main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dash Rendar...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralZaarin, Oct 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    When Xizor's skyhook went BBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM, what happened to good old Dash? He seems to have disappeared from the EU. Did he disappear into the void that swallowed up others such as Callista?
    Side note: Xizor grinning is the freakiest thing ever.

2. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    He jumped to hyperspace right before he hit a scrap of the station, and I think went to the outer rim, where he more or less retired, or at least stayed away from the Rebellion. The last time we see him is at the end of SotE:Evolution (comic), which happens 4-5ABY, and he invites the new no-more-assassin Guri to share a drink with him. They married, had sex and she gave birth to two wonderful kids... Hum... Forget the last sentence, alright ?

PS : <grin> So I'm freaky, huh ? Cool.

EDIT : And don't forget to ask yourself what Xizor does right before his Skyhook went BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM, as you put it so well.

3. AdmiralZaarin

Jul 8, 2001
    He got to an escape pod just before the skyhook went BBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
    Just like Zaarin before the corvette exploded! :D

And how is that sentence possible? Guri is a droid, isn't she?
    Or are you just sickly twisted like myself? :p

4. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Guri is indeed a droid, but the Prince informed the readers that she passed as a human female 'quite' convincingly. ;)

In laymans terms she is a "formidable do-er of the nasty". [face_mischief]

5. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    "He got to an escape pod just before the skyhook went BBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!"

Not exactly, but sort of, yes. (And I have evidence to support my theory, it's not only wishful thinking.)

"And how is that sentence possible? Guri is a droid, isn't she?"

Yes she is, that's why I told you to forget that last sentence.

"Are you just sickly twisted like myself?"

Yes.

"The Prince informed the readers that she passed as a human female 'quite' convincingly."

Yup, the marchandise really satisfied me when I toyed with it, plus it came with a nice packaging. :D

"In laymans terms she is a "formidable do-er of the nasty"."

I stand up and confirm.

6. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    You are awhare that Grand Admiral Zaarin was in hyperspace when his ship exploded(The explosion shot it back out). Even if he got into a escape pod, his pod would be lost in hyperspace without controle. Another source mentioned that getting into an escape pod in hyperspace is not a good thing.

7. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Yeah. If the pod launched, it's atoms would likely be spread across the galaxy. Even if it did make it okay, if it didn't have a Nav Computer, there'd be no way one could find a habitable system just by chance, on a pod's limited propulsion.

8. AdmiralZaarin

Jul 8, 2001
    Pods do have hyperdrives, albeit really slow ones.
    Why does everyone presume Zaarin was a GA? He was an Admiral and only wore the cool white uniform :)

9. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Because the Essential Chronology states he was a grand admiral(One of the original 12), and that is the official word.

10. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Yes. I think the EC was explaining why he had a white uniform ( at least during Defender of the Empire ) and how there became 12 Grand Admirals when Thrawn replaced him after his defection, thereby keeping that number an even 12 as of ROTJ.

P.S. - Most escape pods don't have hyperdrves. Just navigation charts to the nearest habitable planet.

11. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    What is Admiral Zaarin in?

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Grand Admiral Zaarin is in Tiefighter.

13. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    The TIE Fighter and X-wing Alliance PC games.

Edit - Ah, quick on the draw, Val. :D

14. LoveisSuicideSP

Apr 23, 2001
    Oh, no wonder i don't know who he is. I always get confused when you people talk about these videogame characters, such as Zaarin and Kyle Katarn.

15. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Kyle is in a book too, three, more if you include some small cameo mentionings.

16. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Kyle has 3 graphic novels and audio dramas. He is primarily a videogame character, but he definetly has his own existence in some books.

Or just play the videogames. I just started Dark Forces last night. I've owned it for 5 years, but I'm deciding to finally play it all the way through without skipping levels or cheating to see the cutscenes...

17. LoveisSuicideSP

Apr 23, 2001
    I don't even know what a graphic novel is. And i play lots of videogames, just not PC games. My computer sucks the big one.

18. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    You can find the graphic novels on Amazon.com. They're basically novellas ( short novels ) with full-color paintings every 5 pages or so. Each of the Dark Forces graphic novels expands and enhances what you see in the DF and Jedi Knight games.

Don't worry about your computer. Mine is so slow and lame, all I have the memory for is any SW game not older than 1996. :)

19. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Actually it doesn't do much for Dark Forces besides enhance the first level. But the last 2 books indeed expand upon JK.

20. LoveisSuicideSP

Apr 23, 2001
    Maybe i will try to run the games on my computer. The thing is, the last game i tried to play pretty much crashed my computer.

21. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Still...

You know what was really cool? Last night as I played DF ( the first level ) I was listening to the audio drama at the same time. I had it matched up perfectly.

Right as the Moldy Crow flew over the rooftop, so did it in the audio drama. Gave me chills.

22. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    LOL, nice.

23. AdmiralZaarin

Jul 8, 2001
    Zaarin is only in one cutscene in XWA, and he has a really, REALLY awful voice. It sounds so snotty. In TIE Fighter he has a deep authorative voice, not the snooty high toned one in XWA.

24. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    That's interesting...isn't it the same guy who does the voice? I could've sworn...

25. Gohan

Gohan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2001
    Nope, the voice is different.

Still, I think that the TIE Fighter Zaarin voice is horrible. He sounds like a nerf-herder.

No offense to any nerf-herders that may or many not be here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.