main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Das Afrika Korps vs The Desert Rats (World War II RPG)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    [image=http://www.freewebs.com/ibop/desert.jpg]

The year is 1942 and the famed Afrika Korps has been dealt a great defeat at the hands of the mighty Desert Rats known as the British Eighth Army. The Desert Fox and his men are on the retreat back toward Tunisia and General Bernard Montgomery is not going to give the famed Field Marshal any room to perform any of his miracles. To prevent Rommel from retaking the theater of war in North Africa, Montgomery has requested from British MI6 to send in ahead of the Eighth Army an elite group of commandos to insure that the Afrika Korps cannot regain its feet ever again.

British

You and your men have been charged to see to it that the Germans say goodbye to North Africa forever. You will be pitted against the best army the world has ever known since the days of Napoleon. You will be alone with no promise of reinforcements. Your only hope of survival is in your own confidence of your skills and your fellow men. General Montgomery and the Eighth Army are counting on your success! Failure is not an option in this war. For King and Country!

Germans

You and your fellow countrymen have been dealt a terrible defeat at El Alamein. You're on the run back to Tunisia and the British have not let up on their persuit yet. Afrika Korps high command has intercepted enemy communications about future raids into German territory to prevent Rommel and you from turning the tables on the British... again. You are confident that the Desert Fox will regain the initiative again, if and only if, you and your fellow countrymen prevent the British commandos from succeeding in their missions. Whatever they may be. Sieg Heil!

Game Mechanics

The game is simple. It is December 1942 and the location is Tunisia, Africa.

The British Commandos will consist of four to eight players and they will be sent on missions behind enemy lines to sabotage, assassinate, recon, and capture enemy assets and strong holds.

The soldiers of Deutscher Afrika Korps (D.A.K.), a minimum of four players, are to prevent these commandos from succeeding in their missions until Field Marshal Erwin Rommel can regroup into a defensive position in Tunisia and turn the tide once more.

I am also going to try and keep this game as much as possible free form. Meaning, you won't have to expect a Game Master update every time in order to play.

Concerning Rank

There will be one Commissioned Officer Captain and one Lieutenant commanding the British Commandos, unless we get tons of British. The rest will be Non-Commissioned Officers. I will be choosing who receives the CO ranks.

The German players can be officers if they wish, however, the highest rank obtainable upon joining the game will be Hauptmann (Captain), next one is Oberleutnant (First Lieutenant) and Unterleutnant (2nd Lieutenant).

Concerning NPCs

If we only get the minimum number of players for either side, especially for the Germans, players can have up to a maximum of two Non-Player Characters that they can control.

Weapons of WWII

Britain

M1911 Colt
    Webley Revolver
    Hi-Standard Silenced Pistol
    Lee Enfield Rifle
    Lee Enfield Rifle w/ Scope
    StenGun Mark II Sub-machine Gun
    Bren Machine Gun
    PIAT (Anti-Tank Launcher)
    Shotgun
    Mills Grenade

Germany

Luger Pistol
    Walther P38 Pistol
    Mauser 98k Rifle
    Kar 98k Sniper Rifle
    MP40 Sub-machine Gun
    StG44 Machine Gun
    Panzerfaust (Anti-Tank Launcher)
    Gewehrgranate (Grenade Rifle)
    Steilhandgranate (Stick Grenade)
    Nebelhandgranate (Smoke Grenade)

Vehicles of WII

Germany

KS750 Zndapp Side Car (Motorcycle w/ Sidecar)
    Kubelwagon (German Jeep)
    PzKw III Panzer
    PzKw IV Panzer
    PzKw V "Panther" Panzer
    88mm Anti-Tank/Anti-Air Artillery Gun

Character Sheet

Name:
    Weapon(s): 1 pistol, 1 other, 2 grenades
    History: Keep it before December 1942

The Rules

1. No God-Moding
    2. Private Message Character Sheets
    3. Die when you have no other option but to

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Finally got it unlocked. Okay folks. Let the fragging begin!

3. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    OOC: Incredibly busy with DRL right now, but when I get the time I'll try and post one up

4. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Unfortunately, due to Canadian_Sith's non-presence in the other thread until too late, I haft to return to boarding school where there are next to none computer access. Good luck with this RPG, Mitthy. *sings* Deutschland, Deutschland, uber alles! :D :p

5. Uber-Ed

Uber-Ed Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    I'll post soon once I find the time.

Ich kann Misserfolg kosten.

Not exactly sure if that's what I wanted to say. I've only had two semesters on German.

Für Deutschland!

6. Odd_Ball13

Odd_Ball13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    My uncle is helping me prep for the Army but I'll find alot of time in between especially on weekends im working on my CS.

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Understandable. The game will still be around when you do find the time so no hurry.

Awww. You need to get a laptop, mate. ;)

"I can taste failure."?

Had to look up "kosten" in my book since I only knew it as "cost" and I doubt that is the context you meant to use.

Okay. Good luck with the Army.

8. Canadian-Sith

Canadian-Sith Jedi Youngling star 4

May 25, 2006
    Lol, Sorry.

I was on vacation, and I just got back. I'm okay with this thread since I can't seem to conjure up some responsibility to run an RPG. Good luck, mitt.

9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    This game is still open to join. Just because the group from the other game has been kidnapped by DRL doesnt mean I'm giving up nor should you.

10. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    GM APPROVED

Name: Jake Hanley
    Weapon(s): Lee Enfield, Webley Mk.IV, Mills grenades
    History: Jake was born into a small family in South London and grew up listening to his fathers stories of the Great War.

As the Second World War began Jake was compelled to fight for King and Country and signed up not long after the Siege of Dunkirk. Showing great courage in both the battles of Tobruk and El Alamein he was given a promotion to Sergeant and various field citations.

After The Desert Fox was pushed out of El Alamein Sgt. Hanley was called to an urgent breifing which was labelled TOP-SECRET....

Hopefully we can get this show on the road now....

11. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    OOC: I'm pro Rommel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.