main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Dathomir - books vs TV

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Brenapp, May 4, 2014.

1. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Cool that they confirmed the easiest option pretty much everybody had been going with since day one instead of just dropping it all for no reason.

DarthJaceus, Mia Mesharad and spicer like this.
  2. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    The statement certainly allows for the possibility of EU stories like The Courtship of Princess Leia having occurred and future stories with the Nightsisters / Nightbrothers being told. This culture should be treated like the Jedi / Sith - they may go dormant, but there should always be the option of bringing them back in future media. Not to mention, the untold number of Nightsisters / Nightbrothers that weren't on Dathomir during the CW.

3. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    I hope, that page 194 of this book isn't just a lack of editing of a previous edition of that book. Seems they hadn't red SoD yet. Like Maul didn't climb yet in Wookiepedia the ranks of force-repulse-masters though there is a picture in SoD, which clearly indicates that Maul is a master of this rarely to be seen force-skill too. I often observe blatant errors in SW-related literature and even on the description-texts for some TCW-episodes.

4. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    I'm not sure how it would be a lack of editing, because its a description for a Nightbrothers image caption. Were they in any previous character guides that described other "tribes", covens, clans, etc?

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is that supposed to be the Imperial prison in the background? It looks more like a modern SW city backdrop to me

6. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    esay one half is nice looking the other not so much

7. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Actually I have no idea about, what this sentence does mean. Some more commas perhaps? Or just an explanation about, which half is meant of what?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  8. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    what i ment was in my personal canon one half have the plant is nice looking and the other half looks like a waste land

Sudooku likes this.
  9. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    With Maul using Dathomir as a base of operations during the Solo movie, it opens up many possibilities for the planet, including survivors from the CW Nightsisters / Nightbrothers or off-world Dathomiri returning, or perhaps even the characters from Courtship taking the planet in a different direction. I hope comics or novels delve into the planet further.

Sudooku likes this.