Beyond Dating for Dummies ~ L/M ~ COMPLETE on 12/Jan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hazel, Dec 21, 2012.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. madman007 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, that's the answer, Mara - run away. :oops:

Love the trip through Luke's Relationship graveyard!

Maybe Mara will get into trouble and Luke will have to rescue her again.
    Lady_Misty, Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  2. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Poor Luke, a trail of failed relationships and Mara is planning on running.
    Hazel likes this.
  3. Demendora Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    If Mara is running away, maybe Luke should get into trouble to make her come;) )) I would have kidnap our farmboy)))[face_devil] But I guess, those three will do the right thing))):)
    Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  4. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Maybe she should just put some distance between herself and Luke. With that thought in mind, Mara made for her ship. If it depended on her, it would be a long long time before she saw or even heard of Luke Skywalker.

NOOOOOOO! she needs to stay and give luke a big smooch by the end of this fic!

Great chapter.
  5. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh yeah... i forgot... :p [face_laugh]
  6. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Mara always runs away. For someone so fearless in battle she sure is over protective with her heart. Maybe Han needs to kidnap both of them and fly them to Dathomir! He needs to shoot them both with the Hapan Gun of Command and tell them to get bootknocking.
    Demendora, Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  7. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    He was hopeless. Han was right, he just a lovesick dummy.

Yes, but he's MARA'S love struck dummy!!!!

"Lock 'em in a room together and let them sort it out."

Hey, I'm all for that so long as there's nothing either one of them can harm the other with in there...
    Hazel likes this.
  8. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    hahahaahahaa I love two scoundrels and a princess discussing all of this. Lando is perfect here. And Mara, don't run away!! It's just getting gooooooood, girl. Come back! LOL Can't wait to see where you go from here. Toooooo fun!! :D
    Hazel likes this.
  9. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Oh no... Don't leave Mara! (But I could totally see her doing that.)

Luke had to conclude that his idea of wooing women was to rescue them from whatever danger they were in.
    [face_laugh] Well that does seem to be his method.

Those two kids, maybe they should lock them up together and just hope Mara doesn't kill Luke.

I'm loving this! Can't wait to see what happens next!
    Hazel likes this.
  10. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, Luke does not have much luck with his previous relationships, and as for Mara running... let's just say Luke is not the only in this fic.

Thank you all for reading and reviewing! [:D]

Very special thanks to Jedi_Lover for her help and advice in this part.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tag list: (let's see if I can get them all to work today)

@Jade_eyes
    @Demendora
    @Briannakin
    @lukemaraben
    @ginchy
    @mavjade
    @Jedi_Lover
    @madman007
    @DaenaBenjen42

Now, for the second to last part.

~ Part IV ~

"Get your butt over here right now, kid!" Han's demand was heard through Luke's comlink just as soon as he answered it. Before Luke could ask why the former scoundrel had already hung up.

Knowing, through the Force, that there was nothing wrong with either Leia or the children only added to the Jedi's puzzlement and his confusion only increased after he arrived at his destination. Standing at the door and looking somewhat menacing was Lando Calrissian.

"So you want to take my girl from me, do you?"

"I..." Luke was taken aback by his friend's query. Had Han been wrong about Lando and Mara? And how had Lando found out about Luke's feelings anyway? Had Han told Lando about them? Too many questions squirmed around the Jedi's mind. "No, I wouldn't..."

"Lando, cut it out!" Leia approached the door, pushing the other man away and taking hold of her brother's arm. "Come in, Luke. Don't mind Lando."

As the Jedi was led in and tried to formulate a proper reassurance, he found he did not need to since the other man was already patting his back and smiling. "Hey man, just kidding."

"What's going on here?" Luke finally asked after he settled on the couch, pretty much on the same spot he had been sitting hours earlier.

"Remember what we talked about earlier, Kid? About you and Mara." Han started and then was interrupted by Leia. "We found out it's mutual."

"What?" Luke asked in disbelief.

"Mara likes you too." Lando said sheepishly.

"Hah?"

"You both like each other." Han said.

"Wait! Are you guys sure? How do you know?"

"You told Han," Leia told him, "and Mara told Lando."

"Well, she didn't tell me," Lando corrected. "I figured it out from her reactions. Every time I mention you to her, she gets prickly. Today she stormed out."

"Really?" Luke asked, letting a glimmer of hope show in his smile.

"Yes," Lando assured him. "Look Luke, I'm sorry about this. But seriously, I always thought you knew Mara and I weren't for real, what with the Force and all and you do hide your feelings well. I mean, I would never have agreed to this if I knew how you felt about her."

"Okay..." Luke replied, still trying to wrap his head around these newly uncovered facts.

"Alright, and now that we sorted that out," Han started, "it's time for you to go after her. It's now or never, Kid! Remember what I told you earlier - you have to go get her and you have to hurry 'cause we know she's skipping' town."

"What?!"

“Yes. We just found out she has filed for an emergency departure clearance.” Leia told her brother.

“Yeah, you’re gonna have to hurry or you’ll miss her.” Han stated, getting up and leading Luke back to the apartment’s entrance. "So go, Kid! Go get her!"

And for the second time that day, Luke found himself being thrown out of the Solo's apartment. At least this time, he added some additional information. "She's in hangar 8-G, over on the south side."

After they closed the door behind Luke, Lando turned to Han and asked: "Why the big rush? With the order Leia issued it's going to take Mara a whole month to get be cleared for departure."

"It's Fete Week Lando and this is our present to Luke. We'd like it if he got it in time for the big family dinner tomorrow." Leia explained.

"Oh, family dinner... Am I invited?" He asked the princess, giving her his most endearing puppy eyes.

"Sure," she patted his shoulder. "But you have to get your own present."

"Yeah," Han interrupted. "Now go away, Lando. We were in the middle of something."

~ * ~

Luke ran like the wind towards hangar 8-G, all the while wondering what he was going to do when he got there. He still wasn't too clear on how the others were so certain of Mara's feelings for him and he had no idea of what her reaction would be to his sudden appearance. The only thing Luke knew for sure was that he was not going to let her get away again. She had done that to him way too many times.

When he finally arrived at the hangar he took a moment to collect himself before taking his next step. This was probably the most important step of his life and he would not falter.

~ * ~

Mara Jade sat in the cockpit of the Hunter's Luck, impatiently waiting for someone to respond to her departure request. She knew these things took their time and she still needed to prep the ship, but she was hoping to at least get an estimation of how long it would take before her clearance codes were issued. As far as she could tell, no one had even acknowledged the request's reception yet.

'No matter', she thought. 'Soon I'll be away from here and from Skywalker.'

No sooner had his name passed through her head, that his presence made itself be felt in the vicinity.

'What the kr--'

"MARA! MARA JADE!" Skywalker's voice resounded through the ship's open hatch.

"Skywalker, what the hell are you doing here?" Mara practically yelled as she reached the entrance. What the hell was the man doing here? And just as she was trying to get away from him. Lando had to have tattled. In the instants before Luke reached her, Mara swore to herself that the next time she saw her partner she would use her lightsaber to turn him into fish bate.

As for Luke, the vision of an angry Mara Jade did not give him pause. This was not the first time he had seen her in such a manner. Before he lost his nerve or even thought about it better, Luke blurted out: "Don't go! You can't leave."

"And why not?" She demanded, placing her closed fists on her sides and throwing the man before her her most menacing look. It did nothing to stop him. Instead, Luke approached her gently, slowly opening his heart as his hands touched her gently in the arms and ran down to catch her own.

"Because I'm asking you. Don't. Go."

The sudden gush of heat Mara felt turned her skin to goose bumps and ran a shiver down her spine. The confusion she felt made her head spin. She didn't understand what was going so and her first reaction was to pull away from the man before her.

Maybe it was the Force warning him or maybe he just knew her far too well, but Luke was there and he would not let go. A little part of his brain, the logical one, warned him that this was a dangerous move that could get him hurt, but at the moment that part was definitely not in charge, and the rest of him practically shouted 'do it, this is it' so, with all the confidence of the man who had both taken out the first Death Star and turned Darth Vader back into the light, and the gentleness of the farm boy from Tatooine, Luke Skywalker tightened his hold on the woman before him and, without rush or hesitation, covered her lips with his own in the warmest and most tender kiss he had ever given before. After their lips parted, the feeling remained strong and vital.

For the first time in her life Mara was utterly speechless. Under any other circumstances she would have demanded an explanation and would have definitely spanked the offender, but the explanation was clear even for someone like her and the spanking... well, that wasn't exactly the kind of physical touch her every cell was crying for. So all that she could do was just stand there quietly in the arms of the man she had loved for far longer than she cared to admit even to herself. Slowly, her own arms reached out and encircled him.

As he felt Mara Jade relaxing in his arms, Luke could hardly believe it. What had he been fretting about anyway? It was so simple, so within his reach. What was that old saying again - only those who don't fear falling learn to fly? That must be it, because at that moment, Luke felt like he was flying.

Later, they would never be able to tell exactly how long they stood there together.

TBC in the epilogue...
    Last edited by Hazel, Jan 9, 2013
    Falcon likes this.
  11. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Spank that bad boy.:p Lol! Nice chapter!
  12. Demendora Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Yes, you two stupid stubborn idiots! Your happiness was always under your nose! And now...wheeeeeeee![face_love] Do we have a boot knocking after this?;)
  13. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Splentab squeelicious update =D= [face_dancing] My tag worked. [:D]
    Last edited by Jade_eyes, Jan 9, 2013
    Hazel likes this.
  14. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Weeeeeee! Yay! I love it when things workout without angst. Way to go farm boy and way to go Leia for sending in that order!
    Hazel likes this.
  15. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    I am melting with joy!

That was beautiful!
    Hazel likes this.
  16. madman007 Force Ghost

star 4
    Luke ran like the wind towards hangar 8-G
    Visions of romantic movie cliches were going through my head here.The rushing to the airport to stop a true love from boarding.

This should have been how these two really have gotten together instead of the disaster-filled proposal in profic.

Great job. Ok...so, what now? Wedding bliss?
    Last edited by madman007, Jan 9, 2013
    Hazel and Lady_Misty like this.
  17. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    "Why the big rush? With the order Leia issued it's going to take Mara a whole month to get be cleared for departure."

:eek: ... :eek: ... [face_laugh] Ah. Family-and-Friends (with the government, no less) wide conspiracy for love. Love it!!!!!

And... yay! He got her to not go!!!! [face_love]
    Last edited by DaenaBenjen42, Jan 9, 2013
    Hazel likes this.
  18. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    YAY!! [face_love]

I loved Leia issuing an order for Mara not to be able to leave. :)
    Lady_Misty and Hazel like this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
  20. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you all for reading and reviewing! [:D]

Now, let's wrap this thing.

Tag list:

@Jade_eyes
    @Demendora
    @Briannakin
    @lukemaraben
    @ginchy
    @mavjade
    @Jedi_Lover
    @madman007
    @DaenaBenjen42

~ Epilogue ~

Luke woke up the next day feeling light and at peace. This was a rare thing for him, especially considering he was not in his usual surroundings. Overall, this was a very unusual situation for him, but he knew that he would have no trouble getting used to it, as long as it included the beautiful woman who was still sleeping deeply in the crook of his arm. Craning his head a little to his right, he peeped at the chrono and was surprised to see it was past lunch time.

'I guess my stomach woke me.' He thought, but decided against getting up to eat. That would involve moving Mara from her nestled position and he didn't want to do that. If it was up to him, she'd just stay there forever.

They had talked all through the night, last night. They had worked out their differences and exposed all their personal misgivings. Luke had been surprised to learn that, when Mara had agreed to attend the Academy, she had the expectation of spending more time with him, and he admitted at last that the reason he had not paid her that much attention was that he feared that his growing feeling towards her would show and then be rejected. Throughout the night, they had discovered so many parallels like this. If only they had spoken sooner so many misunderstandings would have been avoided.

Luke knew there was still much to discuss, but he truly felt that the grounds to an everlasting and happy relationship had been set.

~ * ~

- Solo Residence, after the 'Big Family Dinner'...

"That went well!" Leia exclaimed as she let herself drop on the bed right next to her husband. She had just put the kids to sleep and was exhausted but very pleased.

"Yeah," Han replied, putting his arm around her shoulders and basking in the silence.

Dinner had indeed gone well, especially if one neglected to remember the mini food fight the kids had started and that had wreaked a little havoc with the droids and Chewie. Luke had shown up a little bit late and sort of dragging an awkward Mara behind him, but the glee he emanated made it worth the wait. Leia was sure she had never seen her brother so happy. Lando had also come and brought everybody, especially the children, lots of expensive gifts. It had been especially fun when he started recounting his and Mara's adventures throughout the galaxy, many times being corrected by Mara herself. It had been a good way to get the redhead to loosen up and become more comfortable with her future family.

"So, how long do ya think it will take 'till your brother pops the question?" Han asked after a while.

"If I know Luke at all, not long. Why do you ask?" Leia glanced up at Han. "Did you start a betting pool?"

"Who, me? Of course not."

"Lando beat you to it?"

"Yes." Han admitted. "By now, all of Coruscant knows Luke and Mara are an item and are placing bets on if and when they'll get married."

"That will make things interesting for them," Leia laughed.

"Did you know Luke actually thanked me for throwing him out yesterday?"

"It's amazing. My brother is so swift on some things but we practically had to make him chase his own happiness."

"We did everything but actually talk to Jade herself."

Leia nodded her head. "He should definitely thank us. They both should."

"With what those two owe us, we'll have babysitters until the kids are old enough to get married." Han suggested.

"That's right, and it will be good practice for them." The Princess agreed.

"They'll owe us another big favor for it."

"That they will." Leia caught her husband's head and ended the conversation with a big kiss.

~ The End ~

Falcon likes this.
  21. Demendora Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Oh, so all of this was about having babysitters?:p[face_laugh]
    Hazel likes this.
  22. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Of course! :p
  23. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    SQUEEEEEE! Oh, Hazel, you do scrumptious real L/M. [face_dancing] [:D] Every word was so them! And yuppers, this made much more sense too. ^:)^
    Hazel likes this.
  24. immertreu Jedi Master

star 1
    "With what those two owe us, we'll have babysitters until the kids are old enough to get married." Han suggested. [face_laugh]

What a wonderful story! The image of Luke being thrown out of the apartment - twice! - made me laugh out loud. Poor farmboy!

I was smiling the whole time while reading this. Thank you so much! :)
    Hazel likes this.
  25. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Aww!

Babysitters are not always what they seem. I mean Luke adn Mara could tell them stories that Leia and Han rather their children not know. :D
    immertreu and Hazel like this.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade