main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Dates for the Post Holiday Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Otto_den_Ktulu, Dec 21, 2003.

?

Dates for the Post Holiday Party

Poll closed Jan 1, 2004.
  1. Saturday - January 10th

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Sunday - January 11th

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Saturday - January 17th

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  4. Sunday - January 18th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Saturday - January 24th

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
  2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Its all good for me.

3. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Ok, I talked to who I needed to, to find open dates, and these are the possibilities. We'd be able to get the fellowship hall for 4 hours, and the party would last that long. I know that some people would be unable to make it on a Saturday, and therefore would most likely vote for a Sunday. But those of you who could make it to both, keep in mind that a Sunday is a very hard day to plan a 4 hour party in, at a church. My church in particular hosts a group at 5:30pm on Sundays. So in order to get the four hour party in, we'd have to start at 1pm. Also keep in mind that if the party were held on a Saturday, we'd be able to get a later time, making it easier for people to get there, and also you'd have a full days rest afterwards to get prepared for school or work after the immense fun you would have at the party ;)

Take note, the more people that vote for a single date, the more people can come and will be there.

But please, no voting with socks, a fair vote here. We do want the most people we can get.

4. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Saturday is the only day I have off every week and there is a possible pending event I have already planned on attending on the 10th. Voted for the 10th by accident, can it be removed? Would like to go for the 17th instead.

5. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Unfortunatly no there isn't. I'll just make a note of it, and figure out the final vote from there.

6. Tari_Nolatari

Tari_Nolatari Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2002
    I voted for Sat the 17th only because saturdays are easier and the further it is from the holidays the less busy I will be but the earlier saturday is ok too

7. LadySith22

LadySith22 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I voted for the 17th, Saturdays usually work best for me,
    Those of us from Buffalo will be unable to attend on Saturday the 10th... we have a possible North Ridge event we've been working on for that day with Niagara University

8. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    As the North Ridge has a tentative events on the 10th, we went for the 17th because it had the most votes of all the other Saturdays, but the 24th would be okey-day, too.

9. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Cool. Looking forward to seeing more of other Fan Forcers from other cities.

10. WinchKafor

WinchKafor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    Saterday the 17th would be the best for me.

11. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    I know I would prefer a Saturday for a couple reasons:
    • Gives us Sunday as a rest/travel day if needed

• Allows us to get together as a large group after the party and maybe catch a movie or hang somewhere
    • Sunday is usually a meeting day for our group - so we wouldn't loose that (I know - selfish)

• Allows for those traveling farther to crash for the night if needed

So - my vote was for the 17th :p

Dave

12. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I'd rather have it on a Saturday too, for what it's worth.

If it's the 17th I may be out. I have another party that day (was rescheduled due to the hosts having family stuff going on) and it's with my House from SCA....a group that I have not done anything with in over a year.

So I'm not sure what'll end up happening. Ah well, such is life I suppose.

13. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I voted for the 17th.

14. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    I voted Sunday the 11th.

15. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    If you haven't gotten your votes in, do so by tomorrow night at 10:00pm EST. The poll will close at that time.

16. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    I didn't vote before because I was pretty sure that it would be at the same time as a meet, but I checked the Section V website and the meet on the the 17th was cancelled so I'll vote for it, too. :p ;)

17. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Good deal. It sucks that your meet was cancelled, but awesome that you guys can definatly come.

I guess it looks like the 17th is the date, I'll get in contact with whom I need to, and we'll set up a time

18. CONFUZED

CONFUZED Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2003
    I just wanted to drop a line in here and say hi. I'm the slave....I mean cook for the holiday party - :)

I just wanted to check with everyone that might be coming to see if there are any food allergies that I need to worry about. I'm working on a non-tomato sauce dish as well and wanted to see if there are any people that do not like sauces on their pasta - basically I need to know if I need to have plain pasta for any picky eaters - or kids.

Drop me a PM so I know if I need to get anything special made!

I look forward to seeing those that I've already met and meeting those that I haven't. See you all on Saturday! :) :) :)

Nicole

19. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Should Rebelion members be bringing something to share as far as food like snacks or dessert, or just money?

20. CONFUZED

CONFUZED Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2003
    Hey everybody - Check your club email accounts (the echostationrochester.com ones) for those who have them and your regular accounts for those who do not! There is some group specific info there!!! Thanks!

Nik

21. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    "RE: Dates for the Post Holiday Party "

I am bringing my fiancee, that count?

;)

22. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    As one more? Yeah. As an allergy, well.... only if you want it to :p

23. WinchKafor

Nov 1, 2002
    Please forgive me something has come up I need to go to, i will be unable to attend. I hope to catch you guys some other time.

24. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    I completely understand Chris. Sorry you can't come, and know that our thoughts are with you.

25. WinchKafor

Nov 1, 2002
    OH Otto the reason you are thinking is not why I will not be there, but thank you for the support. It is another reason altogether. By buddy David is in the National Guard, his unit is being activated. He leaves on the 22nd, but the going away party is saterday. He will be in the middle east for the next 18 months. The sad thing these is he is leaving behind a Wife, A 4 year old boy, a 2 year old boy, and a 16 day old girl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.