main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive ><><DarthSinister's><>< Paint Art UPDATE 6-18-06 GrandAdmiralThrawn

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by XXDarthSinisterXX, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XXDarthSinisterXX

XXDarthSinisterXX Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
  2. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Beautiful work, Darth! :) I particularly liked Darth Sistra; the little curls at the corners of her mouth are a neat touch!

I can't wait to see some more. :)

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Your work is wonderful ><><Darth Sinister><><! I agree with some of the comments in your link: that your images have "weight" and "volume"--very good color and shading. I think my favs are Darth Vile (he really looks nasty!) Crimson Jack and Darth Sestra (and c_c is right--the "curl tattoos," if that's what they are--are a wonderful touch--particularly on the face of a Sith!)
    Keep posting--it's great work! :)

FF

4. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Thanks everyone. Chick and Falcon the curls on Sestra's mouth are tatoos. She was a character in an RPG, of sorts, that we used to occupy our time with in the linked forums. Darth Vile was also to be a character but before we could let either one out the bag the RPG crumbled due to all of our time constraints. It was a kind of make-it-up as you go-along story. RPG example

Sestra's signature Force power was to be a pheromone type attraction that could enable her to manipulate people to do her bidding.
    Vile's power was as repulsive as his appearance he could sicken an opponent to nausua, to incapacitation and death if he's really mad. He comes from far out in the wilderness of the Galaxy and his spieces in unknown to the Republic.

Thanks again gang.

5. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Jaxxon looks like he's been from one side of the galaxy and back. Cool art Sinister keep it up.

6. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    I really liked Thrawn and especially Darth Sestra. Hoping to see more of your stuff soon!

7. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    I loved Thrawn! Very nice work!

8. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    I loved Thrawn! Very nice work!

You would. :p But yes, Thrawn is awesome. :)

9. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Oh! I thought I responded to this thread allready...

Anyway, I too, love your thrawn. It's much much closer to how I imagin him then a lot of fan art I've seen. Kudos!

10. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Daankin, I'm glad you noticed Jaxxon's rough exterior! That was exactly what I had in mind when I was working on him. I could see him in a dark corner of Mos Eisley's cantina gambeling and boozing it up.

If you like the Marvel Comic stuff, keep your eyes open I've got a few more coming.

11. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Hi folks I have a mid week update. Follow the usual link and scroll to the end of the page for the latest post.

Sinister's Paint Art

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Whoa! Those are fantastic, DS!! The likenesses are perfect--almost photographic, in a way, but embellished with almost a 1930s-feel to the artistic style--beautiful! I especially love the uniforms--where do you get your inspiration for them? (I really liked the style of Thrawn's uniform, too--they're all very original and very authentic-looking [i.e., very "Star Wars!] ) Great work! =D=

FF

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I've seen your other thread and I was amazed there how you were able to render these characters in Paint and now you've even managed to capture the likenesses of well-known people. I'm assuming that's a young Alec Guiness(that's who it looks like) and having Sean Connery as a Jedi is awesome! It looks just like them! I'm amazed! I hope you're able to share more of these with us! :D

14. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Both pictures were done with a photo reference. I used one photo of Connery that I liked, Alec Guiness was not as easy though. Photo's of him when he was younger are scarce so I had to use two or three different ones and kind-of combine them. It's a tedious venture because a lot of the work is done zoomed in to the max and I have to keep zooming out to see the smaller reference I paste along side.
    Those two are some of the first ones I did so I've actually gotten a little better at the process. Below is a link to an unfinished, scraped idea. It may look a little choppy because I had to shrink it down and change it from a bit to a jpeg. It'll give you an idea of how I start out and how much it changes from the final picture. This one was done with NO reference material.
    UNFINISHED

15. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
  16. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    I just got a chance to look at your gallery, and I really love the character you bring to your... characters. The way you color them is really cool as well, it reminds me for some reason of those sorta 60s.. kinda a little Esher feel to it maybe, I dunno.. I can't believe you draw these all in paint too, incredible, hope you keep posting.

17. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    A Two-fer Tuesday update. The first is Jaxxon's old pal Amazia from the early days of Marvel Comics. The other is an evil bounty hunter named Tai Shekk. His modified Stormtrooper armor braggs Force sensitive weapontry, supplied by none other than the Sith.

Scroll to the end of the page.

03/29 UPDATE

18. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

i love all your work, but my favorite has to be the Thrawn one and the Darth Vile one. pretty cool. :)

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...the new one of the woman looks awefully familiar, but for some reason I can't pinpoint who that is. :p I also like the design of your RPG character. The customized stormtrooper armor is really nice. ;)

20. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Hey Han do you mean who was Amazia modeled after? Her face is Sarah M. Gellar, the body is not.
    Is everyone familiar with the Marvel characters I've been visualizing? I was 11yrs when Star Wars ANH came out so I grew up with "Marvel Star Wars". I always somewhat disliked the stories and always dispised the artwork, but I saw potential in almost all the characters. I know some younger fans may be unaware of them so this link is to a site that can tell you a little about it.

The Lost Star Warriors

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!!

21. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Here are two new editions, tell me what you guys think. They are kind of a re-imagining of The Phantom Menace.

Sinister's Art II

22. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Very cool style! I like the accuracy of the likenesses combined with the decorative feel.

23. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    Those are great pieces. I have to take a closer look at Paint and try to do something like that myself. I mean those are awesome!

Marmida

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I really like the re-design of the podracer. It looks more menacing and a heck of a lot faster than what we were shown in the final film.

Your Skywalker portrait is also handled very well. It just really amazing how you are able to capture such detail in just a simple program like paint.

25. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Thanks everyone, and to think I held back for months on posting this art work because I didn't think it was that good. I still have several left to post but I'm running out fast. I need to find some time to create more, I'm in the process of re-modeling my home and it's very time consuming so hopefully I can squeeze a few new ones out here or there.

Anakin's racer in TPM was never that impressive to me, I thought it should look more like a 1970's American muscle car. After much thought the digital painting you see is what I came up with. Hood scoop and all.
    I also didn't think that Anakin should have been characterized the way he was in TPM. The character Kitster Skywalker is the brother of Anakin. I took the name of Anakin's childhood friend in TPM and recycled him into Kit Skywalker. I have actually re-written, "roughly", Return Of The Jedi, The Phantom Menace and Attack Of The Clones and Kit is a character in TPM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.