main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Daughter of No One, Daughter of Someone- 12/11/05: Important Author Announcement!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CodeName_Targeter, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Your brain sometimes confuses me...

2. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    It confuses you?

It confuses me. :p

3. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Nagol. That reminds of the officer face pretended to be in wraith squadron- Lt. Narol.

*has a vision of face in his disguise*

*bursts out laughing*

4. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Oh, not good[/Obi-Wan]

5. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
  6. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
  7. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    up already!

8. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    To my dear Readers to whom I shall be eternally grateful:

I?m not going to lie, it?s really hard for me to write this note/letter to you guys and it?s not something that I?ve decided to do lightly. I truly appreciate everything you guys have done for me over the past year and a half. One of my favorite things to do was logging on to the JC and seeing your reviews for the latest post. You guys have stuck with me through a ton of long post-less droughts and I cannot express how thankful I am for that. It is truly on of the greatest honors a writer can receive. Therefore, I am a bit sad to inform you that this story is not going to be continued.

This fic got off to a rocky start. Those of you who were there for it remember. If you weren?t? ask someone else who was there. I?d prefer not to go into it right now. However, I will say this: M^3, your initial review was probably fairly accurate and I don?t begrudge you that. It was the aftermath that made me upset.

Lately, it?s been taking me MONTHS between posts and that?s really not fair to you guys as readers. I?ve also been somewhat avoiding the fanfic boards other then to post an occasional review or to post my latest viggie. On top of that, I?ve been thinking a lot over the past few months about rewriting this fic. My original plan was to rewrite when I reached the ending. That, obviously, has changed. My reasoning is this: the fic is really getting nowhere right now and if I go and rewrite now, it will save me a ton of grief. The downside of this is that you, my readers, have to wait for me to wrestle with the fic again for a month or two before I get it somewhat presentable.

I?m pretty sure that this fic will be back, in some form or another. It won?t be this exact fic and if more then a few lines survive, I?d be incredibly surprised. I don?t know how long it will take me or if I can promise you without a doubt that it will be back and for that I apologise.

Before I finish, I just wanted to take a moment to thank a few of my faithful readers for sticking with me through all of this: flowerbee, ThrawnRocks, Mystralgurl, Smuggler_Shidakis, NYCitygurl, padawan lunette, Darth_Suzi, Lady_Jade, Mirax_Corran, Jesina_Dreis, Valin_Halcyon, Jedi_Whispers, and AvenKiel. However, a huge huge huge thanks to Sarah, TR, Gina, Jes, Nat, and Luney for either sticking around or letting me bounce ideas off of your for this. I truly appreciate it.

So in closing and in farewell, I?ll just say, in a fashion that I know Gina will appreciate:

So Long and Thanks For all the Fish!

From the Laptop with Love,
    Jenn
    Stay Shiny

PS: If anyone of you wanna contact/pester/poke me, you can drop me a PM or you can always find me on AIM, MSN, or at DownTime or at Haven. :)

9. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    :_| I'll miss you, DONODOS.

*pokes Jenn* :p

10. Jedi_Whispers

Jedi_Whispers Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    We'll all miss you, Jenn.

11. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    *sniff* Will you PM me when you re-post it, Master?

*waves goodbye to thread*

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm sorry to see that this is closing :( It's a really great fic, but I understand [:D]

If you ever do get it up and running again, please let me know :) [:D]

~Nat

13. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Bummer!

I did realy like this it is great.=D=

So Long and Thanks For all the Fish!
    If the world is about to explode let me know so I can grab a beer, get a towel, and hitch a ride.

14. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    That's too bad, although I see where you are coming from. :(

15. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    I've not exactly been reading here, as you probably know, Jenn, but I know that it's not easy to decide that it's time to totally rewrite a fic. [:D] So, good luck, and I hope that you're satisfied with the rewrite. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.