main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Daughter of No One, Daughter of Someone- 12/11/05: Important Author Announcement!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CodeName_Targeter, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh, is THAT where its from? I was wondering . . .

2. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    probably not, that is just wat made it popular.... was probably a saying waaaaayy back when.... :D then they just put it in the movie

3. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Alright, I've got the post almost finished, just need to type it up and finish the ending. It's gonna be somehwat short though, so sorry about that.

And also, if it's not up tonight, blame ThrawnRocks, he told me to work on Oil or Ewoks. :p

~Jenn

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Hey, I said work on Oil or Ewoks, and then this. So I encouraged you to write this post [face_mischief]

I also encouraged you not to do your homework...

...kind of like what I'm doing now.

5. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Ah, yes, but you said to put Oil or Ewoks first.... :p

~jenn

6. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Hmmmm. I wonder why?

7. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Gina, this is for you, chica... just don't drool all over the thread.... :p

Part 2:

As was her habit, Ilana rose early the next morning and headed down towards the kitchen, grabbing herself a cup of caf. Smiling inwardly as she joined the world of those slightly more awake, she moved towards the duty roster for the day, which was on the nearby terminal.

Pulling up the roster, she drew a small datachip out of her flightsuit pocket and inserted it into the terminal. When they had first arrived on Bakura three days ago, she?d written a program and then sliced it into this terminal. Basically, what it did was when she inserted the datachip, she was able to edit the duty roster and leave no evidence of her having done anything.

The screen flickered for a moment before a blank white screen appeared, prompting her for her password. Quickly typing in the ten digit code, she only had to wait a portion of a second before the roster appeared.

Kriff, Ilana cursed silently. She and Anya were on the first shift. Of course, that wasn?t going to matter in a moment or two, but it required extra work on her behalf.

Fingers dancing across the keys, she switched herself and Anya with Devi and Kolina before quickly exiting out of the program and erasing her electronic footsteps.

Her work was not completed a second too soon for as she ejected the datachip, the door behind her hissed open and a sleep-eyed Anya entered.

?Kara, what in the galaxy possesses you to wake up at such a sithspawned early hour?? she asked with a yawn.

?Just a habit,? Ilana offered in reply, discreetly palming the datachip behind her back. ?We have the 1700 shift, by the way.?

?Oh good,? the brunette replied. ?In that case, I?m going back to bed.?

Shaking her head with laughter, Ilana lightly pushed Anya towards the caf machine. ?Drink some caf, it?ll do wonders. Besides, sleeping in is highly over- rated.?

?So says she who rises at 0500,? Anya muttered in reply.

Shaking her head again, Ilana grinned as she made her way down towards the lower levels. Knocking twice on Kyp?s door, she crossed her arms in front of her chest and waited for him to open it. When the door stayed stubbornly shut, she frowned and knocked again.

Once again, she was met with silence. Banging on the door even louder, she waited only two seconds this time before taking a step backwards and kicking the door hard enough for the sound to echo through the halls for a minute or two.

At last, the door hissed open and a tousle-haired, sleepy-eyed Kyp appeared. A shirtless tousle-haired, sleepy-eyed Kyp.

Ilana dug her nails into the palms of her hands and forced herself to look up into his face and not at his chest. ?Come on,? she said curtly. ?Get dressed, we?ve got work to do.?

?You must be mad,? he said in a tired voice.

?That?s not what the psychiatrists at work say, but I suppose you could be right. Now turn your arse around and go get dressed.?

?Is it even tomorrow yet??

?It?s 0600.?

Kyp glared at her. ?Thanks to you, I?ve gotten a grand total of four and a half hours of sleep.?

?You?ll get over it,? Ilana said brusquely. ?Get dressed.?

Glowering darkly at her, he shut the door again. Ilana could see him summoning a shirt to himself with the force before it closed completely.

Leaning against the opposing wall, she closed her eyes briefly before reopening them and starting to fiddle with one of her blasters.

After a few minutes, she stepped towards the door and said loudly, ?If you?re not out of there in two minuets, Durron-?

?Calm down, Celchu,? he said with a drawl, opening the door as he did, ?I know you would have loved to be in there with me, but-?

Steely gray eyes flew up to lock with his green ones. ?I?m not that desperate. Let?s go, we?ve got work to do,? she snapped, repeating some of her words from before.

Mockingly, he bowed, one hand gesturing towards the stairs. Ignoring him, she walked briskly up the stairs and led the way out of the building.

?So where did you

8. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    You Tell him Ilana!!!!

9. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Love the banter.

And shirtless Kyp! Yum.

Jes

10. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    *sigh* I luv your posts master..... Ilana is um.... really really really really (that is not enough reallys but it will have to suffice... ) kewl... :D

11. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    At last, the door hissed open and a tousle-haired, sleepy-eyed Kyp appeared. A shirtless tousle-haired, sleepy-eyed Kyp.

=P~
    =P~
    Oh, my God, Jenn.... I love you forever.... Great post... I'll comment more later, I'm in Comp Science right now...

=P~

12. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Okay so here's the score:

Guy's drooling/hottness post: 1

Girl's drooling/hottness post: 1 (more recent)

I think it's about time for another one for the guys [face_mischief]

Oh, and I love their bickering! It seems that Ilana isn't a Kyp fan either :p

... yet [face_plain]

13. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    *rolls eyes* You got two guys drooling posts so hush you!

And I'll do replies soonishy. :p

Psst, Gina, don't forget to clean up after yourself ;) :p

~Jenn

14. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    *mops up the drool*

Another great post, Jenn.... I loved the Ilana/Kyp banter.

My favorite line:
    Well, here goes nothing, Ilana thought as she got out of the landspeeder. And Durron had better follow orders better than he flirts.
    [face_laugh]

15. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    *rolls eyes* You got two guys drooling posts so hush you!

Really? What was the second one? :confused: I can only recall Ilana in that sexy gaurd outfit with the things in her hair.

16. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    "?Before we go out there,? she said in a low tone, lips barely moving, ?I want to get a few things straight. This is a mission for the NRI and as I?m the ranking Intelligence officer here, I?ll be giving the orders, got it? I don?t care how good of a Jedi you are, but on this mission, you?re my back-up, not partner. So if I tell you to do something while we?re out there, just shut up and do it.? "

*scratching head*

Hmmm..., who does this remind me of?

*cough*LEIA*cough*

Ilana is totally going to fall for Kyp, you heard it here!!

17. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    lol... master.. you should reply to the comments soon... they are starting to crack me up! lol.....

post soon? I like the Kyp flirting with Ilana posts.... do another one, please?

18. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great chapter :)

19. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Thanks everyone! I'll do replies later because I'm currently busy helping with the awards, which leads me too....

Alright, children, listen up please!! The Awards Hosts need help! So if you have any ideas for entertainment that can be used during the ceremonies, please go here for details on who to contact. Thanks!

~Jenn

20. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    ? what do you mean? how are they gonna do anything at the 'ceremonies' for what? I am confuzzled.... oh well, my master might explain it to me... <<or she might just let you be miserable and confused>>

shut up.

lol.......

21. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very nice :) Lol to the last line [face_laugh]

22. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh shirtless men never hurt ;) Love the last line too! Great work!

23. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
  24. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
  25. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Kat: lol

Jesina: Hehe, thanks. And yes, shirtless Kyp is very yummy... [face_love]

Mystralgurl: lol, thanks padawan. :)

Gina: *snickers* Yes, I know you love me, now wipe up that drool. :p

ThrawnRocks: lol, yeah, I try to please my readers. ;) And yes, Ilana does defintely not like Kyp at this point of her life.

Gina: Hehe, I threw that line in as an afterthought. ;)

AvenKiel: LoL, now that you remind me, yeah, it does kinda make me think of Leia. ^_^ And she is so not going to fall for Kyp! I don't know what gave you that idea... [face_mischief]

Mystralgurl: hehe, sorry, not flirting posts for a little bit, I'm going to actually *gasp* work on the plot! :p

LaYa_: Thanks!

Mystralgurl: It's for the Winter fanfic awards. They announce the winners in a ceremony of sorts, meaning they announce the nominees for a catagory and then after a few minutes of drama, announece the winner. It's usually a lot of fun.

Nat: Hehe, thanks! :)

luney: Yes, shirtless men never hurt... *cough*Armand!*cough* Thanks! :)

ThrawnRocks and Mystralgurl: Thanks for the ups!

Alright, as some of you guys might now, I'm leaving tomorrow for Model UN, meaning I'll be prettymuch without internet access for the next four days. I was planning on giving you guys a post before I left, but the essay I have to write has spoiled those plans. So here's the deal: I'll try to write a post for you guys on the bus and then type it up and post it on Monday. Hopefully, you guys are cool with that, because otherwise, oh well. :p

Oh yeah, and good luck to everyone in the awards this weekend!

~Jenn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.