main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI DATE CHANGED to 9/16?!?--September Meeting --Borders Books Novi

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lavagrrrl, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Would anybody mind if we change the meeting to Sept 16? Blasty and others will be doing that film project in Lansing, and it would be nice to have them at the meeting. We have a costume event on the 16th, but that will end early.

Any objections?

I'm sorry to bring this up at the last minute. Honestly, I completely forgot that the second Saturday this month was the 9th. I just assumed it was around the 16th.

Well, it's time for the meeting. We will be back at Borders in Novi with the Book Club meeting at 6 PM and the meeting at 7 PM.

Hope to see everyone there. :)

2. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    The 16th is just fine. Even better, actually, as it was looking doubtful for me to show up this Saturday. A question, though, are we dropping the Woodward Border's as the meeting place? I just wanna make sure there isn't anyone who prefers a more central location to all the after-meeting stuff that's available in Novi. I personally don't care either way, heh.

3. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    I think Novi just works better. The store has space, they know us, and they have always welcomed us. Novi does have a lot more to offer for things to do after the meeting. The Borders on Woodward is certainly closer for you and I, but parking is a pain, the store was nice, but not all that welcoming, and they constantly forgot we were coming.

I'm glad it will work better for you. I will send out a group email to the addresses I have for the group just to make sure this isn't a problem for anyone one, and to make sure no one shows up this weekend.

4. Terrell78

Terrell78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Just as a curiousity does the group have to meet at Borders, or is any place with enough free seating ok?

5. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    It doesn't have to be Borders, but we do need a place with table & chairs. It also needs to be relatively quiet, public, easy to find, and willing to have us.

6. Terrell78

Terrell78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Most libraries have conference rooms that are free to book.

Just an idea [face_idea].

7. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    When we first looked into that a few years ago, it just didn't work for a few reasons. I can't remember what they were, but yeah. :)

8. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    I'm not going to be able to make the meeting. I have a nasty stomach virus, and I don't want to spread it around.

9. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Ok. I'll probably be a little late, because of Michigan-Notre Dame, but will still be there.

10. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Well, the meeting attendance was Darth Mom and myself.

11. CTATigger

CTATigger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Mike--sorry we missed the meeting. Baby boy has not been sleeping well lately and Todd and I are running on empty these days...Our whole goal in life yesterday was to get him to bed at a reasonable hour.
    Hope to see you all sometime soon...

12. darthhomeboy-G

darthhomeboy-G Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2005
    Sorry I couldn't make it also, I was up north.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.