed from the list? They have a Chapter Rep and quite a large and active club and I'm sure they would love to participate. I know the address for the Chapter Rep also.
  13. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I'd rather not get into all the details here.But it was back when the original San Francisco chapter decided to leave FanForce. Being as this is a FanForce thing they were removed.

It has nothing to do with the new chapter, I'm sure they are all lovely people.
  14. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    Rumor has it that some chapters are thinking of intercepting Vader between other chapters on the list.

Please dont do this.

I know there have been alot of new chapters that popped up since the tour started, and they all wanna get in on it.But it wouldnt be fair to have the next chapter on the list wait even longer then they need to just cause you arent on the list.

If you wanna bein the pics that badly, we strongly suggest you try and team up with another Chapter.Not only would you be able to participate in the tour, but who knows, you may even make some great friends in the process.

Also, have heard another rumor about someone sending out another Vader.That idea in itself is so un-original its pathetic.It totally lessen the whole idea of the tour.

We started this in an attempt to have a little fun between movies for FanForce. And to be honest with you,I'm a little disappointed in some of you.At first we said only 1 week.But we changed it to 2 weeks to give you more time to get together.Some chapters have held on to him for close to if not over a month.Thats not fair to the rest.Everyone who's on the list knows they are getting him and has had plenty of time to organize a day and time to prepare for it.As it stands right now, I honestly doubt there will be time to send him overseas now due to the time this tour has taken to get where he is now. If everyone stuck to the schedule he would/should be back here by now, And preparing his trip overseas.Now personally i dont think thats fair to our fellow fans in other countries, dont ya think?

Look, I hate to sound like a dick about this whole thing.Its just that we wanted to do something fun for eveyone and it looks like it has been taken advantage of it.So I ask you to please stick to the original plan and just have fun.Those who havent gotten him yet plan ahead of time.Pick your picture spots now.And remember, have fun with it.

Thanks for listening.And I'm sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention.
  15. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Originally Tucson AZ was on the list (as Touscon, AZ ). I don't see it on the list anymore. Why?
  16. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    I was asked back in Feburary to take you guys off the list by TD0690. Not sure of the reasoning behind it. You may wanna ask him.
  17. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OH [face_plain] . . . Well, is there anyway that either Tucson or Phoenix could be added in. I know that it's been talked about by both fanforces.
  18. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    Unfortunately, the answer is no.

The reason behind it is. The tour has already started. Adding new stops along the way would only confuse things.

Plus, your not the only one who has asked to be added after the tour has started, and it wouldnt be fair to add you and not them. If we would do something like that for one chapter we'd have to do it for all chapters. Just trying to be fair.

I'm truly sorry you will miss the tour.But (if can be done), try and hook up with a chapter closeto you that is on the list and make it a dual chapter event.
  19. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    You live in our board enough anyway Jada, you're welcome to stop over and help us out with our pics when we get him in about a month :)
  20. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks, OW. . . I'm not sure I can scrounge the fundage to get myself, the TFF and the PFF to Denver . . . but you never know!
  21. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Vader is on his way to Provo, UT FF. His shuttle left at around 1:30pm PST.
  22. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    I will do a major VWT page update very soon. The map has been updated, as well as the city on the home page, but I need to go in and add all the pictures of Vader at his stops in the SouthWest and CA.
  23. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    LordJedi- Thanks for the update. Hope you guys had fun. Can't wait to see the pics :D

24. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Everybody,

We are looking forward to Lord Vader's arrival with great anticipation! We'll post photos ASAP. :D

Later,
  25. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Everybody,

Lord Vader's shuttle arrived safely this afternoon.

Later,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.