main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Whatshisname?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by MasterRaina, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterRaina

MasterRaina Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2011
    Hi guys!

Like alot of SW fans, I have written a few fan fictions here and there. It's nothing major. To be honest, legions of fans have created their own little EU sagas and--like mine--from a literary standpoint they probably suck. LOL! It's okay to admit to this. It's all about having fun, not proving you're the next Stephen King (or whichever prolific writer you prefer).
    Having said that, I find creating new "Darth" characters is one of the greatest joys in writing fan fiction. Hopefully, a strong, compelling concept for this new Darth (or Darths) will find it's way into your mind, b/c without that a cool name is worthless.
    And a cool name is what this thread is about! I just wanted to post--and encourage others to also do so--fun "Darth" names that I have used in my fan fics. So, w/o further blathering, I have used these names:

Darth Abominal
    Darth Infernal
    Darth Miserra
    Darth Necrul
    Darth Nemesis

:)

2. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    I wanted a Darth Sunshine and Darth Moonbeam, but my writing buddy wouldn't allow it. :p

3. MasterRaina

Mar 11, 2011
    Lol funny. Sith Lords aren't known for their "sunny" disposition.

4. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Mine was.

5. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    Sulfuron and Desolace (both lifted from World of Warcraft) were both used by me in the past.

6. MasterRaina

Mar 11, 2011
    Those are pretty good, even if they are from WoW. Also, something else fun about Darth names is that you don't have to be concerned with whether they are too derivative or not--because that's the point! lol.

:)

7. MasterRaina

Mar 11, 2011
    Oh almsot forgot. I also used to use the name Darth Maelus. Malice spelled weird...see whut I did thar? But I dumped it b/c Darth Malak was already similar and then Bioware added Darth Malgus for SW:TOR. Started feeling too familiar...

8. Harpalyce

Harpalyce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 19, 2010
    Right now I only have Darth Allecto - Allecto being one of the Furies from Greek mythology. Still undecided as to what to call an OC sith lady of mine, though Darth Ishtar is winning.

9. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    And she hasn't even posted in this thread! :p

Writing mostly within the limits of The Saga, I don't write many original Sith. Only one I can think of is Darth Infieron (there's a whole pyrokinesis thing to make it extra-on-the-nose), and he was pretty much a flashback device.

10. MasterRaina

Mar 11, 2011
    I'm not sure why you are assuming there is no room within The Saga for new Darths. Every time a new comic or game comes out: new Darths. There are spans of galactic history consisting of hundreds or even thousands of years of which not much is solidly known. Limitless new Jedi and Sith there. Yes?

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Darth Dynonychus was one of the antagonists in my fic Aaquilin and Darrin and she had a lightsaber with the claw of a Darrin (a vicious creature)

12. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    I have never really come up with good Darth names; the ones I can think of that I've used are Darth Kassus and Darth Scelerous. I'm sure there have been other, equally awful ones. :)

13. MasterRaina

Mar 11, 2011
    Hahaha those aren't that bad. Use the ones I posted if you like. Or not. :)

14. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    Darth Dynoychus sounds like a certain clawed Theropod dinosaur...

15. MasterKenobi1138

MasterKenobi1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2008
    I wanted to use Darth Malus until I realized that there already was one in canon (technically speaking), but I liked the sound of the name, so I now prefer to use Darth Calus (or perhaps Darth Calous).

16. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Is it sad that when I first saw this thread, I instantly thought of that flash video about the Sith rejects. "Darth means in!"

Darth Decent Exposure is by far my favorite. [face_laugh]

However, on a more serious note, I often lift names from Doctor Who. In one of my stories, Obi-Wan is running around with the Sith name Vashta Narada. I think that's how it's spelled. I can't really remember now. But I thought it was appropriate as the Vashta Narada are microscopic alien life forms that life in the dark and devour things whole within seconds.

17. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Darth Vorago (Latin, "pit, abyss") is the only Sith name I ever created. It was for a story during The Third Great Schism, but that story was never written. Still, not a half-bad Darth name.

18. dreven_Aarkanin

dreven_Aarkanin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2010
    Darth Kandrak. boom. :p

19. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Darth Myrkr. Darth means dark and Myrkr means Darkness in Icelandic. Henceforth, the Sith's name would be Dark Darkness.

20. Twilek_Aide

Twilek_Aide Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    Darthcula (Sith Lord Dracula)
    Darth Redav (Vader spelt backwards)

Kidding!

I get the feeling this has been used but it's the best one I can think off; Darth Nexus.

21. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    In next part of my epic Quagmire, there will be a Darth Nejda... Comes from 'Yoda', that sounds like 'oh, yes' in swedish and danish - so I thought that an 'oh no'= 'nej da' would be very fitting for a Sith...

Apart from taht, I await a chance to call Darth Sidious for Darth Hideous or Darth Serious...[face_mischief]

22. Harpalyce

Harpalyce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 19, 2010
    Good to see this thread back up *g*

Right now I've settled on Darth Hedonia for the sith character I'm playing around with. Her 'common name' is Astoret - referencing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asherah - and Hedonia - well, you can probably guess. We haven't really seen a Sith who is all about passion (in a more sexual sense), so it should be interesting to play around with... whenever I eventually get there!

23. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I have a large plot bunny hopping around (perhaps related to the bunny in Monty Python and the Holy Grail) involving a Sith Order founded by a failed apprentice of Lumiya's that, rather than focusing on galactic domination, instead becomes a shadow organization doing "dirty jobs" the Jedi can't touch. I named six Sith from that group, given its tenure from the YV war into the Legacy era:

Darth Cain (takeoff from my username)
    Darth Iren (Old English for "sword," given she's a Tapani saber rake and Form II expert)
    Darth Scea (Old English for "shadow;" as the character's a Clawdite I made nods to both the Shadow and Mystique)
    Darth Grim (from grimoire, given he's an archaeologist and expert in both Sith Alchemy and Yuuzhan Vong shaping)
    Darth Tempest
    Darth Valkyr

I also came up with some members of the One Sith to act as opposition for Darth Tempest and Darth Valkyr in the Legacy Era:

Darth Scrye (an Umbaran spymaster and manipulator)
    Darth Nychus (a Tiss'shar; for laughs I was going to have his reaction to being ambushed as "Clever girl.")
    Darth Keres
    Darth Magpyr (an Anzati nod to Terry Pratchett's Carpe Jugulum)
    Darth Stygian

And along the lines of Darth Magpyr, I was hoping to make a throwaway reference to the long-gone Darth Vetinari ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.