main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Dating in Utah Valley

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dantana Skywalker, Nov 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LakSivrak

LakSivrak Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    at least hes dating, unlike some people i could name. okay, im talking about me. i was talking to this girl in my class today, and shes hot, and i was teasing myself about my chewbacca arms, and she said "Who's Chewbacca?". i about swallowed my gum. i thought everyone knew who chewbacca is. so i had to start at 'have you ever seen star wars?' and, well, it was kind of emberrasing for me, so i dont think ill be asking that girl out any time soon.

and this is my 50th post, do i get a trophy or a pin? some homemade jam? i dont think ive ever done fifty of anything, so im happy about that.

2. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    It could be worse. When I was in high school, back when the special editions were about to come out, we were walking down form the seminary building in this big group, everyone talking about Star Wars. We get down to the main school, and this one girl, who hadn't been saying anything, goes, "What's Star Wars?" I swear, everyone within a hundred feet turned and stared at her like she was a freak. Her boyfriend said, "That's it, I'm taking you to see all of them."

Dana

3. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    Hey that's kinda what Matt said to me when I was like, Matt, I've never seen star wars....

LoL and now look at me!

:) ;)

4. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmmmm...I guess spoo's ashamed to hang out with me! ;-)

5. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Huh?

6. LakSivrak

Nov 9, 2002
    it sucks to be single during the holidays. i understand why the suicide rate is so high. . .have you heard the songs we sing? they can never be just about christmans, they have to be about christmas and love, or christmas and family. if you had neither love nor family, youd be pretty upset about christmas. as it is, im not that excited, and i have a family.

7. LeiaTygre

LeiaTygre Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    Oh, Dana, Dana, Dana. That story is funnier everytime I hear it and the story hasn't changed one bit. This girl had just seen ANH, and she was saying how much she enjoyed it. "Luke is such a nice guy, but that Han is such a jerk. Luke and Leia should totally hook up."

And this guy turns to her, completely horrified. "Get this. Luke and Leia... are brother and sister. And Darth Vader is"

I had to interupt, "No! Don't tell her. She's never seen them, it's better if she finds out from the movies."

8. LakSivrak

Nov 9, 2002
    lol. . .thats funny. i think luke and leia make a cute couple. too bad they arent from arkansas.

9. LakSivrak

Nov 9, 2002
    "Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money! Boys will laugh at girls when they're not funny!" - Good Charlotte

. . .this is too true. . .

10. LaurenFett

Mar 12, 2002
    Observe that dating girls requires both time and money. Thus:

Girls=time x money

Now we must look at those two factors, time and money. We find that time is money, so we make the following adjustment in our calculation:

time=money
    So
    Girls=money x money=money^2 (money squared)

We also know that money is the root of all evil, which can be expressed in this manner:

money=(evil)^(1/2) (the square root of evil)

We now may replace money with evil to produce:

Girls=(evil^(1/2))^2

The equation is simplified to produce:

Girls=Evil

Any questions?

11. LakSivrak

Nov 9, 2002
    Note that the above was posted by a girl, so its TRUE! maybe my bitterness is what turns people off. . .

12. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I've come up with a theory that I really believe is dead-on.

I (as well as many other guys, I'm sure) have always wondered what it is that girls see in guys. I eventually concluded that girls in fact don't like guys.

Girls like suits.

So, if a girl THINKS she likes a guy, what she's really thinking is "gee... that guy, plus a SUIT would be a nice combination". This also explains the high marriage rate at BYU, since the guys wear suits so often.

13. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Yes! Math can explain everything!

Wahoo!

14. LaurenFett

Mar 12, 2002
    I would have to agree with Spoo. Though I, personally, do not go for suits. I am ridiculously attracted to black trench coats. My friend back home was quick to point out to me that all but one of the guys I've ever went steady with has been a trench coat wearer. Seriously, if I see a guy from a distance wearing a black trench coat, I have to investigate. Pretty scary, neh?

15. LakSivrak

Nov 9, 2002
    is this an x files fetish? shame i have a dark blue trench coat. . .that i never wear. i used to have a really huge thing for girls with heart shaped faces. jewel has one. not so much any more. i decided that me being picky=alone forever, now i pretty much go for girls with legs. or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.