Provo Dating in Utah Valley

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dantana Skywalker, Nov 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    For the single members of the board:

Is it just me, or is it difficult for everyone to get a date in Utah Valley? Is it easier in other states? Or is it the fact that I go to UVSC?

Anyway, I'm pretty much just venting over the fact that my date for this charity ball on Saturday has apparently flaked out on me. And I can't seem to find a guy to go with me.

Ignore this thread if you want to.

Dana
  2. LakSivrak Jedi Knight

star 1
    i hate dating. i mean, i like dating, but i hate all the other stuff that goes with dating, like asking for a date, and paying for a date, and waiting for your date, and wondering about the date, and if your fly is down, and looking back on the date and banging my head because i said something way, way dumb (it happens too often). so i dont know if im ever going to do it again. date, i mean. :p
  3. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    You go to UVSC, don't you?

Anyway, I've done plenty of really, really stupid things on dates. And I'll bet that anything you've done won't even compare to my exboyfriend. He was a world-class freak. Oh, wait, he might post on here, I shouldn't say that . . . Eh. We were at a dance, and HE DRANK OUT OF THE PUNCHBOWL! PICKED IT RIGHT UP OFF THE TABLE AND DRANK OUT OF IT! Lemme tell ya, THAT was pretty stupid.

I, personally, don't mind if guys say stupid stuff, 'cause I tend to babble and make a fool out of myself, anyway.

Dana
  4. LakSivrak Jedi Knight

star 1
    i go to the uvsc. ive never drank out of a punchbowl. but i say things like "you're not skinny" (i said that! i said that! i still can't believe that i said that. . .) when i was trying to tell her that she wasn't fat either. . .so im socially retarded. but, for those who aren't dating me (or talking to my) its a riot to listen to me trip over myself. hahaha. plus i've been getting more and more geeky lately. soon ill be taking my action figures to school and staging mock battles during math. my, i paint a rosy picture of myself, don't i! okay, the real reason im not dating? all of the cool girls i know are married. or almost married. or so infatuated with someone that they might as well be married. which, when you think about it makes logical sense. im not the only person who thinks theyre cool, im just the slowest.
  5. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I know you go to UVSC . . . because on the boards there, I'm 1marroberg.

Dana
  6. LakSivrak Jedi Knight

star 1
    how weird! youre the one who posted about this place, and now i come here. thanks!
  7. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yeah, I put 2 and 2 together after reading your post here, and thought, waitaminute! So I looked at your profile, ran over to the UVSC board, and yep, I was right.

But, really, I should be leaving now. I have school at 10 AM, so I have to get up at eight. ugh.

Dana
  8. LakSivrak Jedi Knight

star 1
    so now you know that im an opinionated little pile of poo! i hope nobody else finds out. . .
  9. LakSivrak Jedi Knight

star 1
    See, now i had to go to the uvsc and see if i ever said mean things to you. i swear i disagree with everybody there. and i really dont care that they know if. even though my screen name is my ACTUAL NAME! nobody else is like that, how did i luck out and get to be the only person you all can look up and hit with a stick if you get mad? i love my school.
  10. Tori_Dakk Jedi Knight

star 2
    I date too much. I gotta stop that when Matt gets back. but I went on a date yesterday and it SUCKED. Urggg. Boys. I've been on 5-6 dates this last month including October and I'm just all date out. Dating sucks. This is probably because I'm already dating matt and really not interested in anyone else but oh well as long they pay I'm good.

11. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    I've never been on a bad date. I've been turned down a number of times, 14 times to be exact, (actually 14 people, some of them more than once.) But every time I had a good time and am still friends with the 4 girls who ever said yes to me.
  12. LaurenFett Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't really find the dating thing to be a problem. So it must be the fact that you're at UVSC. Of course, I don't ever go for the so-called "socially elite," in which case I might get shafted (but who cares about the cool people anyway?). Guys who are dorks are much more fun. You can quote me on that. Funnest date I've had here: paintballing. I would recommend it, even though it's slightly pricier than a movie.
  13. andakin Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    That's just the thing. I don't like the "socially elite" bourgeois freaks. I like normal people, and even those who lean towards geeky-ness. Okay, so I've got the hots for some actors, but that's a different story altogether.

I've tried flirting with guys in my classes. But a lot of them are completely dense, or they already have girlfriends, or they're afraid.

I don't want to date within my circle of friends from high school (been there, done that, not as fun as you'd think), but the prospects at UVSC aren't that great. I guess it's like my best friend told me. Single students in UV go to BYU, meet their spouse, get married, and go to UVSC 'cause now they're too poor for BYU.

So it's all the married people at UVSC, or people I do NOT want to go out with. There are some REALLY strange people down there, and some people who, well, don't have the same set of standards I do.

Some guy on the bus seemed to be flirting with me, but I think he was a little old for me. It was weird. I didn't flirt back. He kinda creeped me out.

My friends refuse to set me up with their friends (and with good reason, their friends are psycho jerks--straight from the mouths of some of the psycho jerks :) ), and my mother thinks I need to join all these online dating services.

It's just frustrating. And annoying. And all I wanted to do was go to the dance, but, well, not gonna happen. I've accepted that now.

Dana
  15. LakSivrak Jedi Knight

star 1
    "So it's all the married people at UVSC, or people I do NOT want to go out with. There are some REALLY strange people down there, and some people who, well, don't have the same set of standards I do."

not like im pointing anything out to argue or anything. . .but not everyone who goes to uvsc is retarded. just me. i know plenty of people (who arent me) that are way cool. single available guys even. if i wasnt a guy myself, id be in heave (just dont think about that like it sounds, i meant it in the most heterosexual way possible). i just dont know any way cool and available girls. i dont think i even know any semi-cool or partially-uncool girls. that arent taken. darn my slow self!

that being said, i dont think ive dated a girl from uvsc for like. . .4 years. ive dated byu girls. :) of course, girls are girls wherever they are, and its always trouble. . .
  16. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    Now, just take this as friendly advice Dantana, but I think you would have better luck with finding guys if you weren't so bitter all the time.
  17. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Heh. I'm only bitter around you guys. Mostly because you constantly bring up the Loserboy thing. Leave off that and maybe I won't be so bitter, huh? That's something I'd like to FORGET, not be reminded of every single time I see anyone from that group.

Dana
  18. LakSivrak Jedi Knight

star 1
  19. LakSivrak Jedi Knight

star 1
    i know ive poste way too much on this topic already (which illustrates perfectly my patheticness. thats not a word), but i still have stuff to say. i think that dating works better when you dont really know that youre dating. like when youre good friends with someone and you staft to do a lot of stuff together, and then all of the sudden you wake up in the morning and realize youre dating (hopefully not because you wake up somewhere strange). i like that. only you need to have friends for that to work well. :p
  20. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    "hopefully not because you wake up somewhere strange"

[face_laugh]

That was good!
  21. Tori_Dakk Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think once you break through the ice with a boy, it'll all be good. I don't know, dating Matt was easy, I came, I saw, I conquered (so to speak), I knew I wanted to get to know him better so I asked him out and that's the end of that.

but with other boys, it's just plain weird and dumb. I can't explain it, and it's cheesy, but once you cut through all that cheese it's history and life is grand baby.

Hopefully at least.

Danatana, my best advice is don't give up and don't look for it, because when it's least expected it'll hit you. :) at least that has it's always been with each of my past boyfriends.
  22. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Oh, I'm not looking for true love right now, or anything. I'm just looking for someone to do something with on a Saturday night.

I ended up going to the dance, because my erstwhile date showed up at the last minute and was like, "So, we going or what?" I wanted to bash his head in, but I didn't. Had a reasonably entertaining time, though the DJ was Redd Alert, and they SUCK!!!!! All they played was rap, pretty much ALL. NIGHT. LONG. Though they did play a couple good songs, like "Heaven (Is A Place On Earth)" by the Bangles, and "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson.

Dana
  23. LakSivrak Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just have to comment on the abandonment issue, from my experience. see, i dated this girl, and she was pretty mean. but i still dated her cuz i have issues. anyways, we were supposed to go to a movie like at 4:30 one day. she was gonna cal me when she got home from school, and she didnt. i called her house like an hour later, and she still wasnt home, so i left a message for her to call. she called at seven!! and then asked if we were going, and i said sure, whatever, and she asked if i had bought tickets yet, and i said no, you werent home, i didnt know if were still going, and she got mad at me! and we didnt go becuase its my fault. i didnt buy the tickets.
  24. LaurenFett Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well would just like to state that this past week I went on a great date with a very nice guy who just so happened to like Star Wars, too! You guys might just know him, but I won't reveal his name just in case he's ashamed of going on a date with a geeky girl!
  25. andakin Jedi Master

star 4
    Redd Alert DOES SUCK!!!
    Except they played The Aquabats for me once, so I guess they're okay.

There's not really many good DJ's around, though.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.