Beyond Daughter of No One, Daughter of Someone- 12/11/05: Important Author Announcement!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CodeName_Targeter, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Mystralgurl Jedi Master

star 4
    yep, she's back....

*BIG HINT*

*bats eyelashes - innocent look*

up now master?
  2. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm not back... My account's merely been hijacked.... yeah, that's it... :p

*disappears in search of a post*
  3. Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Mystralgurl Jedi Master

star 4
    *pouts*

well whoever hijacked my master's account, shove off so my master can post!
  5. Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Master

star 4
    UP!

C'mon Jenn, you promised us a post... Pretty please?
  6. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm working on it, I swear I am. However, Slytherin has dominated my mind at the moment along with the awards. But I do have half of one done which I will try to finish soon. ish. y.
  7. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    Ahem. Yes, I know this has taken me forever, but please accept my humble apologies and blame it on being completely stressed out the past few... months...

Anyways, here's my apology and your Christmas in August present. :)

Happy Christmas. :)

_____

Kyp?s eyes were wide open and showed his shock at the blaster pointed at his head.

Not letting her hand tremble, Ilana said, ?I said you have five seconds, Durron, and I mean it.?

?Remard?s working for the Imperial faction here on Bakura. He?s been trying to recruit me for weeks now,? Kyp replied hurriedly, green eyes flickering from side to side and anywhere but the blaster.

Slowly, she lowered the blaster, expression still blank. ?Why didn?t you tell me of this before??

?Perhaps because you woke me up so blasted early and my brain functions ever so well then?? he suggested sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

?Not funny, Larak,? she said, still expressionless though now her brain was thinking much much differently that it had been ten seconds ago. ?Don?t pull anything like this again. I expect to subordinate officers to inform me of these things beforehand, not wait for me to point a blaster at their head to make them explain.?

?Well perhaps you should keep in mind, that I?m not your subordinate officer, merely a Jedi on loan to Intel,? Kyp replied sharply.

She closed her eyes and counted to ten before reopening them. ?Where are we headed to next??

?None of the other places will likely open for another two hours so I figured we could get some food,? he offered.

?That sounds good,? she replied before shutting her eyes again and leaning back into her seat.

As the landspeeder pulled away, she silently berated herself. How could she be so stupid? She hadn?t lost control like that since she was a green field agent. They were on the same side here and were supposed to be working together, not against.

Taking a deep breath, she tried to change her thought focus more towards herself, not the agent-her. What was wrong with her? Ever since she and Kyp had met, the two were constantly bickering. She disliked the man, she knew that much. Or did she?

For some reason, their bickering always managed to lighten her mood, even though it really should. It even helped lift her spirits when she lost. That was something that really shouldn?t be happening. She?d been thinking for the past few days that she really did hate this arrogant Jedi, but now she wasn?t so sure. Her way of dealing with these sort of people issues was to either ignore them and hope they?d go away, or to be what Alina had dubbed ?Ice Queen.?

Ignoring Kyp wasn?t an option. They were going to have to work together for another seven months or so which could be quite a long time. The Ice Queen approach could be useful, but she got the feeling that it wasn?t going to work in this situation.

Of course, before she could figure out a solution, she needed to identify what exactly the problem was. The main source of the problem was Kyp. The secondary sources all branched out from him, and that made things more difficult. Or perhaps, she shouldn?t review her thoughts over a man like she would over an Imperial cell.

They needed to be working together for any of this to work. And as much as she hated it, she?d have to take the first steps which probably included apologizing for holding a blaster to his head.

Apologies were something she did not do well.

?Durron, I?d like to say that holding a blaster to your head earlier probably wasn?t the best course of action I could have taken,? she said, unable to make herself say an apology straight out.

His eyes flicked over in her direction. ?Is that some sort of apology??

?It?s more of a self-analysis,? she snapped back.

?Too proud to say that you were wrong about me?? he asked in a mocking tone.

?Being a field agent teaches you that you can?t trust anyone, not even your fellow agents,? Ilana said, gray eyes flashing angrily.

?Try learning to trust people, it might help you in
  8. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay! I love Christmas in August!

Thanks for the post - I was really hoping this one would return!

I like the fact that Kyp and Ilana have managed to come to a truce and form an alliance of sorts.

:)

oldj
  9. Mystralgurl Jedi Master

star 4
    *hugs master*

that post was almost worth the wait.... :D maybe a few more would be a good early birthday present? :p

yes, yes, I know, I need to be satisfied with what I have....
  10. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
    Uh-oh. Looks like Ilana is suffering from Carth Onasi syndrome ;)
  11. ccp Force Ghost

star 4
  12. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    oldjedinurse: Yeah, me too. :p Let's hope it doesn't take me this long for the enxt post. Of course, the sad part is that I've almost completed the ending. :p

Fappy: Tell me when your birthday is, and I'll try to put up a post. ;)

TR: Ilana is? *rereads the post* Hmm, yeah, you just might be right.... I swear, wasn't thinking of that when I wrote this! Of course, Myra seems to think that I'm somewhat quoting SoA here....

ccp: Thanks. :)
  13. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    Sorry for the double post, but I just thought I'd let you know the next post is finished. :)
  14. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
  15. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    *Jaw drops*

This was actually . . . updated???

*dies of shock*

Wonderful post!! I love the interaction between Kyp and Ilana :D

And the next post is done? While we're having Christmas in August, I think this might be the miracle of Hanukkah ;) :p
  16. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    TR: Hey, it actually was finished! I just had some issues with the awards etc.

Nat: Yes, a shock wasn't it? :p Lol, glad you liked :)

I'll post the next one tonight, most likely.
  17. Mystralgurl Jedi Master

star 4
    well, unfortunately, tonight has passed several days ago... so today will do fine :D

oh and

[:D]
    [face_coffee]
    =D=
    [face_dancing]
    @};-
    [face_laugh]

for the post... :D
  18. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    I had some technical difficulties. Kriffing floppy didn't want to work for me. Sorry about that, I'll try and get it up in a few seconds... or right now... :p

Chapter Four:

The past two weeks had gone very slow for both Ilana and Kyp. After the first day, they decided that going around a night ended up giving them better information. Ilana ended up taking the mid-morning guard shifts which left Anya rather happy as she got to sleep in most of the time.

Remard had still not reappeared with his offer which had Kyp a bit worried. Their current plan of action depended on getting Remard?s employer to accept them as members of the Imperial faction. If they could work their way up through the ranks, they stood a good chance at being able to force the group to crumble into pieces when they did act.

They were getting along much better now. Their partnership was beginning to evolve into a friendship, albeit one that involved near constant bickering over one thing or another. However, Ilana was not about to complain. If that was the price of them working together, than so be it. Of course, she?d never admit that she actually enjoyed the bickering, but she got the feeling that Kyp enjoyed it as well.

?Kara!? Kyp exclaimed as he burst into her room without bothering to knock.

Both she and Anya looked up, her expression a bit annoyed. ?Didn?t your mother ever teach you how to knock, Rudlam??

?Probably,? he replied. ?But I need to talk to you. It finally came.?

Ilana?s eyes grew wide. That must mean Remard had finally made contact. ?I?ll be back later, Anya. Tell that gang I?m sorry to miss the sabacc game.?

?I?m sure they?ll all miss you,? the older woman replied with a grin. She was probably right. After the games on the ship, her luck seemed to have run out when it came to card games.

?Yeah, yeah,? she muttered, grabbing a lightweight jacket before hurrying out. As soon as the door shut behind her, she began to interrogate Kyp. ?Where and when was this??

The Jedi held up a datacard before pocketing it again. ?He said me a message about five minutes ago. Said to meet him in Jemor?s bar in an hour.?

?Meaning he?ll be there in about half an hour,? she finished.

He nodded in reply. ?Exactly. Anticipating that we might be there to make trouble and planting his backup.?

?How soon can we get there??

?If I push it and security doesn?t pull us over, twenty minutes.?

?Let?s move then.?

Both broke into a run towards the hanger bay, Kyp reaching there slightly before Ilana. He was already starting the landspeeder up when she jumped into the passenger seat. As they drove rapidly through the streets, she remarked conversationally, ?I was wondering when they would finally get back in touch of us.?

?It took them much longer than I had anticipated,? he admitted.

?Okay, so I?m playing the silent woman who may or may not have a brain and you?re the commanding man who does all the talking. We-?

Kyp cut her off. ?Kara, we?ve gone over this ten times now. Saying it again won?t help us get this over with any faster.?

?I know, I know,? she said. ?I?m just a bit antsy is all. The fact that it took them so long to contact us again bothers me.?

?It bothers me too,? the Jedi admitted. ?I wonder if perhaps they found someone else working for Senator Jordan to join their cause.?

?What?? Ilana asked skeptically. ?We know everyone on his staff and none of them seem to have anything even remotely resembling Imperial leanings.?

He tilted his head in acknowledgement as he brought the landspeeder to a halt. ?True, but it is a possibility.?

Jemor?s Bar was nothing more than a medium sized room with a well stocked bar. That of course, was the basic description of nearly any bar in the galaxy, but that was what the place was limited to for the most part. A few chairs and tables were scattered around the area, but for the most part, the bar patrons had to either stand or sit on the floor. Loud music blared from unseen speakers and many patro
  19. ccp Force Ghost

star 4
    Good post! Did I miss who Capatain Nagol is somewhere? going to go back and check.
  20. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Nice post!!! I agree, did I miss something? And aren't those the creepy nine human kings who got rings in LOTR?
  21. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll do individual replies later, but two quick notes...

Nazgul, not Naglol, Nat. :p

And my hint of the day for you guys is to go and read the Hand of Thrawn duology.
  22. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Nazgul, not Naglol, Nat.

Er, yeah, that. Haven't seen them in a while . . .
  23. ccp Force Ghost

star 4
    Do I have read the whole thing again, or could you suggest a chapter, page number or something? Was he the gaurd clone?
  24. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
    Ah? Really eh? I think I know who you're talking about (with that ring and all). Isn't taht the guy who tried to take a blood sample from Film when they shook hands? I forget what that amounted to. Will that be important, or is this just for the sake of finding an existing officer?
  25. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    Will that be important, or is this just for the sake of finding an existing officer?

Your guess is as good as mine. :p
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.