main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DATE/PLANS FOR FIRST MEET (Come in and let us know what you think)

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by That_Wascally_Droid, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    In all of my wisdom, I've concluded that as of now, the best date to hold our first meeting will be:

Saturday, August 24.

If this date is not good for a fair majority of this up-and-coming fan force then let tell us in this thread ASAP.

The planned meet will go as follows (unless we can decide on something different):

Meet at the new Barnes and Noble.
    Easy. We all meet there. nice, calm public place. We meet each other. Introduce ourselves. Get to know a bit. Easy, fun, no pressure.

Go get a small lunch.
    We all trapse over to a diner or someplace that can hold a number of people. We get a lunch, talk, joke, make friends. Have a blast.

Go catch a movie.
    Decide on what to see, and see it.

Get some dinner.
    Afterwards we all get some dinner and laugh and joke, reminesce, and plan the next meet. By then everyone knows everyone else. We know each other's interest. We're left with good times and full guts.

Depart
    Happy trails to you. Until we meet again!

If you have any other ideas that you'd rather do, then post it here ASAP.

Once again, unless we are notified, this is the date and plan that as of now works best.

Contact me at: lord_pilate@yahoo.com (I don't post my main e-mail in public so as to avoid spam from companies etc ;) ). Or just PM me. Unless I'm extraordinarily busy I check both at least once a day. Thanks!

2. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    sounds good!

3. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I see no probs with your proposition, T_W_D. I shall keep you posted via this thread, or your e-mail, if anything changes. I will attempt to coordinate a "rideshare" with DarksiderGeorge in person, since he hasn't posted recently on the boards.

4. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
  5. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    sounds good enough to me, but i will have work at 10 pm but i doubt our gathering will last that long, or...will it? dum dum DUM!!!!!!

6. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    I will have to check my schedule, if it is open on the 24th, then I dont see why I couldnt attend!! I shall get back to you guys on that... Jirin, I think that a rideshare may be possible! :D

7. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Well if three of us show up, we'll have our first official meet :)
    Doesn't take that much does it? lol

8. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    The best scenario is having more than that, though, so we can vote fairly for our City Rep and VP. I still would like to have our City Rep be one of your Fresnans, and the V.P. be either DSGeorge, or myself, so we can be responsible for the area up here.

9. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    yeah if everyone from here can be at our gathering, we can vote for a president. also come up with people that would like to work on the website and everything...

10. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Sounds good to me. What time?

11. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    yeah we dont really have a time yet... i do my killing at high noon

12. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    hmmmm
    It'll take me a while to get there.
    But, we're not doing this for me are we?
    How's 2 PM sound?
    And I'm fine with a Fresnan being president (makes the most sense), but, the president should plan the meetings from now on *looks in Finney's direction* ;)
    Follow my example. They're very easy to plan :p

13. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    2 pm sounds good to me, and sure i'd like to be pres. if thats what your hinting at...

14. Jedi_Za-boon-kal

Jedi_Za-boon-kal Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2001
    Its a shame I will not be able to attend. I move to Fresno on the 25th. However I would love to come to the next meeting. How many of you own a Rebel type costume?(jedi, Trooper, Pilot, etc.) the reason I ask is because I am looking at starting a Fresno Rebel base with the Rebel Legion. Any interest? something you all can discuss On the 24th.... May the Force be with you

15. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Ohhh cut the modesty Finney ;)
    If you want the job, go right ahead lol
    I don't think anybody would nominate anybody else. You've been here a long time and live in Fresno so you'd be the smart choice :)
    But do remember, you do have to plan these things ;) You won't get the shiney blue colors unless you plan two more. But they're easy.
    You also need to find us a person to make us a banner :)
    And run a website if it comes to that :)
    Lot's o' net work (no pun intended) involved.
    But if you want it. Take it! LOL

16. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    2's good :) If everything works out the way it should *glares in Fates general direction* (you'd better not play that stupid card again or I'll tell the other gods on you and allll the deities of Discworld will kick yer ASS!!) I'll have my new pooter TK421 and my scanner and everything and I can handle the website stuff. *crosses fingers* I make my own graphics! http://thedragoncave.cjb.net (currently in the middle of a long drawn out overhaul). If not...

Oh!! Jedi-Finney!! Are you still going to Fresno City, cause I'm going there this year!!

17. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    ya i'll be taking a few classes at city this semester. and i'd love to make a banner even if i'm not the city rep or whatever, plus we get our own icons and stuff... i'm pretty good with photoshop... and hey za boon cal, your back! too bad you'll be a day late but if you want to come to the next meeting you are welcome to come. i was going to join that rebel leigion when i first heard about it, i had a bad ass costume, but i really needed money so i had to sell my boots, belt, and saber :(

18. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    dont get lazy Finney!!! i think this is very cool how this is all starting to take shape! when it does happen, i know someone who designs websites. Hey Sparticus! youre going to City in the Fall? maybe ill see you around. ill be taking a few classes.

19. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    lazy is my middle name! lol...

20. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    I guess that with my ID, you didnt expect me to have any lightside costumes,eh??? hehehehe!!!! Anyway, you would be right!!!

21. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Jedi-Finney, begin your "favor giving" to assure your ascension to City Rep/President. :D

22. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    who do i have to pay off?

23. Jedi_Za-boon-kal

Jedi_Za-boon-kal Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2001
    DO you have any light side costumes Darksidergeorge? I Have a darth maul Plo Koon Biker scout and im working on a Jango fett

24. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    who do i have to pay off?

**Waves hand**

You will donate your "Wall of Figures" to the members of the Fresno FanForce. [face_devil]

25. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    No lightside costumes here.... However I would love to save up enough dough to pick up some Stormtrooper armor( any variant). How much was it for your Biker Scout armor?

You should check out some of our pics for the EPII premiere. I am in there with my fellow darksiders and some of the 501st!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.